Hello

Post your before/after pictures here.
Clothing required...:)

Hello

Postby albee414 » November 29th, 2004, 12:23 pm

Hello everyone,

I just started medifast today and i am excited about it from hearing all the positve results from this forum..i have to lose well over 100lbs i have done it before and i know i can do it again but this time it will stay off..

All the best,
Al
albee414

Postby LongWay2go » November 29th, 2004, 12:36 pm

Hey Al, terrific photo! Speaking for Mike, Unca Tim and myself, it's nice to have another guy on the board! Welcome!

~Gerald
08/06/2004
on hiatus until "Vic the Vac" goes away!

WARNING: Don't try this at home, kids...
Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby Nancy » November 29th, 2004, 12:43 pm

Al,

Your fiancee will be seeing a whole lot less of you very soon!
You are a handsome man and we want to help you to reach a healthy weight so that you will have many years of healthiness and happiness to enjoy life.

Okie dokie, Forum Friends, let's :buddies: raise our Shaker Jars and drink to Al's Medifast success! :toast:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » November 29th, 2004, 3:21 pm

Welcome aboard Al,
Glad to meet you. You can help us keep these ladies in line.
:)

Let us know if you need anything,
Unca
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby explorthis » November 29th, 2004, 3:58 pm

AL!!!

Pleasure to meet you. Glad your here, and look forward to hearing a lot from you. We are glad to help. I lost about 110 pounds on Medifast, close to a year ago, and I know you can also!! Gerald is right, nice to have another guy on board, not that too many Women is too much EVER!!! I live in a house full, and we know who runs the show!!! ;)

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Guest » November 29th, 2004, 6:06 pm

hey mike and gerald

thanks alot guys for your support....mike how did you find the medifast diet?..easy?...hard?...what do you guys seem to snack on?...i just had some bullion its pretty good....mike i went to go to look at your before and after pics and nothing is comming up...anyways...its good to know you guys are there for support

all the best,
Al

Postby explorthis » November 29th, 2004, 7:52 pm

mike how did you find the medifast diet?..easy?...hard?...

Define easy, or hard… Fat boy my entire life, of course it was hard. (At first) When you have the mentality of a 3 big-mac lunch, then go straight to 500 calories of Medifast all in one day, you have a little to get used to. After a short while (real first time in my life) it actually became easier. Once the weight began to fall off, and I mean fall off (.92 pounds a day) it was all down hill (well almost). You will get used to it I promise.

Advice: take heed: DO NOT CHEAT – not even once. Once you deviate, you allow more and more, and then it is next to impossible to restart… Stick with it!!

Sorry about the pics, I lost them in the ISP shuffle. I re-posted some others I had in the wings – you get the same idea!!!

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » November 29th, 2004, 8:44 pm

Welcome to Day 1 Al!!!

Great start with posting a picture and everything!!! It is good to have another guy here! You two make a good looking couple. Like you said in an earlier post, eating 6 times a day makes the plan a lot easier than other diets I've tried. Mike's advice is priceless as to not cheating. If you stick with it, you'll lose so quickly you won't EVEN believe it! Keep your eye on the prize and you'll be there before you know it!

Hang in there!
Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby shineface » December 2nd, 2004, 1:18 pm

Hey Al---

Nice picture - cute couple!

Listen to everything everyone else has said ESPECIALLY - DO NOT CHEAT - IT IS SO TOUGH TO GET BACK IN THE GROOVE WHEN YOU DEVIATE --- STAY TRUE AND YOU WILL SEE AMAZING RESULTS -- ABSOLUTELY!!!!! GO FOR IT!!!!

WE WILL DO THIS TOGETHER!!! :stroll:
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Nite Izes » December 3rd, 2004, 1:09 am

Hello Al, my fellow New Yawker. Great to see you here. I had pics here, showing my before and after, but the site I had it on went down and now I need to up to another site for my photos. I have lost a lot of weight and feeling good all over. I was superb obese with a BMI= 55.4, weighing in 303 lbs and being only 5'2". I am now less than 235 lbs. I am one that hit a few plateaus along the way, but it kickstarts again and as the doc says it means your body is resting and adjusting to the new body shift. I use the scale at my doc office as the offical weight and an update will be done very soon.

One of the greatest thing for me has been that my extremely large girth is almost gone. I am planning to take another before and after photo that will be shown with me 12 months apart, here at the end of next month. Medifast has helped me alot and have trust in it, especially since my doctors approve it and I am happy to say that I have had no negative side effects as I keep losing weight.
(303)285/208/140
start date: 3/27/04
BMI=55.4 New BMI= 38.0
WT Loss= -95/-77
GOALS
√ 1st goal= 250 BMI= 45.7
√ 2nd goal=219 BMI= 39.9
3rd goal = 191 BMI= 34.9
4th goal = 163 BMI= 29.8
5th goal = 140 BMI= 25.6
Nite Izes
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » December 3rd, 2004, 1:25 am

Nite Izes,

Gosh, I am just so pleased for you! You have broken your goal into smaller manageable stepping stones, you've stayed on the path that leads to the prize.

It was good to hear from you and thank you for your encouraging note. Some of us need to know that the program is solid for the long-haul as well as for those who have fewer pounds to deal with.

You are amazing. Love the way you love yourself enough to not cave in to the unhealthy urges. :cleader: :cheerleader: :cheermed:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Studio