Here we go!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Here we go!

Postby Sarya » May 5th, 2006, 5:46 am

My medifast food came yesterday. Despite the fact (or because of it) that I am sick I am starting Medifast today. I figure that I'll be home trying to get well this weekend so I won't get so tempted by food. I had a banana cream shake for breakfast, and although it was a bit watery it pretty much tasted like banana cream pie. yum :) I honestly expected it to taste a lot worse than it did. heh.

--S
Sarya
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Arklahoma » May 5th, 2006, 5:50 am

Sarya ~ Welcome to our warm & cozy community! Hop your feeling better soon and dropping weight like crazy!
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby MusicalMomma » May 5th, 2006, 6:19 am

Welcome Sarya :) Sorry you're not feeling well. Hope you're better soon.
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby GucciGoo » May 5th, 2006, 6:22 am

Welcome! Today is my first day on Medifast too. I also am taking the entire weekend off and doing nothing but focusing on my dieting (and my little boy!).

I started with the oatmeal this morning. I may have made it too think because it reminded me of cement, but I added some extra hot water and it was edible :)
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Sarya » May 5th, 2006, 6:42 am

I had that shake this morning and now I'm wandering around my room trying not to think about my stomach :? I think you did the right thing having something with a little more oomph for your first meal :) I might have some oatmeal in an hour. Or a bar.

I shouldn't have eaten that entire pizza last night :oops: I knew better, but I love pizza so I was trying to get it out of my system. I bet my tummy is all kinds of stretched out right now.

--S
Sarya

Me too

Postby xwoman » May 5th, 2006, 6:58 am

Sarya,

Welcome, I started today Friday and had spent the past week eatting those things I would not have again.........I GAINED 3 lbs hahaha

I had oatmeal, found it VERY filling, someone suggest sugar free syrups like for cappachinos to add flavor.

Meanwhile, you go, in just 10 days you will feel so different, you can do this, 10 days is a short while, and after that you will feel so good you won't want to stop!!!!!
Just Shake and Shed , Shake and Shed...

xwoman
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Sarya » May 5th, 2006, 7:41 am

Hello xwoman! I'm sure you are right! I am sooooo glad I'm not at work right now though. I would surely mess myself up. It has been a little over two hours since I finished my shake, and now I'm eating my oatmeal. I had hoped to wait a little bit longer, but the hunger thing was just stabbing at me. I know that the first three days are the worst, and I can see why :D I know my eating an entire pizza last night has probably made it worse too. Oh well. I can do this! My roommate is being a lot more supportive than I thought he would be so I think that will make it easier.

--S
Sarya

Postby GucciGoo » May 5th, 2006, 7:46 am

Hee--- I made Stouffer's Fettucine Alfredo and a bagel with cream cheese my last supper. Plus I had 2 glorious ice-cold glasses of Pepsi. Ahhhhh...
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo

Newbies

Postby Jan » May 5th, 2006, 11:52 am

Oh my goodness,
Starving people :mrgreen: Don't worry -- once you make it through the first three days or so the hunger won't be a problem I'm then saying to people "yes you must eat everything" :mrgreen: Go ahead and experiment as you mix up the meals. We all like them different. Nancy drinks her oatmeal and I've always had mine thick with extra cinnamon and splenda. I call it bread pudding. The more water you add -- the thinner the product. I mix my shakes thin and Nancy has hers thick :? Remember on the first three days or so it's ok to add an extra shake. It's only 90 calories, perfectly balanced, won't throw things out of wack and just may help you make it through the day.
I'll be watching for you my starving friends. :D Soon that and the extra pounds will be a thing of the past.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Re: Newbies

Postby jump4joy » May 5th, 2006, 12:04 pm

Jan wrote:Oh my goodness,
Starving people :mrgreen: Don't worry -- once you make it through the first three days or so the hunger won't be a problem I'm then saying to people "yes you must eat everything" :mrgreen: Go ahead and experiment as you mix up the meals. We all like them different. Nancy drinks her oatmeal and I've always had mine thick with extra cinnamon and splenda. I call it bread pudding. The more water you add -- the thinner the product. I mix my shakes thin and Nancy has hers thick :? Remember on the first three days or so it's ok to add an extra shake. It's only 90 calories, perfectly balanced, won't throw things out of wack and just may help you make it through the day.
I'll be watching for you my starving friends. :D Soon that and the extra pounds will be a thing of the past.
jan

Good post Jan! I always put two packets of Splenda and cinnamon in my oatmeal too. I don't drink coffee so I add the skim milk (that MF allows coffee drinkers to have) to my oatmeal after it's cooked with 2/3 water. It's one of my favorite MF meals! I'll call mine bread pudding too....I like that! ;)
Motto: The time will pass whether I diet or not.
jump4joy
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » May 5th, 2006, 12:07 pm

Hi Sarya and I'm glad you're shakin' with us!

I'm happy you've started. Like Jan said, once you get through the first 3-4 days, and things will improve greatly! Welcome! Post often! We're here to help!

DeDe
dede4wd

Postby Sarya » May 6th, 2006, 6:01 am

My first day went ok except that I fell asleep before I ate my pudding! I'm going to chalk that up to being sick since I slept off and on during the day. I stepped on the scale this morning because I couldn't resist and I was down! I'm not going to count it because my scheduled weigh-in is on Sundays, but wow. I've never ever had that water weight loss that others have when they go on a diet. So this bodes well for MF :)

And maybe I'm weird, but so far the shakes and stuff don't taste too horrible. The chili was pretty funky, but I added kaboom and salt to it and it was ok. I'm going to try hot sauce next so that I can hopefully cut out the added salt. I really like the peach oatmeal! Who would have thought? yay!

--S
Sarya

Postby FORMOMMY » May 6th, 2006, 8:24 am

Welcome Sayra!!! You are doing great! Keep it up and you'll be at your goal before you know it.

Go to the Lean Cuisine section for all kinds of recipes and way to doctor up the supplements. I'm glad you are enjoying everything so far - that is half the battle :)

Listen to our wise Jan, have an extra shake if you are hunger - plus if you are sick your body is working that much harder to get well and probably needs the extra 90 calories.

Good luck!
Michelle
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Phil 4:13

Started 1/23/06
Recommitted 1/02/07
FORMOMMY

Postby lifelovinaries » May 6th, 2006, 8:34 am

Glad to have ya Sarya!! Remember the pickles and sugarfree jello if you need em!

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries

Postby mamabear » May 6th, 2006, 9:53 am

:wave: Welcome! Sounds like you're off to a great start!! :yay:
mamabear
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Next

Return to Come on in.