It just clicked

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

It just clicked

Postby finalstraw » February 4th, 2004, 11:28 am

I am in my third week. I woke up this morning and for the first time on the diet, I won the mental game going with myself over food.

For the first time, I realized that the shakes are not replacing my food, they are not keeping me from eating my food - THEY ARE MY FOOD.

I have struggled with the Medifast because my frame of mind was "Oh, I have to drink another shake instead of eating again, I just want to finish the shakes so I can move back to food".

I don't know what made the change (probably God, my husband has been praying for me because he knew I was really struggling) but, it did. I have read post (like from Nancy) that those that have reached their goals continue to drink shakes as part of thier regular 'food' intake. I finally got it.

I hope this helps others who are still in the mindset that the shakes are 'replacing' food and can't wait until they no longer have to drink them.

I now KNOW that I will stick with this and LOSE all the weight I want to. :D I know that I will probably order Medifast for the rest of my life, I know that with all the food I could eat, the shakes are a great way of getting 'TRUE NUTRITION'.
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Jeanette » February 4th, 2004, 1:15 pm

Stephanie: I am so happy for you! I remember my "light bulb moment" day. It came about my fourth week or so, after I could really see a significant improvement in how I felt.

My plan is to continue to use the shakes after I reach goal. It really fits into my lifestyle! Also, it will help me to keep the true importance of food in mind--that it is fuel.
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Return to The Weight Room