HELP!!!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

HELP!!!

Postby Allie » October 7th, 2006, 2:52 pm

I am having the "i'm bored" snack cravings. I know that I am not hungry because I had a shake about an hour ago, and I have already had 100oz of water and it is only 3. I also walked to the library this morning (2mile round trip) and have read 96 pages of the new book.

The chips and salsa are calling to me...saying "you know you want us, come and get us. It will be so yummy and no one will ever know." :x I can't cheat!!! I finally made the 20# club and want to continue in the correct dirrection. I want to scream.

I called my man and he is coming home from work at 415, and we are going to go on a short hike together and a picnic, but I still have more than 1 hour to be alone with the chips and salsa speaking to me.

Allie
If you always do what you have always done, you will always be where you have always been.
Allie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby THINKnTHIN » October 7th, 2006, 3:38 pm

Just saw this so hopefully the temptation time has passed......."leave the building" is the motto I follow...I mean REALLY! what else should you do in an emergency! :)

Sometimes I just drive and play agressive music like AC/DC or play catch with the dog outside and really make her work or if I'm really feeling ugly pull weeds out of the garden beds where they WERE eating happily...If I can't eat neither can they! I hope is passed and you are now stronger, if not forgive transgressions and move on quickly.
THINKnTHIN
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » October 7th, 2006, 4:27 pm

I don't know if this helps but I run to Starbucks and get a Venti size Passion Iced Tea and add 2 packets of splenda. It feels like I'm treating myself to something, but it is legal, and it's not too expensive. I'll even sit and read the paper or a good book for a few minutes, if I don't have my 3 year old in tow.

I also agree with ThinknThin, You gotta get out and away from the food!
Hope that helps a little!

You can do this! Keep shakin'!! :exercise:
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby DogMa » October 7th, 2006, 4:30 pm

I start cleaning. Or find some other household project I can get engrossed in.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Arklahoma » October 7th, 2006, 5:11 pm

I usually start scouring the boards, reading/posting. Hope the cravings past!!!
Arklahoma

Postby bdg » October 7th, 2006, 6:03 pm

As they all mentioned the best thing is to tear yourself away from what is causing it. The boredom. Do anything to distract yourself, write in a journal, shop, drink some tea at starbucks, read a book, clean, whatever takes you out of it is a good idea. Novel idea, but exercise. Go ride a bike or take another walk with a friend or something else. I know I am late, but I hope this helps and keeps you from possibly cheating in the future.
Start date: April 8, 2006
bdg
Preferred Member - #190 Club

Postby Allie » October 7th, 2006, 10:11 pm

I made it through the chips craving. I walked down to the park with my book and read/people watched until my boyfriend called me to come home. Then we went for a 3 mile hike. We walked up hill for 50 min, turned around and walked down hill for 30 min.

Then we went to dinner at this cafe we keep hearing about and I ordered a house salad with grilled chicken and dressing on the side. I didn't realize that there were strawberries in the salad until it got there, and didn't want to make a big deal out of it, so I just ate around them.

Allie
If you always do what you have always done, you will always be where you have always been.
Allie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Sojourner » October 7th, 2006, 10:22 pm

Way to go Allie!!
You handled that so well, aren't you proud of yourself?
You should be, you really put those chips in their place, huh?!
Great job!

:bow:
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby bdg » October 8th, 2006, 5:57 am

Very good Allie! You did great and you overcame a major temptation! You should be extremely proud of yourself for doing what you really wanted and not what habit told you to do! Keep up the good work and that 20# club will be gone soon with the 30# club in it's place! :D
Start date: April 8, 2006
bdg

Postby Jen » October 8th, 2006, 7:50 am

Great job overcoming the temptation to cheat!

It seems like you are getting some great exercise in with all the walking/hiking. If this is a regular thing, I think drinking an extra shake would be fine.
Start date: 6/22/06 : 36 : 5'7" : 262/190/140
Jen

Return to Come on in.