Here I go again....

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Here I go again....

Postby Gwenski » November 13th, 2008, 9:03 pm

Hello one and all! It is I, the elusive and previosly MIA, Gwenski.

Only those around for ages and ages and ages might remember me - so if you don't, it is nice to meet you.

I am coming out of hiding and humiliation as I have finally come to terms with gaining all of my weight back (and then some). My head and life are back into a condusive place for this. The responsibility was, is and remains MINE.

So, it is time to forge ahead and start a fresh path towards weight loss and the rest of my life. I know that MF works and works well.

The forum and support here is better than anything else. Never have I been so excited about making such a committed lifestyle change. I feel like I am back to a place that helps me to be the best me that I can be.

Looking forward to watching those lbs melt off of us. Knowing that there is always much wisdom and support on these pages, helps a bunch.

Here's to all of us who are here committed to getting ourselves together.
Our journey together is going to be quite an adventure.

There is going to be a whole lotta happy shaking ahead!

:bouncieball: :bouncieball: :bouncieball: :bouncieball: :bouncieball:
Gwenski

Began July 6, 2005 & Originally lost 131.19#'s
New Start Date: November 8, 2008
Gwenski
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby nickieluv » November 14th, 2008, 9:45 am

Wecome back - you've done it once, so you know you can do it again. I hope it's been smooth sailing for you so far!
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Lauren » November 14th, 2008, 11:59 am

Oh, Gwenski, I remember you!!! I guess that means I've been around for ages and ages!

I am sorry you've struggled in the past couple years, but thrilled you came back, and with such gusto to boot! You know it works, so just work it!

Anything you need, we're here for you. I don't have a journal, but I tend to "live" in the Maintenance section on the forum, or you can PM me anytime too.

I don't know if you remember me, but we definitely used to have some fun chats back a couple years ago!

Best to you,

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby Gwenski » November 15th, 2008, 12:29 am

Thanks Nickie, so far so good. Tomorrow is a whole week and other than a really disappointing salad outting :( , I am doing hunky dunky. It has been like finding a pair of my favorite slippers that I thought had been lost, I don't have any intention of going barefoot again!

Getting an old friend back in the program and myself all in one is pretty incredible. Woo hoo!

OMG! Lauren I am so happy you have done so well and are still here! I totally remember some pretty fun postings - see, this is why you come here and come back! :kool: YOU HAVE SO ROCKED IT!

Thanks for the encouragement ladies, I don't know why I have so much engry when I haven't had a soda in days.....well, whatever it is - I am so riding on the way of getting it in gear and going. :treadjog:
Gwenski

Gwenski

Postby Mike » November 17th, 2008, 12:05 pm

Welcome back Gwenski. :mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Here I go again

Postby medigirl » November 19th, 2008, 9:08 am

Gwenski - Thanks for your post. I lost 50 lbs on MF and gained almost all of it back. I am disappointed in myself. Guess I goofed on going back to my old emotional eating habits. I started MF in Nov. 2007 the week before Thanksgiving. Stuck with it 100% until April of 2008. Seemed like one cheat lead to another and now, here almost a year later I am back where I was last year. I start each day with the promise I will make it today. Got as many as six days in a row and then backslid. Why is food so important and why do I think I'll "die" if I don't have "that". Didn't "die" when I skipped the bad food choices before. Even got rid of my clothes as I lost weight, now I have few clothes choices and look at my thin clothes just hanging in my closet and get so upset with myself. I loved trying on clothes and was so surprised when those size 8 petite pants fit! I loved wearing my new clothes and I want to wear them again. I need support, so I am here and looking forward to making new friends, cause can't do this alone.
medigirl

Postby nickieluv » November 19th, 2008, 12:20 pm

Hi Medigirl - ditto on the smaller clothes mocking me from my closet. I REFUSE to buy more clothes at this size, so I wear the same 3 or 4 things all the time. Let's get a move on and maybe a couple stretchy things will fit by Christmas! :D
nickieluv

Postby DogMa » November 19th, 2008, 2:08 pm

I'm a little late chiming in (been sick), but I remember you, too. Welcome back, but sorry about the circumstances!!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Gwenski » November 19th, 2008, 8:44 pm

Oh Medigirl, I hear you as though I was listening to my own thoughts! Gald you made it back here too.

