Help me with condiments, please!

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Help me with condiments, please!

Postby just_julie » March 10th, 2006, 8:35 am

I looked at the FAQs and found this:

"What is considered "low fat" and "low carb" for the salad dressing. The one I like is 9g carbs and 2g fat. I'm afraid that is too high. Any recomendations for a good thousand island dressing?"

No one answered though.

Personally, I'm using the Walden Farms dressings, and they are yummy. I've been worried about the spices and things I use to zip things up. Can someone please let me know what is "low carb"? How many carbs vs. grams protein are we allowed? I know we're not supposed to HAVE to worry about that. MF is designed for no counting. We sure are trying to make it hard on ourselves, aren't we? (Maybe I should speak for myself.)

TIA!

PS - I'm down 5.5 pounds on Day 7. I really thought it would be more. I usually lose closer to 10 on my first week of anything else I've tried. But I must admit, it's the most I've lost without exercise! I'm dying to get out there and move. How long did you wait to exercise?
just_julie

Started March 4th (aka my day to go forward)

just_julie
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » March 10th, 2006, 10:09 am

Julie ~

I am happy to hear your first week weight loss report. Not bad to lose a pound a day! Yeah!

If you haven't been exercising at all before you started your program, wait until the end of the third week/beginning of week four. It takes our body three weeks to adjust to the fat-burning state and to utilize the stored fat for its energy source. Start off slowly and gradually increase your activity level as you are able, up to 40-45 minutes per day.

Regarding salad dressings and condiments - we may use 1-2 teaspoons of mustard, ketchup, bbq sauce and any herbs and spices that you prefer.

Salad dressing is one of those food items that is harder for me to define because our taste preferences vary greatly across the country and yet the Internet makes the availability of products universal for most of us.

I've written quite a few postings over the years regarding salad dressings and you may want to do a search to find out additional information. Salad dressing can add a substantial amount of calories to a meal if we are not mindful of reading the label. Many fat free and low fat dressings contain corn syrup for thickener = carbs.

Walden Farms is always a safe way to go because it is Zero across the board. Medifast suggests that the TOTAL carbohydrates for the DAY be between 80-85 and the calories may range from 800-1000 depending upon the program (diabetics and seniors get a few calories more than the regular 5 & 1 program).

The total carbs for the Lean and Green meal are about 10-12 so the salad dressing you cite 9 grams) is a lot pricier calorie-wise than I'd suggest.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Weight Loss