Just found you all.

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby Lauren » November 23rd, 2005, 8:58 am

Dreams are what keep us pushing, so keep dreaming! Good luck to you and your girlfriend on both your diets - it's interesting that the diet plans are polar opposites! I hope it works for both of you!

What do you think, Hyperion, anyone else going to join this forum, or are we going to end up chatting ever day ourselves? :-)

Ciao!
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby Hyperion » November 23rd, 2005, 9:00 am

Haha I don't know, I think I'll start another thread putting a yell to everyone so they wake up :)
264/150
Began: 2005-11-03
Finished: Never

Went to 150, then began gym to build some muscle; currently 173.8! (Need to cut some fat)

<b>Discipline is the art of choosing between what you want now, and what you want the most.</b>
Hyperion
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Lauren » November 23rd, 2005, 9:07 am

That is too funny, I SWEAR you are not going to believe this, I was going to send a new thread called "WAKE UP!!" But I welcome you to do it!
Lauren

Postby Hyperion » November 23rd, 2005, 9:08 am

Ok i'll start it ;)
264/150

Went to 150, then began gym to build some muscle; currently 173.8! (Need to cut some fat)

<b>Discipline is the art of choosing between what you want now, and what you want the most.</b>
Hyperion

Postby Triskets » November 23rd, 2005, 3:39 pm

I am soooo impressed that you ladies had the COURAGE to start MF this close to the holidays. :goteam:

I've been here before - my goal last year was to take off the 100 or so extra pounds I am carrying around. I did pretty well for 6-8 weeks losing 32 pounds. I had to go off the liquid because of severe acid reflux problems that I had to have surgically repaired. So I did gain back those 32 pounds.

My specific reason last year for wanting to get the weight off (besides the obvious health risks) was that I did not want to hit age 50 (1/13/2006) with all this excess weight.

September 2006 my step-daughter is getting married. I DON'T WANT TO BE THE FATTEST PERSON IN THE WEDDING PICTURES! If I don't get this weight off that is exactly what will happen.

I'm not sure when I'll start MFing again. It sounds like people are more successful if they eat the other products and not just drink 5-6 shakes per day like I've done.

What products do you recommend? Which are your favorites?

Have a Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow.

Trish
Triskets
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Lauren » November 24th, 2005, 6:57 am

Morning, Trish, and anyone else reading:

FIrst of all, Hyperion is a 21 year old guy from Quebec - he's just as insightful as us "ladies," which is why you probably couldn't tell! :-)

I have only been on MF for 2 weeks, but have lost 15 pounds. I do the 5and1, and really look forward to the lean and green meal each day. I mostly drink the shakes and oatmeal as my MF options, and I include fast soups whenever necessary (need salt or potassium). I feel good most of the time, and have thus far found it not too difficult, but can certainly appreciate how this can get "old" over time. Truth is, binge eating got old too. So did always worrying about when I could sneak around to get food. It all gets old. So I figure, I would rather get bored with eating MF while LOSING WEIGHT, then get bored pigging out. Hey, we all have options, right?

Good luck on your MF experience - don't put it off another day, just decide to do it and do it. No drama. No last big meal. None of that. Just wake up tomorrow (or when you get the MF goods) and start. That's how I quit smoking, and that's how I am doing this. ONe day at a time. You'll do great, and you will be beautiful in the wedding pictures!
Lauren

Postby Hyperion » November 24th, 2005, 7:06 am

Thanks Lauren for the reminder ;)

Trish, my opinion is the same as Lauren. If you take MediFast too seriously, you'll eventually think it gets old.

I do the same as Lauren, I wake up, I drink my shakes, but I just don't have the mentality of saying "I am on a diet, I have to resist food, it's only temporary, I know it hurts but I must do it, I must live a new life, etc". None of that. I try to integrate MF in my life, but not make it the center of it. I mean, what is life all about? Food? Obviously not.

It's about work, food, sleep, hanging out, friendship, love, etc...

So, Medifast is only about food. It's a part of life. Treat it that way. What is cool about this is that Medifast already makes it easy. Hey, eat L&G once, drink 5 shakes/oatmeals/etc, drink 8 glasses of water, and bye bye! Nothing to plan, worry about, etc!

I found out doing MF without "thinking" too much about it makes it much more motivating! :mrgreen:

Comments, discussions, insults? :-P
264/150

Hyperion

Postby Lauren » November 24th, 2005, 12:00 pm

Well said, Hyperion. You rock!

We're like a newly formed tag team! :-)
Lauren

Postby Triskets » November 24th, 2005, 12:27 pm

So Tag - I'm it!

Thanks for your replies Hyperion and Lauren. So sorry for thinking you were a girl Hyperion!

Lauren I really like what you said about binge eating getting old and how MF gets old too. But with MF you lose weight instead of gain! And how many times have I turned to the same "comfort" foods? And haven't they gottem old and boring? And like Hyp says, it's only food and it's only temporary.

So, I gotta pick a day and get on with it. I think I will do the 5/1 plan this time instead of just the 5 shakes.

Thanks you two!
Trish
Pound by pound my weight is coming down!
Start over 2/9/2008
268/252
Triskets
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Hyperion » November 24th, 2005, 12:32 pm

I'm doing the complete fast, which means no NON-medifast food, because I want no temptation on cheating :shock:

However, I eat oatmeal, bars, soup, and almost every variety of shakes.

I think the key is to make a variety out of your food. You know, like arrive in your kitchen, and say: "hmmm, what could I eat tonight?" instead of "hmmm now is time for vanilla shake."

Oh, and next order (in one month :cry: ), I'll order chili, 2 new shake flavors, maybe pudding, etc...

Lol I'll finish this plan before I get the chance to taste everything :D :D
264/150

Hyperion

Postby Serendipity » November 24th, 2005, 5:36 pm

Lauren wrote: Truth is, binge eating got old too.

Lauren, very good point! It got very boring trying to keep up the lifestyle, lol. Now, I have so much more time to get things done. I'm like you, Hyperion, I don't obsess about MF, I just get-er-done and get on with other stuff. Sometimes it even seem like a bother to go and have another shake, but I treat it almost like medicine that has to be taken.

All of a sudden I have all sorts of time to think....and do.....and just be. It's a great feeling to be free of the hold that food had on me.

BTW, got through Thanksgiving dinner on program and most of my family didn't even notice! My plate was full, but all I had was my turkey and veggies. Then, when they had pie, I had my very, very, very, favorite bar.....Lemon Fantasy.....mmmmmm. I think they would be jealous if they knew how good it is :lol:
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » November 24th, 2005, 7:59 pm

Congrats Jo on being our first confirmed Thanksgiving "survivor"!!

Keep on shakin',
:cheers:
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Come on in.