How often...

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Postby Echo » July 14th, 2004, 10:47 am

RB, welcome to the forum. You have a valid question and I'm sorry that some people forgot the 'support' in 'support forum'. I started weighing myself every day but now I weigh myself just a few times a week. The important part for me is to weigh at the same time on the days I weigh myself.

I have also found that there are some people that are not judgemental and really are supportive here. I have learned to listen to them and not the ones that try to make me feel bad.

I wish that people would learn to give thier opinions without the attitude, especially to new people. As this is a forum with limitations it is really important to make sure your intentions are clear. It isn't up to the reader to analyze and make excuses for rudeness.

echo-who isn't perfect, and knows that you aren't either, and accepts that.
Echo
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby explorthis » July 14th, 2004, 11:47 am

What a wonderful treat that this post is brought into the limelight again. What a thoughtful gesture. Amazing, that most readers see support and few do not. Amazing that some shoot them aim.

Interesting though this post, in the beginning, had a 2 line simple question, that WAS answered in a manner that *I* thought “SUPPORTIVE”, based on information given. Additionally how can one accuse someone that posted a SUPPORTIVE response of being rude?

Then, one additionally sits idly by, then drives by and pours gas , without even a thought for other members, on a smoldering fire. This I find RUDE. Lest we forget, attitude plays a big part in our daily lives, and this is a free speech board, which obviously some are taking late advantage of.

Exactly what limitations does this board present? Other than profanity, or listing non Medifast compliant websites, I find this board and MOST of the members pretty
Non-judgmental.

Amazing.
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Sylvia » July 14th, 2004, 12:18 pm

This is the second negative string we've had in recent weeks. I have a suggestion to help avoid this in the future.

Given the limitations of this kind of forum and the fact that simple misunderstandings can not be quickly clarified and laid to rest at times, I recommend the following:

If you become upset or have a concern about the supportiveness (or lack thereof) in a post, send a PM to the poster. That is a more effective way to resolve your concerns than by airing them here. It also prevents others from becoming demotivated by the negativity.

While I don't agree with everything posted by other members, I have NEVER felt that anyone was less than fully supportive. In addition, I am also confident that a quick PM exchange would clear any misunderstandings up quickly and leave both sides with a good feeling. I don't imagine there are too many good feelings floating around after the previous exchanges...
Sylvia
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Carrie » July 14th, 2004, 12:30 pm

Rather than try and explain myself further, I will simply say that I wholeheartedly agree with Sylvia's suggestion. I truly believe that no one here EVER intentionally tries to be hurtful. I believe this forum should be a place where we can all feel safe and expect to have positive experiences.

Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Previous

Return to The Weight Room