Help!

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

Help!

Postby gevalia » July 16th, 2008, 6:16 pm

Today is my first day on medifast. I woke up this morning and had the blueberry oatmeal, then I had a tropical punch drink, then a bar and chicken and wild rice soup. Then it was time for my lean and green meal. I cooked up some chicken breast with zucchini and onion and ate it with a salad made of romaine lettuce, raw shredded carrot, cucumber slices and green onions.

After I was done I went to the mymedifast page to calculate my calories so far and I'm getting the impression that onions and carrots are not allowed! I've already eaten it! With the banana shake I'll be having later, that means I have consumed a little over 900 calories. I wanted to stick to around 800!

Are onions off limits?
gevalia

Postby rodeomom » July 16th, 2008, 6:31 pm

There is no need to panic here. We all make innocent mistakes when getting started on the plan. I think your calorie intake is just fine at 900. Don't cut yourself too short or your body will not respond the way you are hoping. If you don't feed your body it will rebel and hold on to the fat instead of releasing it. You should be looking more at carb/sugar intake at this point anyway. Carrots are definately off limits because of the natural sugars. I think green onions are allowed in moderation. I know they made a change and I can't remember if they were aloud then and are not now or the other way around.

Being worried about something like that is a good sign. It means that you are serious about this plan and are really wanting to do it right. Be sure to read and follow your Quick Start Guide. If it isn't in the "allowed" section then it isn't allowed.

So far so good! Keep up the good work.
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby gevalia » July 16th, 2008, 7:57 pm

I'm glad to hear I've no reason to panic too much. I'd been taking my fellow MF's advice (the girl next door) instead of reading the book and I thought I had done so well cooking up a lean and green meal... I feel really discouraged because this is only my first day!
gevalia

Postby Mike » July 16th, 2008, 8:36 pm

No need to fret too much... sometimes these things happen. The best thing I would suggest is to, as Bren said... read the Quick Start Guide. Then, use the pages in the Quick Start Guide (you can also download them from the website) that have the Lean and the Green information. You can also download the meatless options page. This is good to do so you can keep familiarized with the acceptable veggies and what and how much of the lean options you can have.

Carrots are not allowed (think starchy = bad). Regular onions were removed about a year ago, but green onions are still okay.

Keep it up, you will be fine.
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to What's Shakin'