Hello

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Hello

Postby Alison » March 23rd, 2004, 5:01 pm

Well, here I am armed with a one month supply of shakes. Tomorrow I will start. I hope they taste ok. I am a bit nervous about this because I really feel that it is vitally important for me to learn how to control my eating. I am one of those eat nothing and then eat everything types. Ughh!! I just don'y want to think about everything I put in my mouth for a while. That is why I opted for the full fast. I really don't trust myself with the one meal yet. I will get there I hope. I am mostly scared about controlling myself as I incorporate food. One step at a time right! I check back in every week when I weigh myself. BTW, I'm Alison, I'm 33 and married and want to lose about 40 lbs. I just moved from east coast to the west and am currently not working which unfortunately leaves me with a lot of free time with the frig!! Wish me luck for tomorrow. Thanks.
Alison
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby Landylue » March 23rd, 2004, 5:54 pm

Well, hello, Alison! Welcome to the group. I applaud your decision to become 'a purist' as Mike calls the ones of us on the full fast. To me it's the absolute easiest way. You can truly turn your back on food altogether until you lose as much as you want. Just don't take that first bite! And yes, one bite WILL hurt.

Most of us have no complaints whatsoever with the way Medifast tastes. Check out the receipes, if you want variation, but, don't worry, it's good stuff.

Here's wishing you the best.

You'll find that this support group will be very important during this trip.

Stay in touch.

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Whodini64 » March 23rd, 2004, 10:34 pm

Hi Alison!

I am new here too... my 1st day will be Friday. I can totally relate to not wanting to think about food at all, so it's Full Fast for me too. I have tasted a few of the shakes, as well as the hot cocoa, and while they weren't gourmet, they were good. I am looking forward to the variety of flavors that some have written about... using diet soft drinks and sugar-free syrups. Also the boullion and SF Jello for those moments when I just need flavor... but not a "meal".

This board, and all of the great people here, will help both of us to become "losers" just like them! Keep posting, I will look forward to hearing from you! :puter:

Danee
Whodini64

HELLO

Postby 1CENT » March 24th, 2004, 6:55 am

HELLO ALLISON,

I TOO, AM FAIRLY NEW TO THIS, AND THE DUTCH CHOCOLATE SHAKES ARE THE BEST!! LIKE HAVING 6 RICH CHOCOLATEY MILKSHAKES A DAY!! :D
I HAVE LOST 11 LBS. IN 16 DAYS, CAN YOU NAME any OTHER PROGRAM THAT WOULD ALLOW YOU TO DO THAT??

THE FIRST FEW DAYS ARE TOUGH, JUST DON'T BE TOO TOUGH ON YOURSELF :x ...STICK W/THE PLAN AND IT'S OK IF YOU FEEL GROUCHY AND MEAN FOR A DAY OR TWO.....IT will GO AWAY! :) :)
1CENT
1CENT

Postby Starloser63 » March 24th, 2004, 6:58 am

Hi Allison,

Welcome, to the group. I wish you all the best today as you start your journey of weight loss. Don't be surprised if you need to check in with us more than once a week. We are great support group. If things get tough signon in and read some old posts or give a shout and someone is always here.

Again welcome to the group and good luck today

HAPPY SHAKING :toast:

Hugs,
Susan
Through Christ all things all possible.
Susan F
246/216/150
3/23/04 2nd x
First Goal 199
Starloser63
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Carrie » March 24th, 2004, 8:52 am

Hi Alison! :wave:

Be prepared to have a rough time the first 2-3 days. It's just a fact of life. I was a snarling lunatic the first 2 days and then settled in after that. Once you get the physical hunger under control, you can start to work on your 'emotional' hunger, which is for most of us, the hard part.

This program works. Commit to following your plan, and come here for support.

Best of luck,
Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Jims Chick » March 24th, 2004, 9:21 am

Hi Allison :wave:

Glad you're joining us!
Julie
"I can do all things through Christ"

Start Date: January 10, 2004
243.5 / 218 / 140
25.5 pounds gone forever
Jims Chick
Regular Member - #20 Club

Thanks

Postby Alison » March 24th, 2004, 10:25 am

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I tried my first shake this morning (vanilla). It's not bad! A little grainy but I think I'll try using the blender w/ice next time. The weird thing is they are really filling. Tell you the truth, the last few days I have been eating a HUGE amount of food (anticipating the diet) and I thought I was really going to feel starved but that shake really was filling. My biggest problem now is getting over my chewing addiction. A few years ago I quit smoking and sort of substituted that w/chewing gum. Wads of it!! So now no more. I know I can have 5 pieces a day but believe me it will turn into 5 packs. I am just going to take deep breaths and lots of them!! I am excited though you all seem so nice and I know we can do this together. I really don't think people who have never been over weight understand this struggle. My husband is the only person who knows I am doing this and frankly he wants me to be happy but deep down doesn't understand why I don't stop eating when I'm full. Ugh!! Just doesn't get it.
Good luck to you all out there today as well.
Alison
Regular Member - #30 Club

Re: Thanks

Postby explorthis » March 24th, 2004, 12:10 pm

Alison wrote:A little grainy but I think I'll try using the blender w/ice next time. The weird thing is they are really filling.

Alison... Welcome. If the shake is grainy, your not mixing it well enough. Pour the water in first, then pour the packet in. Shake, I mean shake it well. 30 secs was my shake time. If you use ice cold water, it tastes much better. I let it sit for 2-3 minutes after. (no ice) Once it "sat" it got thick. There should be no grainy-taste if its mixed well.

I won't wish you luck, there is no luck involved, just pure weight loss if you are faithful - I PROMISE!

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Return to Come on in.