OH HELPPPPPPPP!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

OH HELPPPPPPPP!

Postby Terfile » December 6th, 2003, 6:24 am

OK OK I guess I jumped the gun on three days ago when: I SAID I LIKED THE SHAKES.I have found myself not liking them now ...what Do I do..you all said somehting about syrup where do I get it and does it really make them taste better? I cant bear the chocolate what Do I do?
I really wanna stay on this program and I sure hope this isn't a discuragement but I don't know how long I can live on vannilla alone:)
HELP
Terfile

Just testing

Postby Maggie » December 6th, 2003, 7:22 am

I have been having trouble posting a reply so I wanted to test before I wrote a reply.
Maggie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Help is on the way.

Postby Maggie » December 6th, 2003, 7:36 am

I hear you Terry.

One thing that I find helps with the taste is to add more water than the directions call for. I use at least 12 ozs. of water to blend the shake and then add 5 or 6 cubes of ice. then blend until the ice is incorporated into a thick frothy shake. I think it improves the flavor and it adds more water to your days total.

If you are a coffee drinker, add it to your coffee. I know it doesn't mix well in hot liquids but if you will pour about 12-14 ozs. of hot coffee into the blender, place the lid on and turn the blender on to it's lowest speed.
While blender is whirring, take off lid and add 1 packet of Swiss Mocha, Dutch Chocolate or Hot Cocoa. Blend at high speed for a little bit. (There will be no lumps) Pour into the largest coffee cup you can find and enjoy the most delicious cup of Cafe' Mocha, smothered in foam. I have also heated these 3 flavors plus vanilla, using only hot water with this method. Do not microwave. As you drink this you may need to swirl it around in your cup to keep it from settling to the bottom.

I agree with you that the Dutch Chocolate is a little strong but using the above directions, I think you will find that you will begin to like it. Let me know what you think. :lol: Maggie
Maggie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Terri and maggie

Postby susan » December 6th, 2003, 8:13 am

hey girls , just add a little peppermint flavoring to the choclate shakes and it makes them taste like choclate mint and thet are really good add orange flavorings to the vanilla you can get the flavorings at the grocery store .I did this when I first started and now I don;t put any thing in them and I think they are great .what ever you do don;t give up you can do this I know you can I have and so can you and I have never been able to stick to any thing else so just try this and any of the other flavorings .but----------don;t give up. i;ll be waiting for your reply try this.susan
susan
Preferred Member - #50 Club

awsome

Postby Terfile » December 7th, 2003, 12:00 pm

I doubled the water and ice in the dutch chocolate added a drop of vanilla and vawalla its better! :lol:
Thanks
Terfile

Postby Unca_Tim » December 7th, 2003, 10:54 pm

Hi Terry,
There's a few more recipes here in the recipe section. Crystal light is always good too. Maybe someone else will post some of their fave recipes too.

You might also try some of the other Medifast products. There's lots to choose from. Maybe try a sample pack to get a variety and find out which will work for you.

Between a few of the other meal replacements, a couple varieties of bars and some flavors in the shakes, you can create some variety.

The Oatmeal bars are my fave..... :tongue:
Keep us posted,
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Return to The Weight Room