Hello Hello!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Hello Hello!

Postby smartiegrrl » September 21st, 2004, 4:53 pm

Sorry I haven't been on much lately. I've just been a lot busier. We've been out of town a lot on the weekends. Plus, I'm looking for a new contract and we're getting set to move in a month. Busy, busy! I'm still checking into read - but I'm sorry I can't post as much encoragement as I would like to. :D

Things are going well on the MF front. I'm *finally* over the 20lbs mark. I was pretty much at the 209 plateau for most of last week. I'm at the annoying point between two sizes. I've been wearing a lot of skirts and yoga pants. ;D

For reaching my 20lb minigoal I went out and bought myself a new *hardcover* book and the latest copy of "Foreign Affairs". LOL I'm a geek. I consider a $9 political science journal a total treat.

Ok I can't deal with the RTDs - I've decided they taste too much like milk. My new thing is just to prepare a packet or two and put it in a thermos. I'm getting the hang of traveling on short trips with MF. w00t!

I just finished booking our trip to Europe over Thanksgiving. I've decided that I'll stay on MF until the trip and then maintain whatever weight I happen to be until the first part of the year. Can you believe its almost October already?

keep slurpin' and slimmin'

sg

:goteam:
~sg

(6/26/06) 230/225/130
smartiegrrl
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby DutchChoc » September 21st, 2004, 8:14 pm

Hey, smartiegirl! Thanks for the news and here's to you for getting yourself something special to celebrate your 20# victory. :toast:

Must be great having a trip like that to look forward to!! Another two months will bring its rewards by then, too.

I'm doing OK with my RTDs except that I miss the volume I can get by the blender method. Like you, I've found it satisfactory to travel with the packets and then what I do differently is that I carry water separately. Usually some water in shaker bottle and then another batch of water in another bottle. I have one of those rather common (these days) thermal zip bags for all my MF/daily work food stuff -- usually a couple of caffeine-free diet Cokes and then the two waters and packets. I'm using mostly RTDs at work now, but always one packet because I find I do like it more. Still, "saving the money" while the sale is on makes it worth it to me.

Take care and I'll keep slurpin' if you do. ;)
Ending weight MF 10/2004: 126
Starting weight 12/1/08: 168 :-(
Loss December: -7/-0
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby smartiegrrl » September 22nd, 2004, 7:50 am

Yeah the other thing I've done is get some ice and water in a cup from a gas station/convenience store and mix the shake in that. Then I can just toss out the cup.
~sg

(6/26/06) 230/225/130
smartiegrrl
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby DutchChoc » September 22nd, 2004, 8:35 am

Yup, that definitely works, too. I'm glad I've been willing to make what I would traditionally have to call "sacrifices" in order to keep rolling with this program. Surprised, too! I guess the zero temptations works for me - no decisions, no do-I-want-this-or-that for my little brain to make itself sick over.
Ending weight MF 10/2004: 126
Starting weight 12/1/08: 168 :-(
Loss December: -7/-0
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Return to The Weight Room