Infuser Question

Questions/Comments about Ordering Products.

Infuser Question

Postby Susie Q » January 19th, 2009, 8:57 am

I'm not sure which forum to post this in so I selected this one - - it looks like there are posts about the food so here goes.....

I've seen conflicting information on the Medifast website about the number of infusers we can have on plan. What's the skinny on this? Is the 'limit 3' because of the carbs, the caffeine or what? I'm not caffeine sensitive and I'd like to have 4-5 of these a day. I drink them in addition to copious amounts of plain water.

So, I wonder - what is the limit based on? Anyone know?

Susie :heart:

Wedding Goal Image
Stretch GoalImage
Susie Q
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Nancy » January 19th, 2009, 9:52 pm

Hi, Susie ~

I am happy to know that you enjoy the Momentum Flavor Infusers; we like them, too. Our experience is that they truly help to suppress appetite, which is especially helpful for people on the maintenance phase of the TSFL programs.

I'll give you my best thoughts regarding the use of the Momentum Flavor Infusers - the Flavor Infusers do add about a gram of carbohydrate; for some people having extra carbs can increase the recommended range of 80-85 grams of carbs which may affect their weight loss.

The Flavor Infusers have a thermogenic effect – they increase the metabolic rate or up the caloric expenditure – wah-hoo! The thought of lyin’ on a beach towel and burning 33 calories while listening to my iPod is rather thrilling to me! But from what Dr. A indicated, the body will receive maximum benefit with three infusers and sipping on more than that will not be of benefit in terms of calorie burning.

Indeed, many people are more sensitive to caffeine and since it has a half-life of six hours, it remains in the body long after you've had a cup of coffee, tea or a Momentum product. It can interfere with sleep which is one of the Habits of Health we promote.

Susie, if your weight loss has been consistent and you continue to drink plenty of good ol’ water, and if you are able to close your peepers and nod off when it is bedtime and get 7-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep per night, you may be able to handle more than the recommended 3 infusers. However, there are those who will be :whattha: wired and have trouble settling down for the night…sure wish I had Flavor Infusers during med-term and finals week when I was in college!

When clients begin to notice a change in the rate of weight loss, their energy or sleep habits, we analyze their daily food intake and may need to adjust their meal plan. Diabetics can be sensitive to the Flavor Infusers; some have reported increases in their glucose readings.

You can always send a quick note to the TSFL Nutritionist
nutritionsupport@tsfl.com
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Nancy » January 19th, 2009, 10:12 pm

P.S. Hey, Susie ~

Just wanted to mention one more thing since there are two kinds of Flavor Infusers...people who are on the 5 & 1 Program, may use up to a TOTAL of 5 Infusers a day which may be a combination of the Momentum and the Antioxidants; so three Momentums and two Antioxidants or vice versa.
The limit is primarily due to what I mentioned above: carb content & caffeine...
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby nickieluv » January 20th, 2009, 3:44 am

Hello again Nancy - it is always so uplifting to see a post from you, whatever the topic is. I hope you are doing as well as can be. Seeing you back on the boards reminds me once again of your success story. Plus you always seem to have a smile in your online voice, which is great to see first thing in the morning. :D
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Susie Q » January 20th, 2009, 6:58 am

Nancy,

That is very helpful information, thanks!!! I enjoy adding the infuser to my water. I find that I need 'flavor' more than anything - - I seem to crave flavorful food (perhaps cuz I cut out all that high fat stuff :-) ).

Anyway, the flavored water helps me with that. When I head to the fridge to grab a bottle of water - I grab two. One plain and one that I add an infuser too. I drink about 5 plain bottles of 16.9 ounce water a day and struggle with wanting more infusers along with them. It's good to know that as long as I continue to count the carbs (I have been) and sleep well (no issues there!) and lose (almost 10 pounds in 8 days :) ) then I am OK with a few more........I just hated the 'I'm cheating' feeling :-)

Thanks again for your in-depth response!!! It was so very helpful!

Susie :heart:
Wedding Goal Image
Stretch GoalImage
Susie Q
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Nancy » January 22nd, 2009, 8:06 pm

You are most welcome, Susie Q. Glad it helped you. ;)

You may want to try this: put a sprig of mint and a slice of cucumber and a slice of lemon in a large pitcher, add water and let it sleep overnight in the refrigerator. It makes plain ol' water taste great and you can sip all day and feel refreshed!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Order Info