Just got my order!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Just got my order!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby momof9403 » April 19th, 2005, 8:54 am

I just recv'd my first order and I'm enjoying the Dutch Chocolate shake as I am typing this up. It's really good. I was curious about that flavor, because I read some don't like it. I mixed it with 8oz of cold water and I was surprised to find it a little bit gritty at first, but it's very tolerable. I have missed one meal, but will be able to adjust my day to get my 5 in.

So next Sunday, I will be able to participate in my first weigh in. Hopefully, I will be a little lighter.

How long does it usually take starting before you notice it working ;)

Thanks
Jennifer
Started MF 4/19/2005
5 -n- 1 Plan
5'2" 30 yrs old
Weight= 145 lbs
Goal= 125 lbs
momof9403

Welcome

Postby LilMsTexas » April 19th, 2005, 9:06 am

Jenn,
If you have access to a blender make it in the blender with the water and ice. It makes it just like a creamy shake and I think it is sooooooooo much better. I can hardly tolerate it just shook up.

I started noticing I was physically feeling different in 2 weeks.

Best of luck and stay in touch.
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Dean0408 » April 19th, 2005, 9:51 am

Hi Jenn,

Christi is absolutely right. If you don't want the grainy texture, you need to put it in a blender. Some add crushed ice along with the water and the blender mixes it all up and it is really thick and foamy. The chocolate is my favorite.

You asked how long it takes to start working. Well, that varies from person to person and depends on whether you are on the full fast or the 5 and 1 plan. Remember to drink at LEAST 64 oz. of water per day. Some say 100 oz. The water is a key ingredient of the plan.

Christi said she felt better in two weeks. I don't know if you were asking when you would feel better or when you would start losing weight. From most of the posts I have read from beginners (including my wife and I), your biggest weekly weight loss will be the first week. This is not always the case, but in general I think this is a true statement. If you can get through the first week with NO CHEATING.........I bet you will be pleasantly surprised when you weigh in on Sunday.

The first 3 days are the hardest. Once those days are gone it will be smooth sailing so long as you keep your eye on your goal and fight any urges you may have for the things that brought you to this forum in the first place.

Headaches are common in the first three days. Have some boullion or other salty things to help ward these off. Your aim is to get to a state of ketosis........which makes your body become a fat burning machine.

Good Luck!!! Plenty of success stories here.......there is absolutely no reason why you can't become one of them.

Dean
Dean0408
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby momof9403 » April 19th, 2005, 9:58 am

Thanks so much for your responses. I will try the blended version later today. I was just trying to get going quickly since I had already missed the first meal time. But as I said I will get all 5 in today. I normally don't go to bed till at least 11 or 12 anyways.
The water will be the hardest part for me. I hate to drink plain water, but know that I have to. I also have some off brand drink mix similar to Crystal Light with 0 cals, 0 sugar, etc. That should help me out.
I was also sent two samples of the CAPPUCINNO, it that good????? Is it better HOT or COLD?? I really love ICED COFFEE. Also, I know it's considered a meal. So I'll be sure to have it accordingly.

Thanks again
Jennifer
Started MF 4/19/2005
5 -n- 1 Plan
5'2" 30 yrs old
Weight= 145 lbs
Goal= 125 lbs
momof9403

cappucino

Postby DiamondintheRough » April 19th, 2005, 10:07 am

Hi Jen,
I got a cappucino sample too and thought it was great. Did you get any vanilla shakes? I found an awesome recipe in the lean cuisine section of the forum. You add instant coffee, water, ice and sugar free caramel flavored syrup and whip in the blender. It is WONDERFUL (and I don't even drink coffee!).
The easiest way to get your water in is to drink a 16 oz bottle each time you have a meal/supplement. Just force yourself to swig it down. This also leaves you so full that you will not even think about going off the plan. Good Luck!

Jennifer
DiamondintheRough
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby doglover » April 19th, 2005, 10:16 am

Yeah Momma! I am so glad your meals came. I personally mix my shakes w/ 9-10 oz of water and shake it up in the jar and don't have grittiness!

Water is super important. I use the 0 cal flavors too but try to get as much clear water as possible.

Be ready for anything and come here and use the search button if you are worried/concerned about something - or just ask!

Welcome officially to Medi-world!!!!
D
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby bikipatra » April 19th, 2005, 10:51 am

I started losing weight right away! I am now losing weight much more slowly. In my first 24 hours of Medifasting I lost SIX pounds! I was blown away. This plan really works.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby bk » April 19th, 2005, 12:57 pm

try shaking it up and let it sit in the fridge for 5+ minutes. lots o plumping action occurs! i never fool around with a blender. dump, shake, set in fridge, drink!
bk
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby DonicaB » April 19th, 2005, 2:10 pm

I'm glad you got the tools you need to begin your journey to what I like to call Thinny Island.

If you don't want to mess with a blender, there is a shaker that is sold at GNC for about $5 that has a wheel at the top toward the lid. The wheel helps dissolve the powder so you don't have that gritty stuff. The one I got is clear with a red lid, it says GNC down the side. Tupperware also has a shaker very similar to the one from GNC.

I agree with Dean the first 3 days are the toughest (so far at least) and I had very bad headaches for about 5 days. Once you get past that you just seem to feel much better. Don't worry, if you stick to the plan you will begin noticing the weight loss very soon.

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby Guest » April 19th, 2005, 2:45 pm

A big help that I have found is to put an icecube in the jar when shaking. IT helps chill it and also blends it a bit better if you dont feel like busting out the blender :)

Postby momof9403 » April 19th, 2005, 7:33 pm

Thanks for all your opinions. I am about to have my last shake for the night in about an hour. Since the first one, I have been blending with ice and it's soooooo much better!!!!!! :D

Thanks again
Jennifer
Started MF 4/19/2005
5 -n- 1 Plan
5'2" 30 yrs old
Weight= 145 lbs
Goal= 125 lbs
momof9403

Return to Come on in.