Here we go friends, let's make this happen!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Here we go friends, let's make this happen!

Postby DiamondintheRough » November 6th, 2008, 9:00 pm

I am ready to commit. Is there anyone out there ready for their LAST re-start? There is no better time than right now. Let's all join in and we can be healthier and happier by Christmas. Let's get this board rocking again! Everyone knows the first few days are the worst, but you can do it! Drink a bottle of water with each supplement and you will be so full (and busy running to the bathroom) that you won't cheat. My health advisor just told me that there are 3 new bar flavors with lower calories so you can eat more than one per day. God answered my prayers! Don't leave me hanging here by myself, join me! Although I am not doing so hot right now, I once lost 50 pounds on medifast and I know how to do it again. Let's cheer each other on and share ideas and recipes so we don't get bored with our lean and green. If you have always been a lurker (Guilty myself) it's time to jump in and share.
Jennifer
DiamondintheRough
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby nickieluv » November 6th, 2008, 9:45 pm

Welcome! I'm not a lurker, although probably some people wish I would just shut up sometimes. :lol: But I am having trouble restarting, and this board has always been a big help to me through good and bad times. I am ready to commit and not let anything get in the way - not even my own crazy ideas. Anyone who's been having a hard time, Jennifer is right, let's get this done and get that positive momentum rolling us through the holidays, instead of letting our 'rolls' get control!
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby nickieluv » November 6th, 2008, 9:47 pm

And can you believe there are bars now that you can have more than one of per day? Do you think they will phase out the old kind? Personally, it's going to be an adjustment to not feel like I'm cheating if I have a second of these new kind of bars. (!)
nickieluv

Postby katieb920 » November 8th, 2008, 7:24 am

I am here also..... RESTART RESTART RESTART.... IF the first few days were not so hard I would have probably been finished Already. LOL only if it was that easy.. It is so weird I know I can do it.. I have done it... Once I am at day 10 there is no stopping me. I just really hate the headaches. BLAH BLAH BLAH. I am already complaining. Well good luck everyone. I am day 1 again.

Katie

Where is Boot Camp Trainer Lauren
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Day two! You have to try this........

Postby DiamondintheRough » November 8th, 2008, 2:54 pm

Hi Nickie and Katie! I am so glad you are joining me. I already feel better. It's only day two but I feel excited about life and have more energy than I've had for awhile. My daughter is home from college for the weekend and my husband is gone on a hunting trip. I've already had my "real meal" for the day. If there is anyone out there that really misses French Fries I have a great (medifast friendly) substitute for you. I saw this posted here a long time ago but didn't try it until about two weeks ago. Take raw turnips, peel them and cut into strips just like you would cut up a potato for french fries. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray and lay your turnip fries on it. I arrange them so they aren't touching each other. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or longer (It will depend how big your fries are) After they come out of the oven salt them and serve with Heinz low carb ketchup. YUM! They taste a lot like french fries but are actually sweeter. my 18 year old daughter thought they were great too!
Jennifer
DiamondintheRough

Postby DutchChoc » November 9th, 2008, 8:06 pm

I'm going to try to be here, too, but you know how much you want it until you have to navigate a few days to hold things together. I'll be at day#1 tomorrow.

I found a site that counts the days, hours, minutes, seconds until Christmas, in fact, and would it be so impossible to go minute-by-minute, if necessary trying to be "good"?

http://christmas.whipnet.net/kids/timeleft.html

I really need some success under my belt before the holidays and seeing the people I don't see often. Else, I'M REALLY GONNA DREAD IT SOON!
Ending weight MF 10/2004: 126
Starting weight 12/1/08: 168 :-(
Loss December: -7/-0
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby nickieluv » November 10th, 2008, 7:11 am

I have a Christmas countdown right on my desktop. I try not to set big challenges for myself because I always find a way to mess them up, but it is a reminder that time keeps ticking away whether I'm on plan or not. And the hard times will pass, and we will get to where we are sailing through the program almost without thinking, and the weight will come off. That's worth working through a tough week for, right?

Day 2 for me and I am determined!
nickieluv

Postby Gwenski » November 18th, 2008, 10:25 pm

RESART - DO-OVER - RETURNING - FOUND.....Whatever anyone wants to call it, let's go!

I hear you and also praised all the higher powers that be when I read your post and you said, "My health advisor just told me that there are 3 new bar flavors with lower calories so you can eat more than one per day. God answered my prayers!" So, if I wasn't sitting, or weighed MUCH less, I would have fallen to my knees and all would have heard me counting my blessing and screaming in joy. REALLY? REALLY? More than one a day....not possible! But then again, I never thought I would have the courage to get back up on this healthy track (without surgery, vodoo, and intervention, becoming seriously ill or my mouth being wired shut) and here I am.

We did it before. We were sucessful. We are brave. We can do this. OH YEAH and................we ARE sucessful not for just doing this and being here.

Past is the past. No more getting in our own way, if we get this weight off that will be harder to do. We need come here and have others knock some sense into us when we go....THERE. YES??????

I am 100% with you so, let's be in the now with eyes on the future. Darn, I sound so peppy and happy that I may have to go and dig out my pom poms --- DON'T MAKE ME GO THERE!
:cleader: :cleader: :cleader: :cleader: :cleader: :cleader: :cleader: :cleader: :cleader: :cleader: :cleader: :cleader: ok, so I like to go there! hee hee hee!!!!
Gwenski

Began July 6, 2005 & Originally lost 131.19#'s
New Start Date: November 8, 2008
Gwenski
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby nickieluv » November 19th, 2008, 7:38 am

There must be something in the air today because I was feeling really peppy this morning, too. Yours was a nice post to start the day with. Back on track and away we go!!!!! (Literally away we go, let's melt ourselves away with MF!)
nickieluv

Go Gwen!!!

Postby DiamondintheRough » November 19th, 2008, 5:58 pm

Hi Gwen,
Glad you are with us! I know we can do it. I knew I wouldn't be the only person excited about the bars. They have seriously made me very happy. I am having a shake for breakfast and I have been eating bars for all my other medifast meals. The peanut butter crunch is my favorite followed by the chocolate mint crunch and then the caramel crunch. These make the plan easy to do no matter where we are. No refrigeration or cooking required, I love it!
DiamondintheRough

Return to The Weight Room