Hello!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Hello!

Postby Aussiegirl » January 19th, 2005, 12:38 am

Hello!
I'm new. I'm starting on Optifast next Monday, with my husband. I'm 36, and 135 kgs (270 pounds I think, approximatley). He's almost 40, but doesn't weigh quite as much as me, but still needs to loose.
I have tried everything, even getting my stomach banded. I managed to get around that and ended up being sick everyday (yuck, sorry). After 4 years I had the band removed last Sept.
My main reason for desperately needing to loose weight, apart from the obvious, is that we have been trying to concieve for 18 months, in which time I have had 2 miscarriages,and feel that time is running out (we have no children and I am totally obsessed about it).
As with probably most of you ( I havn't read all the posts yet), I have struggled with my weight all my life. When I was 20 I got from 110 kgs (220 lbs) to 78kgs (156 lbs), which was the smallest I have ever been. It's all been up hill since then... :(
So, I am hoping that Optfast will work for me (I think it's the same as medifast in the US, except that it has less selenium and can therefore be sold over the counter at a chemist)
One thing though, you guys seem to mention that you can eat vegies on your intensive plan, is that right? I don't know if we can do that. Another difference over here is that although suggested, we don't Have to be supervised while fasting on Optifast. I will, however be going to my doctor.
Anyway, thanks for listening to me blah blah blah,
:D Gabby
Aussiegirl
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby Nancy » January 19th, 2005, 1:35 am

Hello and Howdy, Gabby ~

After you have a while to check out the FAQs and a few postings, you'll have a better idea about the similarities and differences between Medifast and Optifast. For the most part, Medifast is soy-based protein However, we do have some whey-based products.

Use the little "Search" button located at the top of the page.

As fat is released, more estrogen is released into the bloodstream, which can affect a woman's fertility. There's an incentive for you, Gabby to stick to your program and not to cheat.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Aussiegirl » January 20th, 2005, 12:36 am

I just went to a weight conversion site. I am actually 297 lbs!!! Oh dear :cry:
Aussiegirl
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby Nancy » January 20th, 2005, 1:07 am

Aren't you :lol: that you are getting a handle on your health? Very soon you will slide under the '90's and then the 80's, etc. With every shake you drink, you will get healthier and happier!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Triskets » January 21st, 2005, 10:10 am

Gabby - Congrats on your decision to get serious about getting rid of the excess weight!
One thing that helped me was Mike (Explorthis) said just "Get it Done" once and for all. I printed out "Get it done" in large letters and have the message taped all over my house along with before pictures of me in my underwear taped to the fridge. I wrote on the pictures "Do you want to continue looking like this?!?!?". Both have been wonderful motivation to help me stay on track. Also, this website is SOOOO supportive!

Good Luck to you and be sure to look in the Weight Loss/Rollcall thread where on Sunday we post our weight lose for the week. It's encouraging to see how others have done.

Look forward to talking to you later!
Trish
Trish
Pound by pound my weight is coming down!
Start over 2/9/2008
268/252
Triskets
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Return to Come on in.