Help!

Add your favorite recipes.

Help!

Postby dede4wd » March 25th, 2006, 8:49 pm

I have a friend who's a vegetarian (eats cheese, eggs & milk, just not anything that you have to kill an animal to get). What I'm interested in is 4 or 5 real-world L & G meals that she could do should she choose to start MF. I'm a meat and veggies girl, so I'm no help! Can anyone help me?

Many Thanks!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Joelie » March 25th, 2006, 9:02 pm

:wave: Veggie here! Does she still eat seafood?

My leans so far have been: low fat cottage cheese, omelets, bay scallops, salmon, boca burger.
She can also have morningstar burgers, tofu, low fat cheese, shrimp, fish, crab...any seafood, I believe.

I haven't had one singe L&G meal where I wasn't satisfied yet. It's almost too much food. :lol:

Hope this helps.
Joelie
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Thanks!

Postby dede4wd » March 25th, 2006, 9:35 pm

Thanks Joelie, I'll have to ask her if she eats seafood, but I don't think so!I guess what I'm looking for is a few full L & G meals to tell her about and get her excited...Like spinach & cheese omlette with 2 eggs, blah blah blah cheese, 1 1/2 cups of spinach. I guess I'm kind of trying to show her a little meal plan to let her know she can do it! I'm not the most creative L & G'er, so I'm having trouble with several ACTUAL meals she can make to make up her mind!

Thanks again!
DeDe
dede4wd

Postby Joelie » March 25th, 2006, 10:50 pm

Oooo...that spinach and cheese omelet sounds GREAT! I'll have to give it a whirl. I told you I wasn't very creative. :lol:

2 eggs or 1/2 to 1 cup of egg beaters (more food with the egg beaters ;)) sauted onions, green peppers, and mushrooms (1/2 cup mixed) and I sprinkle a little bit of low fat cheese on top. To get the rest of my green portion in I usually cut up a cups worth of tomato and saute them a bit in some garlic...I have it on the side.

If she likes tofu - I make kind of like a stir-fry that's pretty tasty.
1/2 block of firm tofu in bite sized pieces, 1 1/2 cups of squash, zucchini and tomato...I stir-fry this together in Pam and spray it with this roasted garlic spray I found at a local health food store...but I'm sure most health food places have it.

1 can of tuna (in water) on 2 cups of salad greens with 1/2 cup of cut up tomato and cucumber.

I like tuna and tomato together too. Will be experimenting with tuna stuffed tomato. Just need to fine tune it.

1 cup of low fat cottage cheese with black pepper and 1/2 cup of tomato.
(this doesn't sound much but is really pretty filling)

1 Boca Burger and 1 1/2 cups of steamed veggies. I had this tonight with broccoli and cauliflower...sprayed with a bit of "I can't believe it's not butter" and sprinkled with some garlic and herb Mrs. Dash.

Hope this helps.
Joelie

Postby Loribug » March 25th, 2006, 11:25 pm

All that stuff probably will sound good to her, probably what she eats already being a vegie
Loribug
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby saraak » March 26th, 2006, 10:06 am

Veggie Lasagna without noodles (eggplant takes place of noodles) Yum!!
saraak

Hi

Postby dede4wd » March 26th, 2006, 8:42 pm

Thanks for the ideas! I'm gonna pass them on and see what she thinks. I really appreciate the ideas! I'm gonna try a couple of these myself!

Thanks again!
DeDe
dede4wd

Return to Lean Cuisine