As for me, I finally went through the closet and packed up the clothes. They made me feel so bad. I kept everything I fit into now (all five things) and the next size down. Organized the rest into bins by size with labels and then, I voted them off my island! They now are safe and sound in the garage waiting for me.

Jus think how excited I will be opening tubs of smaller size clothes -- all for me. It is going to be like Christmas. Really looking forward to bringing back things that made me feel good and thinner.

Something lifted when they weren't all there mocking (like Nickie says) me and it isn't like an out of sight out of mind thing either. I am just not making myself feel horrid everytime I open the closet or a draw. Heck, it was also a great project to de-clutter. Goodwill loved me!

Hey Dogma, I totally remember you - thanks for the kind words! I am so glad that I am here getting back to me. Funny how the hardest thing to give one's self a little credit and respect. Well, being here is that for me and I am happy to know that I am not alone!

:hi5: :hi5: :hi5: :hi5: :hi5: :hi5: :hi5: :hi5: :hi5: :hi5: :hi5: :hi5:
Gwenski

Gwenski

mocking clothes

Postby medigirl1 » November 20th, 2008, 8:05 am

Thanks for the idea of removing the mocking clothes from my closet. I am hanging up a pair of jeans that I will see everytime I go into my closet. I should be able to wear them in a couple of weeks after sticking with the plan. Am glad to have found friends to share victories and disappointments with.
I chose and registered with medigirl and not the system won't allow me to log on. Any suggestions on how to register and stay with the same user name? Thanks.
medigirl1

figured it ou

Postby medigirl » November 20th, 2008, 12:58 pm

Realized I had not activated my account, have done that and look forward to sharing this journey. So far so good today. The hardest time I have is when the kids come home from school. Must realize this is an eating trigger. Anyone have suggestions on resisting the temptation to cheat at this time?
medigirl

Postby nickieluv » November 20th, 2008, 1:09 pm

Katie always sings the praises of gum. Have some sugar free gum in your mouth until the urge passes? Or schedule a bar for that time so you can have something to eat with the kids? Or sometimes a diet soda will do the trick for me - kind of sweet but still OK to have. My trigger times are when I am alone - today I'm trying to be online and watch movies to keep busy. I'm sure you'll find something that will work!
nickieluv

Postby Gwenski » November 21st, 2008, 1:19 pm

GUM! Magic Gum! Got me through Costco yesterday without fail. It was like a Saturday or Sunday with all that stuff they were cooking. Gum, oh my friend gum. I am always packing mints and gum....you never know.

Awesome idea with the bar or soda (even Crystal Light) when they get home. Try to transition them to fruit and veg snacks -- even give them something you know you don't like that they do, that way it isn't tempting.

MF Bar trick.........cut it up into M&M size pieces, put it in a nice small bowl or shallow dish and a nice glass of agua - it looks like a lot and looks special. Then eat a piece and then sip.....great for mindless hand to mouth syndrome while watching tv and movies (works great in a snack bag at the movies). That and it takes a lot longer to eat so you are totally full until your next fueling stop.

Glad we are in this together....makes the journey a lot more fun and stable.
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Gwenski

Gwenski

Postby DutchChoc » December 1st, 2008, 6:43 pm

What a great discussion on this thread, and it all makes perfect sense to me as I can certainly relate to the whole thing - like being confined to a couple versions of my fattest clothes these days and keeping on wearing different pairings of this unfashionable, dowdy what's-left-of-a-wardrobe! Some days, I just wanted to SCREAM out of frustration over my lack of choices and fortunately, I haven't spent much money lately getting bigger clothes.

I really do look forward to making progress - isn't it funny how a good day makes us think we can keep going long enough to make progress?

And yet we all share the experience of knowing it can happen AND we know that passing by what we want isn't the worst thing in the world. I was always in awe of exactly how little can sustain a body when compared to the overload I usually pile on - obviously an unnecessary food burden that just goes to waste/fat. Not even fun or enjoyable except for a few moments.

I hope all of you are still around and we can keep encouraging one another (and that I'm here too, lol!).
Ending weight MF 10/2004: 126
Starting weight 12/1/08: 168 :-(
Loss December: -7/-0
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Return to Come on in.