HollyH

1 Thread per registered User.

HollyH

Postby HollyH » October 24th, 2006, 3:46 pm

Well, I might as well join in on the journals! I've been trying to read everyone's, but have been too busy to finish. I only have internet at work, so- I get to read everything in little bits.

First of all, my name is Holly and I'm 36/married/live in Dallas. I work with 4 people who have done MF off and on, and all love it! No one has put weight back on, and it just made me want to try it. I've tried WW, Atkins, JC, LA.....shall I even go on? I gave up on those so fast because I couldn't SEE or FEEL any difference!
MF is wonderful! I have only been on it for 4 weeks, and have lost 5 lbs, 1.5 lbs, 3.5 lbs, 1.5 lbs. I get a little frustrated at the 1.5 lb weeks, but can see such a huge difference with only 10 lbs lost! It's absolutely unbelievable!

I belong to a MF center here in Dallas, and my rules are a little different. I can have 5 oz lean protein instead of 7. But, I can have unlimited pickles and jello....(that can get old fast!) Had I known I could do it online only, with this support, I probably would have!

I just want to FEEL better about myself! I want to be able to walk into any store and buy a regular size. I want to not be ashamed to be in my swimsuit/shorts at the pool or beach! I don't want to see 4 chins and one huge rear end that can't possibly belong to me in pictures! I know I've chosen the right road for me, and I'm definitely an instant gratification girl!

I really appreciate that this website and forum are available to me anytime I need support! I certainly will try my best to add my support when I can. Just wanted to introduce myself and let everyone know I'm planning on working as hard as everyone else is! Here is to all of our successes!!! :D
HollyH

started 9/26/06, age 36, 5'2
HollyH
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » October 24th, 2006, 4:15 pm

Hi Holly,
:wave:
Thanks for the intro.
Nice meeting you....:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby kmr » October 24th, 2006, 4:29 pm

Welcome Holly!
kmr
Preferred member

Postby PJinCali » October 24th, 2006, 4:37 pm

Welcome Holly! :wave:

PJ
20#5-21 - 120# forecast 3-3
40#7-09 - 130# forecast 4-2
60#8-31 - 140# forecast 5-2
80#10-22- 150# forecast 6-2
100#12-30 – 160# forecast 7-2
110# forecast 1-29
PJinCali
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby casma500 » October 24th, 2006, 4:41 pm

Hey Holly -- WELCOME!!

I am only on Day 4 today, so we are definitely at different places there, but I live in Dallas area too. Work in downtown, so it's nice to see some others here that have done this -- I barely heard about it!

I am totally excited by the pix shown in the studio and am hoping to get some friends from work to start this once they see what it does for me! :mrgreen:

I am working on losing 30 lbs by Christmas.

WAY TO GO, too, btw for the 10+ loss already!!!
~ Be Yourself -- Everyone Else is Already Taken ~
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby DogMa » October 24th, 2006, 5:21 pm

Nice to see some Metroplex folks around. I'm in Arlington. There are a few of us North Texans around. We talked about doing a lean and green dinner one time, but it never worked out.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Sojourner » October 25th, 2006, 9:39 pm

Welcome to the group, Holly!
Hey, congrats on the 11.5 lbs.--that's nothing to sneeze at, girl! I don't remember who it was, or if that person still posts here, but someone used to equate each lb. with butter...so, you've lost the equivalent of 46 sticks of butter!! Imagine that. When you're feeling frustrated at only 1.5 lbs. lost for the week, think of 6 sticks of butter smooshed onto your body somewhere...makes for an interesting visual, eh?
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby HollyH » October 30th, 2006, 11:17 am

are you serious? 46 sticks of butter? WOW! That is a fabulous way of looking at things!
I go weigh in tomorrow. I'm hoping it's a big number this week. I have been amazed at my self-control while doing MF. I have never experienced that before on ANY diet! I don't want to take a bite of even the smallest thing that I'm not supposed to have. I'm leaving for NYC on 11/1, and have decided (through the support of all of you) to stick to it! I'm packing bars and shakes, and only eating a L&G at dinner while I'm there! I really want to be a loser this time.

I've had trouble getting off of my laurels and working out! What is wrong with me? I'm really hoping that all of my walking in NY will get me started for when I come back. I really want this stuff to melt off, and I'm not doing all I can do. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that I lose big tomorrow, and continue to lose when I weigh the next week after my trip. Thanks to everyone for being so supportive! I don't feel like I would be as inspired without this website!
HollyH

HollyH

Postby HollyH » November 8th, 2006, 3:53 pm

Well, so I went to NYC with my husband and parents....I stayed on track for 2 days, and fell off a little for 2 days. I was supposed to go weigh in at my center, but postponed it until next Tuesday. I got back on immediately, but am disappointed in myself for not sticking to it even 80% the last 2 days. It makes it that much harder to go back to doing MF only! I really missed out on a few more pounds! (I don't have the courage to weigh myself at home!)

Anyway....I know, I know....it's just life! I just don't want to use that as an excuse ever again. I'm stronger than the food I'm looking at! I don't think I did terribly, but every bite of a "forbidden" food made me feel GREAT until I came home!

Back to the drawing board, and I'm really hoping to post at least a couple of pounds next Tuesday! Hope everyone else is staying on track!!!
HollyH

HollyH

Postby casma500 » November 8th, 2006, 8:41 pm

Glad to see you are back home AND back on MF Holly! That is just a part of life, unfortunately, but heck, you got home and got right back on -- how many other diets have you done THAT with?? You will stick with it I know! :byebye: :cheermed:
~ Be Yourself -- Everyone Else is Already Taken ~
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Return to My Journal