Help

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Help

Postby For-Me » April 2nd, 2005, 5:59 pm

I started MF a few weeks and got through the first 3 days suprisingly well but went off it the fourth day - daughter's birthday, this excuse, that excuse... and decided to get psyched to begin the first Sunday in April... tomorrow. Help. How can I not get derailed again? I have a 25 day supply and on hand and 50lbs to lose. Please... please... I need firm support.
For-Me

Postby scrabbler7 » April 2nd, 2005, 7:07 pm

Hi For-Me

Glad to see you joined us. Seems like you did very well the last time ... making it through the first 3 days is sometimes the hard part ... but you did just fine. Since your digression from plan centered around a family function - and those are invariably full of forbidden foods, it makes sense.

Since you've already chosen your "restart" date, just make sure that you do not have any big food events in those first few critical days. It takes your body about 3 days to adjust ... it takes your mind a lot longer. Try and stay away from family dinners or eating out that first week or two until you are better able to handle those situations.

Once your mind gets used to a new food schedule (i.e. one that doesn't include eating every time you pass by the kitchen :mrgreen: ), you will see that the program gets easier.

Keep coming to the forum - read all you can and tell yourself you can do it .. because YOU CAN!

Good luck!
scrabbler7
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Guest » April 2nd, 2005, 9:14 pm

Everyone has their own reasons for staying on the plan or falling off the plan. You have to decide whether you REALLY want to lose that 50 pounds or not..........do you want to lose the weight more than you want to eat all the things that put the 50 pounds on your body in the first place?

I can't tell you exactily how to resist all temptation. I can however tell you what keeps both my wife and I on the plan. Believe me........we have been tempted MANY times since starting Medifast almost three weeks ago. .......by the way, those first three or four days are indeed the hardest to get through and I would think that a lot of people have given in during this time period.

If you can get through a full week on plan with absolutely NO cheating, I believe you will begin to see results on the scale.........good results.

For us, each pound we lose is additional motivation to STAY ON THE PLAN. We do not want to backslide and gain back any of the flab we worked so hard to lose just for a few minutes of tingling taste buds. Does this mean we don't want a large pizza or a great big order of fries........or chips or burgers or spaghetti and meat balls..........or a few beers with our friends? Heck no..........we want them all the time......but ......we don't have them.

Every time we get told by our friends that we look like we are losing weight.......or every time we realize that we just plain feel better.........or every time we can fit into some clothes we thought we could never wear again......it makes it that much easier for us to stay on plan and resist temptation.

So........I guess my point is that you have to find what the best reasons for you to stick to the plan are, and think about those reasons whenever you are tempted by the foods that got you in trouble in the first place.

Take a piece of paper and draw a line down the middle........on the left, write all the reasons you should cheat on the Medifast plan, on the rigt, jot down all the reasons you should follow the Medifast plan.

Compare the lists. Whichever list is the longest, well then that is what you should do. If you decide to stick with the plan and then are tempted for whatever reason to eat something outside the plan..........think about your list, go over the reasons you want to lose the weight. Is that food you are thinking of eating worth giving up all the things you want to accomplish.......and will accomplish.......if you stick to plan?

Good luck! I hope you make it this time............as I said, the first few days are the worst. Why go through them more than once?

Dean

Postby Dean0408 » April 2nd, 2005, 9:17 pm

darn .........forgot to log in for the above post. Is my face red or what? :oops:
Dean0408
Preferred Member - #40 Club

AMEN!

Postby LilMsTexas » April 3rd, 2005, 5:25 am

Dean I couldn't have said it better myself :) I also had a birthday party...my baby son's first birthday party...and that was during my second week. We had TWO parties for him...both with cake and ice cream...and I didn't even lick the knife from cutting the cake!! It was an absolute TOTAL VICTORY for me mentally. There is NOTHING like leaving an "occasion" without cheating. Everyone around me was continually saying "I don't see how you resist this temptation". It sucks is what it does...but when it's over...and the day is done...WOW!!

Give yourself opportunities to succeed and see how THAT feels! You'll never want to go back!!
CHEERS!
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby dlr2424 » April 3rd, 2005, 8:41 am

DITTO....DITTO....DITTO
When we want something bad enough we do WHATEVER IT TAKES to achieve it....... :yes: ...It is in the sweat & tears... :tears: ...& persevering that make our goals become such victories.....instant gratification isn't nearly appreciated or valued like delayed gratification.....YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Thank you!

Postby For-Me » April 3rd, 2005, 10:13 am

Thank you for your great support! I am printing them out and will keep in my back pocket...
For-Me

Postby Spunky » April 3rd, 2005, 1:46 pm

Hey For-Me, how is it going today? I just wanted to let you know that I have been on the program for about 5 weeks and have lost 25 pounds.

This last week I chose to go off the plan and gained 5 pounds. I don't feel bad about it because it was my choice to enjoy my company that came to stay with me for a week. The reason I am telling you this is because you can get right back on the plan and loose weight.

It is all about choices! Yes, I agree with the gang, that it is easier to stick with the plan and continue to loose. I will survive, I will meet my goal because I want it more than anything. Yes I lost a week and it will be tough going for the next week but it will be done and you can do it also.

I hope that you get your goals set and stick to the program. God Bless
Happy Trails Y'all......... Spunky

258/238/148healthy
Spunky
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby raederle » April 3rd, 2005, 2:03 pm

I agree with Spunky... I derailed myself for a couple of weeks after a Vegas trip, gained a few pounds, but got back on the wagon and eventually made it all the way to goal. Everyone makes mistakes and has a few false starts or screw-ups... it's not a big deal, though, if you don't let it become a big deal-- just pick yourself up and keep on going! Consider it a pause, not a full stop. Don't worry; we've all been there, and we'll help you get back up and stay up! :mrgreen:
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Thanks!

Postby For-Me » April 3rd, 2005, 2:14 pm

Today is going splendidly.... thanks, again, to everyone's help.
For-Me

Postby Mrsshrinkinglady » April 3rd, 2005, 9:08 pm

For-Me,
Glad to hear that today was a great day for you!!
I LOVE your name and think it is just perfect!!
We all need to do this for our own health and well-being, and your nicname says it all!
God Bless,
Shrink aka Mary
Mrsshrinkinglady
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Return to Come on in.