Hiding

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby Evie140 » February 20th, 2006, 3:11 pm

I pre-mix my daily shakes, soups, whatever and bring them to the office. Since I have the Magic Bullet which comes with two lids, that allows me two shakes at work, plus a soup and a bar. My 5th meal of the day I have on the way to work - a shake without the lid. And then dinner.

Most people don't pay too much attention to what I'm doing, but I'm with you - you don't want the whole world knowing what I'm up to. Makes it feel like you are pressured to show results - I'd rather let them notice LATER that I'm losing weight. I work with a lot of women who drink Slim Fast or eat lean cuisines, etc. so it isn't exactly a hostile environment. There are certainly people I wouldn't tell though - the insensitive ones - you know who they are ;-) Think there is at least one at every workplace - even if they are well-intentioned, they can be rude or hurt your feelings!
Evie140

Postby suzyq » February 20th, 2006, 3:29 pm

Before I was ready to tell people at work (wanted to have some success under my belt!) I brought things like the soup and crackers, and some celery or pickles. Most people didn't notice I was eating anything different - if anyone asked what I was eating I would just say "soup". I would also pre-mix my shakes and bring them - although the colored bottles sounds like a great idea!

Good luck!

Susanne
"Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."

restart 6/5/08
suzyq
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Kido » February 21st, 2006, 10:57 am

I have told one close co-worker what I am doing. She asked how and where I was drinking my shakes. I told her in the bathroom, and I felt like I was hiding my drugs in there. :lol:

Anyway, I found my old coffee mug that I can now transfer my shakes into, no one knows the difference.

I am off to make my soup.
Kido
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Previous

Return to Come on in.