How long will it take?

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

How long will it take?

Postby kdluster » February 10th, 2004, 6:14 am

Hey there! I am on day one and was hoping all you seasoned veterans of medifast could give me a guesstimate on how long it will take me to lose 84#'s. I am doing a full fast. Thanks!
Karen
February 17, 2004
246/187/165
kdluster
Regular Member - #30 Club

Re: How long will it take?

Postby explorthis » February 10th, 2004, 7:28 am

kdluster wrote:Hey there! I am on day one and was hoping all you seasoned veterans of medifast could give me a guesstimate on how long it will take me to lose 84#'s. I am doing a full fast. Thanks!

Every person is different... Results not typical (laughing) heard that one before? Here is a snippet from the front page of this website:

Institute of Health. In a study conducted by the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, males lost an average of 67.41 pounds and females lost an average of 47.5 pounds over a sixteen-week period.

Ok, Females lost 47.5 in 16 weeks. Lets do the math:
47.5 devide by 16 = 2.968 (round up to 3 pounds a week) Remember this is average... For 84 pounds your liiking at 28 weeks. This means you will be at your goal if you started today on 8/17/04.

Am I a typical male? Lets look at me.. I began 9/8/03 and hit 100# gone in 18 weeks (01/16/03). This was an average of 5.55 pounds a week.

Lets look at Jeanette. She began 11/10/03 and on 2/6/04 she hit 50 pounds gone, this averaged 4.16 pounds a week.

I think this program can at least boast "Results ARE typical" However, each person is different. You can expect to see your 84 pounds gone somewhere aboutnd late July, or Early August of this year.

Remember this, what other alternatives do you have? You can go somewhere else, and hope that program works. You can do that no-Carb, wrap it in lettuce thing, or call that Jenny Woman, or that other WW one.. This is it! This is the last weight loss management program you will ever need. Read the testimonies. Medifast is the only program you will ever need again. Look at the support, you could not get support anywhere like you get it here, and it costs you pennies a day for electricity.

Stick with it. Its a SHORT stint in your life. We took decades to become overweight, lets take a short time and lose the weight and be where we want to be, M-E-D-I-F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C!

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby kdluster » February 10th, 2004, 7:49 am

Thanks Mike!

I appreciate your candor and honesty - I am slurping away on my second shake right now! I have to admit, I was counting the minutes between my first shake and this one. But reading the posts tell me the first three days are the hardest! Get thru them and I can keep going and going!
Karen
February 17, 2004
246/187/165
kdluster
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby Starloser63 » February 10th, 2004, 7:52 am

Just wanted to add I know a lady who is doing the modified program and she has lost 146.5 pounds since April and she has about 80 left to go. She is still going strong. It works you just have to let it do it's magic.
Through Christ all things all possible.
Susan F
246/216/150
3/23/04 2nd x
First Goal 199
Starloser63
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby finalstraw » February 10th, 2004, 9:16 am

how long it will take me to lose 84#'s

One MAJOR factor is how religiously you follow the program. Some people tweek it to fit it into their lifestyle, there are the 'oops, I couldn't help myself' and then there is Mike & Jeanette - Die Hard By The Bookers'.

You will loose more by being FAITHFUL, but that is hard in it's own right. :D
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby shineface » February 10th, 2004, 12:07 pm

Thanks Mike---- I needed that ... sometimes I don't even know why something strikes such a strong chord in me - and your post did it ---- I guess it helped to reinforce that this is REAL.

With this MF and this forum I will do this and live free.

ps.. how do you guys all use that "quote thing" in your posts?[/quote]
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby explorthis » February 10th, 2004, 12:20 pm

shineface wrote:ps.. how do you guys all use that "quote thing" in your posts?

What quote thing? (laughing)

grab the text you want to quote, paste it into your reply, or your created post, make sure that text remains highlighted. See at the top the box that says "quote" click on it and you get

quoted

Or when you want to reply to someones post, and show their name, see the top right hand corner of the post, there is a "quote" icon? Clicking this will grab allthe text from the post, and automatically "quote it" you can delete what is not necessasy, and only keep the pertinent information you want to reply to..... or keep it all.

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis

Return to Weight Loss