Here we go again...but in a different way!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Here we go again...but in a different way!

Postby lifelovinaries » October 28th, 2007, 7:08 am

Ok guys, i have been lurking for a while and i really wasn't going to post until i reached the 30# club because i would always fall off before i got there. I didnt want to keep being a restarter! I realized that in doing that I was recognizing that failure was an option, WHICH IT IS NOT. So HERE I AM, posting with a loss of 5.8, not 30. Thanks dede (DECIDE. COMMIT. SUCCEED) i am glad to be back to my MF family. I see that like me, some have dropped off, jumped back on and repeated again :lol:, and that's ok, that's why we are here. I started this time at 240.6. It's kind of a slap in the face because when i originally started in April 2006 i was at 237 and dropped to 215 then fell off. i've started NUMEROUS times in between there and couldn't stick to it for whatever reason. So this time, I can not do it day by day, I choose to do it hour by hour. It has been working for me so far because i can do anything for an hour. So guys, i'm glad to be back home, glad to see the family has extended.

Oh yeah, Unca (or Mike) i guess i have to be stripped of my badge!! :cry: But that's ok, I will be back in the 10# club soon! :-P

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Tawanda » October 28th, 2007, 8:35 am

Welcome back and congratulations on the loss (great loss for first week).
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby LAwoman » October 28th, 2007, 10:40 am

5.8 loss - what a great start!!!

I think you touched on something important regarding restarting when you mentioned that we start to believe failure is an option and we can deal with it later. But you're right, FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION HERE! Restarting has been more difficult than the first time with MF, but since we've done it before, we know we can reach our goal as we STAY COMPLIANT and STICK TO THE MF PLAN!!!!

One of the things that has helped me are the little discussions I have in my head with myself.... :oops: :shock: :oops: ...that go something like this when temptation is set before me, or I'm frustrated with where I'm at (ie, not at goal, yet)

..."Look, a month from now, and a year from now is going to come whether I'm compliant or not. So I can eat __________ now and remain at this weight (or highter) and start all over again, or I can be disciplined now in the present, stay compliant, and be at my desired health, strength, and weight a month/year from now. Fortunately, it's my choice (and no one elses) to make."
LAwoman
Preferred member

Postby lifelovinaries » October 28th, 2007, 6:01 pm

LAwoman wrote:5.8 loss - what a great start!!!

..."Look, a month from now, and a year from now is going to come whether I'm compliant or not. So I can eat __________ now and remain at this weight (or highter) and start all over again, or I can be disciplined now in the present, stay compliant, and be at my desired health, strength, and weight a month/year from now. Fortunately, it's my choice (and no one elses) to make."

LAwoman, you are definitely right. That has been my problem, here i am a year later with no progress. Well now's my chance to step up. Thank for the encouragement guys!

lifelovinaries

Postby bikipatra » October 29th, 2007, 2:25 am

Great loss! Congrats!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby blondeangel7782 » October 29th, 2007, 7:28 am

Life~

I too am familiar with your situation (a year later and here I am) BLAH :x So all we can do is pick ourselves up and keep shaking, it gets really tough sometimes, as the saying goes "When the going gets tough, get going" I'm back on track and had a big slap in my face this weekend so your not the only one! PM me anytime we can hold eachother accountable :mrgreen:
blondeangel7782
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby lifelovinaries » October 29th, 2007, 1:54 pm

thanks guys for the support. that's why i love this place. you are not judged for your "fall offs". blondeangel...i definitely will have to take you up on the pm. today was pretty tough for me but i got thru it so far. It's times when i feel like this that i start to give in. I am fighting it this time saying, I can do anything for one hour, I can do anything for one hour, just gotta make it thru the next hour :x But hey, whatever it takes right? Oh yeah, i am down a total of 7.3 for my official 1st week weigh in. I weighed in yesterday to try to get myself in sync with most of the others. Now that I know that my official was 7.3, i am switching to Sundays for weigh-in. :mrgreen:

lifelovinaries

Postby DogMa » October 29th, 2007, 3:09 pm

lifelovinaries wrote:It's times when i feel like this that i start to give in.

I think you said a lot here. When you feel like what? Many of us - probably MOST of us - here are emotional eaters. So try looking at your triggers. Once you know what makes you want to give in, you can work on preventing those feelings - or learning better ways to deal with them.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby lifelovinaries » October 30th, 2007, 1:52 pm

DogMa wrote:
lifelovinaries wrote:It's times when i feel like this that i start to give in.

So try looking at your triggers. Once you know what makes you want to give in, you can work on preventing those feelings - or learning better ways to deal with them.

Thats exactly what I have been trying to do dogma!! When the urge to eat off plan comes, i take a look and say "am i really hungry or is it that i have this emotional hand to mouth connection?" usually, it's the connection. when i just take a quick second to think about it, it gives me the opportunity to realize that 9 times outta 10, its all emotional. At that point, i need to drop the feelings...the feeling of wanting to stick that cookie in my mouth as well as the negative feelings that are triggering it. Hour by hour...that's how im taking it. So far so good!!!!

lifelovinaries

Return to The Weight Room