Hello Hello!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Hello Hello!

Postby bikipatra » April 2nd, 2005, 10:11 pm

I have been around for a few weeks but wanted to officially introduce myself. I am a 33 year old housewife in Washington DC. I spent most of my teenage years and adulthood weighing between 117-125 pounds. I was a workaholic before I got married and didn't eat properly-relying on coffee and cigarettes too often to get me through. I was also sober in Alcoholics Anonymous. Five years ago I relapsed and with the alcohol intake I slowly (at first) began to put on weight. Within a year and a half weighed 150 pounds. I struggled with my alcohol problem and was put on a variety of psycotropic medications known to promote weight gain.I stopped working and sat at home all day. In three months I gained 40 pounds. So I was pushing 200 lbs. I gained approximately 20 lbs a year over the next two years. Partly due to alcoholic binges and inactivity. And, well, I have to blame <snip></snip>!TOO!!! Gawd I can eat me some <snip></snip>! The large sized lasagnas, the mac and cheese...you get the idea. I am only unique in that I never TRIED to lose weight. I just ignored my ever increasing figure. Then I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes just days after my 33 birthday in March, just last month. I have a strong family history of the disease and it has caused death, blindness and amputations in my relatives. I knew I had to do something. I discovered MF for Diabetics on the internet and gave it a try. I started March 12 and was on the plan for 5 days losing 9 pounds. I went off the diet for two weeks and started again March 30. So far I have lost 5 pounds in 4 days. I love having this forum to come to for support!
<comment>no brand names please - Mr. Snippy</comment>

234/220
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby doglover » April 3rd, 2005, 5:08 am

Well, a warm welcome to you bikipatra :hug:
This can be the place that you succeed. This can and will be the place that you get support and control of your weight. Thank you for sharing this very personal story and thank you for sharing your journey with the rest of us.
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Welcome

Postby LilMsTexas » April 3rd, 2005, 5:31 am

Hey Biki,
I've "talked" with you before about the diabetes and being on the plan so I won't go back into all of that. The only thing I can say is that I am only about 35-40 miles further south from you in Stafford Co. Soooooooooo me and you and Raederle should get together sometime for a victory shopping celebration!!
Have a great week and stay strong..one day at a time don't ya know. I have been working with people in addiction AND recovery for some 10 years now. YOU CAN DO IT!!! And prick prick prick your fingers. I want to know what your levels are on the diabetic forum. I'll be looking for you there :D
CHEERS!
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby bikipatra » April 3rd, 2005, 6:27 am

well Ms.Texas we have a lot in common! I sent you a private message about being from Texas because I am from Texas too! I go to the doctor tomorrow so I will update you on my levels. I don't have a home glucose monitor yet because I was just diagnosed last month in the hospital. I will get one this week though.
bikipatra

Postby dlr2424 » April 3rd, 2005, 8:51 am

Biki....welcome...and thank you for sharing your story....you have been thru many roller coaster rides in life....ask God for the strength to conquer each day, hour, minute...whatever you need HIM for He is there....LilMs will be a great support with the Diabetes, as well as others here...my many prayers go out to you for continued strength in any area you need......May God bless you always... :heart:

Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Come on in.