Hello

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Hello

Postby SuzyQ66 » February 20th, 2007, 12:51 pm

After several weeks of lurking, I finally got up the courage to join this forum and introduce myself. Hello...I started MF on January 29th and have lost so far 16.5 pounds. I am truly amazed at my progress. I was on Medifast years ago - like in 1990 - and now there are several more options other than just the shakes. The 5:1 is wonderful. I too, like so many of you, have been on a perpetual diet. I guess I just have a unhealthy relationship with food. This program is easy but the emotional turmoil can be sometimes difficult. I just came back from a 5 day business trip where I was surrounded by all types of food all hours of the day - yet I held firm and stuck to the plan. I even went one night eating romaine lettuce with chicken strips - dry because there wasn't any salad dressing that was legal. Serendipty/Jo - you were my inspiration :-P - if you could do it on a cruise - I could do this at this business function. However, this past weekend was terrible when it came to cravings - not that I was hungry, it was all in my head. I wanted Dorritoes and I don't really even eat Dorritoes even when I am not watching my weight...LOL!!! :x But I made it through - one day at a time. I think I was grieving food - I was so exhausted from the business trip and had a lot to catch up with at home. In times like these I would turn to food for consolation and I this time I was not able to do that. It was sad but at the same time liberating. But last night I dreamt about chocolate cake and pizza - what is the deal....LOL!!! March 1st my hubby and I will be going to San Francisco to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. We will be gone for four days and I have yet to decide if I will take a break from MF for the duration of the trip or continue to stay on program. If I choose to go off program - once I get back on there are no other upcoming events that should get in the way of me staying on program. That is a plus - but is that three day period worth going through?? :?: As the time draws near - I will make that decision - again, just taking things one day at time.
SuzyQ66
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby MusicalMomma » February 20th, 2007, 12:56 pm

Welcome SuzyQ! you're making great progress!!!! Keep up the good work :)
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby bikipatra » February 20th, 2007, 1:06 pm

Welcome!!! :D
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Serendipity » February 20th, 2007, 2:42 pm

Hi Suzy, Actually when you're on Medifast, it's easier to just pick up and go sight seeing. Grab a shake (RTD's are great for this....and bars) and you're good to go. I always had to wait for my hubby to stop and eat....what a drag, lol.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby DonicaB » February 20th, 2007, 4:34 pm

Welcome SuzyQ! It looks like you have a great start and a great attitude. Looking forward to sharing in your journey with you.

DonicaB :bananadance:
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby SuzyQ66 » February 21st, 2007, 10:18 am

Thanks everyone....I look forward to sharing my experience but I also look forward to sharing yours. I am also thrilled that I got my weight ticker to work....all the assistance you guys have provided on these boards has been amazingly helpful!!! THANK YOU!!!!
Sue
SuzyQ66

Postby katieb920 » February 21st, 2007, 10:59 am

Welcome Back SuzyQ. Great job on the weight loss so far.
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Jan » February 21st, 2007, 1:06 pm

Hi There SuzyQ
Hmmm to go off program for a few days or not... In my opinion...a learned one ;) ... gained from helping lots of people -- it is best not to go off program. :cry: There are two reasons for this. First of course is the fact that you'll need to go thru the first three days again Second -- for some reason it is very very difficult for some people to get re-started on program again. This is true if you have been compliant for a month or six months. I think it's a mind thing. I've seen it happen again and again. If you stay on program until you reach your optimal weight, you then go thru transistion and maintenance. This seems to be the very easiest way to part with the pounds and keep them off. You and your hubby can still enjoy that fabulous food in San Francisco. They have wonderful sea food... a great choice of sea food and a salad makes a wonderful meal!!
I've sat and had a nice cup of tea for breakfast (after my MF meal) while my family ate their breakfast. It's very very doable.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby SuzyQ66 » February 21st, 2007, 2:10 pm

Thanks Jan...you are totally right. I really am starting to lean towards staying on program - at least I feel that way today. Had you asked me a couple of days ago, I would have told you differently since the cravings were really strong. I have this dumb thing going on in my head...if I can hit the 20lb loss mark then I will stay on program - if not I will go off program. Do not ask me how I cam up with that...it's pretty stupid. It's dumb how we try to rationalize all of this. But the more I think about it - those three days trying to get back on program would be awful...and my L/G each day in San Fran will be great. Thank you so much for your encouragement.
Sue
SuzyQ66

Postby Porky34 » February 21st, 2007, 3:45 pm

Hi Sue....you ARE doing super!!! I want to get to the point where i can post my 16.5 weight loss:+)...it'll come! Keep on
truck'n girl!...and welcome!!

Love,
Chynna
Porky34

Return to Come on in.