HELP

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

HELP

Postby fairladyj » February 28th, 2007, 11:21 am

Hi -
I have been on MF since 1/2/07. During the 1st month, I lost 14 lbs with no problems. During the 2nd month, I had 3 weeks where I did not have enough product, but pretty much stayed the same weight.

However - I have been 100% compliant now for 6 days, and the scale is not budging. I have a history of slow metabolism (no thyroid problem) and difficult weight loss. I have also reached a weight that I was at for a really long time. Any suggestions for how to get unstuck? I have increased water - no change.

Trying to stay motivated. . .
Jennifer in Michigan

If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!
fairladyj
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Amber » February 28th, 2007, 11:41 am

I was griping to my five year old this morning that I didn't think spring would ever arrive... She told me "Be patient, Mom, spring always comes!"
I think that her sage five year old advise is sound, Jennifer. Be patient, stay compliant- the weight WILL leave!
How much water are you drinking? Sometimes laying off the bars can help. Sometimes, counterintuitively, adding an extra shake can help. So many bodies, so many variables... Sorry, no firm answers!
Keep shaking, hang in, & wait for spring~

:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:
Amber

Goal Met November 1, 2006
#44, 23 weeks
Amber
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Mike » February 28th, 2007, 12:19 pm

There could be a number of factors. As mentioned, water, which you have increased. You could change the supplements around if you have been having them the same way everyday. Switch the bar to a regular supplement. If you are eating your last supplement too early (the last and the next days first should be 10 hours or less between), then try to spread the meals out more (your body may be going into a mini starvation mode at night and not allowing for weight loss).
Be aware of your sodium intake with the L&G, sometimes that can affect things.
I hope these ideas help. :mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

HELP

Postby fairladyj » February 28th, 2007, 12:30 pm

Thanks, Mike

Wasn't aware of the "less than 10 hrs at nite" thing - I usually have my last about 8 pm, then breakfast around 7AM. Will try that for a few days and see if it helps.

Glad to hear the voice of experience :)
Jennifer in Michigan

fairladyj

Postby Mike » February 28th, 2007, 12:47 pm

The 10 hours thing isn't a rule, its just something I try to go by. I have found that it helps to not have so much time between the last and the next days first. Your body repairs itself at night, so fueling it is important. I usually have something between 9 and 10, but others have been very successful without following this idea too. Just something to consider.

BTW... the mouse is hovering over the 20# club ready to click you in. :mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

HELP

Postby fairladyj » February 28th, 2007, 12:55 pm

Okay - those little guys :toast: better be drinking MF - if it was beer, it might be way too tempting right now, given the week I'm having :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jennifer in Michigan

fairladyj

Postby TheShadow » February 28th, 2007, 1:30 pm

Sorry if this is too personal...but could you be on the verge of a visit from TOM?? Maybe you're just a little bloaty?? Hang in there sister, we know it works, so keep on shaking. Sometimes right after a plateau, you get a big drop!!
TheShadow
TheShadow
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Re: HELP

Postby Mike » February 28th, 2007, 2:09 pm

fairladyj wrote:Okay - those little guys :toast: better be drinking MF - if it was beer, it might be way too tempting right now, given the week I'm having :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's MF Tropical Punch mixed with SF lemonade of course ;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

Mike

HELP

Postby fairladyj » February 28th, 2007, 2:30 pm

Mike, you can stick your fingers in your ears and go "LALALALALA" for a while - of course, you're reading so just :hide:

Shadow - 10 years ago, that might have been a possibility :lol: geez, I'd almost forgotten how much fun THAT was :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the support, anywho :D
Jennifer in Michigan

fairladyj

Return to The Weight Room