hitting a wall

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

hitting a wall

Postby ljm498 » August 29th, 2005, 9:03 am

Hi everyone. I've been on medifast since the end of March and have had little to no trouble till now. But in the past week or so, I feel like I'm starting to hit a wall. I wouldn't say I'm struggling to stay on plan, but, I'm getting a wee bit frustrated and just want to eat other food. Last week I had my very first bad choice where I intentionally ate something I knew wasn't on the plan. I had overcooked a hot dog for my son for lunch and it would have been too tough for him to chew so, instead of throwing it out, I ate half of it. ARgh! I did learn from that one that when it's close to being time for my next shake or whatever, do not handle tempting food! But the point of this is, up until now, NOTHING would have bothered me. Not that dog, not anything. And this is bugging me a bit. I don't want to start down that slippery slope. Thankfully the hot dog didn't derail me in the least bit and yes, it was a tiny slip relatively but, I don't want to do it again. But, psychologically I'm getting antsy and I need to get past this. I think two things are bringing down my attitude, the fact that my weight loss has slowed down despite being %100 compliant (with the exception of the hot dog) and the fact that our county fair is coming and it's REALLY REALLY REALLY bumming me out that I won't get to enjoy any of the fair food, which I LOVE by the way. I know, it will be here next year and it's not going to kill me to skip the food. Now, mind you, going off plan for me, is not an option. Not even for a day. I WILL reach my goal. No ifs, ands, or buts. I'm completely determined. But, that said, it's getting harder to stay on track. Anyone with advice? I've come this far and will not give up. Please someone, words of wisdom?

Thanks for letting me vent!
Lynne

Me 34
DH 41
DS 1
Dcats Pookie & Poto

Started 3/28/05
Starting Weight 214.5
Current Weight 125
Goal Weight 115-120
Total Lost 89.5 lbs!!! Wahoo!!!
ljm498
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Carbshateme » August 29th, 2005, 10:13 am

Lynne:

Reading your post, I really don't think you need any words of wisdom, I think you said it all yourself! You sound very determined! You have come a very long way and I think in the Success in a Shaker Jar book there is a section called "Are we there yet?" which applies to you. You should check it out! I KNOW you can do this and reach your goal!

And as far as State Fair food is concerned.. have you ever REALLY looked at carny people? Are you sure you wanna eat som'm served to you by a toothless prison-tattooed covered ex-junkie wearing a Molly Hatchet concert T-shirt? (No offense to any toothless ex-prison junkies wearing bad heavy metal T-shirts, by the way!)
Carbshateme
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby Nancy » August 29th, 2005, 11:30 am

Lynne ~

Oh, yes! I know how you feel...I had waves of 'let's bag it', too. They come and go - part of the process. It doesn't make it easier when you are in that mode. Keep reading positive books, plan what you will do when you reach your goal, go to Barnes and Noble and read magazines, clean out your closet, organize the linen closet or the kitchen junk drawer, etc.

Pick someone on the Forum to PM with, etc. Get occupied with something and get your mind outta the kitchen and off the state fair...
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby LeeannNH » August 29th, 2005, 12:24 pm

hi lynne

sorry to see you are having troubles. it sounds like your determination is winning your battle for you. you have recognized your weaknesses and are addressing them. and by coming here and venting you are making yourself accountable.

ive lost 50# myself and know how you feel, specifically about fair food and the stinkin thinkin about quitting. i too am determined!!! we can do this together--its awesome that you came on here and posted your fears

you are doing so well!!! pat yourself on the back and hang in there girl!

leeann :mrgreen:
Starting weight on Nov. 3, 2008: 220 | Present weight: 220 | Goal: 135
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Postby fatfree » August 29th, 2005, 7:30 pm

Lynne
You CAN do this!! You are doing sooooooooo good, you have lost 50#!
That is totally awesome :yourock:
Believe me it is a slippery slope and sometimes it is hard to get OFF a slippery slope until you have slid right on down to the bottom!!

I know how your feeling about fair food.......I LOVE IT! Even if it is cooked by toothless, tatooed ex-cons(that was funny)!!! :shades:
BUT I KNOW YOU CAN OVERCOME THIS!

Be out of town the weekend that the fair is there :redprowl:
Shelley
RESTARTED MAY 1, 2006

fatfree
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby ljm498 » August 30th, 2005, 3:16 am

Thanks everyone for your encouragement. It really helps tremendously! My attitude is a little better today. I've realised that this is just a "poor me" feeling about the fair and I've kicked myself in the tail and told me to get over it.

Actually, the food I'm referring to doesn't come from the carney people, it comes from the local stands and booths like the local fire department and 4h clubs etc. But, I do see your point on that one! :lol: But, we really are looking forward to going because this will be my sons first fair and we can't wait to see his reaction to all of the people, lights, sounds, colors, animals etc. I've been thinking and know that the best way to teach him is by example and we will put our focus on all of that, and not the food so he knows he is there for the fun of it, not the food of it ;)

Again, thanks so much for your encouragement. And I know that once I get through this, I will feel even that more empowered to reach my goal.
Lynne

Me 34
DH 41
DS 1
Dcats Pookie & Poto

Started 3/28/05
Starting Weight 214.5
Current Weight 125
Goal Weight 115-120
ljm498

Postby fatBgone » August 30th, 2005, 6:06 am

Hi Lynne,
Well, I'm glad you're feeling better today!! :-P

I know you've got the strength and determination to get through this - and like you already said - just keep reminding yourself that this is only off limits :x - for now - while you're losing. Next year - when you're already at your goal - you'll be able to enjoy these things again - in moderation. :D

How old is your little boy? I've got a 5 year old son and I know he would be in some kind of "kid heaven" at the fair you've described. Sounds like tons of fun!!

Have a great time & stay focused!! You CAN do it!!
Lisa
fatBgone
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby ljm498 » August 30th, 2005, 8:50 am

Lisa, my little one will be 1 1/2 on the 13th. Yeah, I can't wait to see how he reacts to everything there. It should be lots of fun. We just took him to a small zoo last week and it was so cute to see him seeing the animals. He was waving to the monkeys and squeeling at the bear. He loves cows though and I can't wait till he sees all of them in real life. He's going to go bonkers. :lol:
Lynne

Me 34
DH 41
DS 1
Dcats Pookie & Poto

Started 3/28/05
Starting Weight 214.5
Current Weight 125
Goal Weight 115-120
ljm498

Postby Nancy » August 30th, 2005, 9:41 am

Yup!

:hi5: Perfect mindset there: you're going to the fair for the fun of it; not for the food of it!

You are gonna have a blast! Gosh, you can hang out at the animal barn and :pet: pet real live cows, sheepy lambkins :sheepjump: and check out the piglets, too. :pigsfly:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby ljm498 » August 30th, 2005, 11:00 am

Nancy, the animal barns ARE in fact my most favorite place at the fair! I just love em! They always have the baby piglets and they are SOOOOOO adorable! And the bunnies! Thanks for reminding me of that. Now I really can't wait for Saturday. Thanks, you all have really helped me change the old attitude and have me focusing on the right things. It never fails, this place always helps me stay focused. You all are angels!
Lynne

Me 34
DH 41
DS 1
Dcats Pookie & Poto

Started 3/28/05
Starting Weight 214.5
Current Weight 125
Goal Weight 115-120
ljm498