Hello from the UK

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Hello from the UK

Postby vito » January 10th, 2008, 6:53 am

Hello

I have been reading through the various threads and there’s a great wealth of information.

I’m a 25 year old male in the UK and weigh just short of 230 pounds.

I want to place an order for Medifast but I’m not sure what to get, where do I start.

I think this schedule might work well,

6.30am shake
10am shake
1pm bar
5pm shake
8pm meat/green dinner

1) I tend to eat out sometimes can I still do this depending on what I eat?
2) Is it easy to make the shakes whilst at work?
3) Can I buy the medifast supplements of eBay, as I’m not sure I can get them in the UK?

Thanks for your help.
vito

Postby KellyC » January 10th, 2008, 7:42 am

Hi, welcome :)

For shipping to the UK, I honestly don't know about that. Being in Canada, I have to be a little creative myself to get my Medifast shipments. Having great Health Advisors helps.

For a first order, try a variety of the meals.. it will surprise you what you like and don't like. Personally I don't like normal chicken noodle soup, but the medifast chicken noodle is by far my favorite medifast meal.

Your schedule looks ok, but a little bit long in the morning between your 1st and 2nd meals. Meals should be between 2-3 hours apart.

1. Yes. It is easiest if you know in advance where you are going so you can plan what you will have. If you walk in knowing what you want, you won't have to tempt yourself by looking all through a menu. ;)

2. The shake are pretty easy to make anywhere. You can buy ready to drink shakes in choco and vanilla. I hardly use the powdered shakes anymore unless I'm home, but whilst out, they are easy to mix: take a 500ml bottle of water, drink half, pour in the powder, shake and drink. Easy and no measuring.. and nothing to wash up afterwards, just toss the bottle in the recycling. :)

3. I've bought and sold meals on ebay with no problems. There are often MF auctions. I've also had very very positive experiences with trading and buying from people off of this site. Everyone I have encountered has been very kind and very honest.

Good luck to you. :)
KellyC
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Mike » January 10th, 2008, 9:17 am

Hello and welcome.

I will leave the non-TSFL and Medifast questions to those who aren't HA's.

What I can say is that (as Kelly alluded to), you can order through TSFL and then have your HA ship it to you in the UK. I know that I have done that in the past (i.e., Kelly), and Nancy has done this for some of her clients who are in other countries.

I do know that you can ship directly to US military locations as well.

As Kelly suggested, a variety package is a good way to start and then you can decide if there are specific things that you like or dislike more than others.

Also, looking at your proposed schedule, you are missing 1 medifast meal in there. The program is either 6 medifast meals and no lean and green, or 5 medifast meals and the lean and green, so you will want to change things a bit.. perhaps another medimeal in the morning and then extend the meals you have a bit later in the evening. Its okay on this plan to eat your last medimeal within an hour of going to bed.

Hope all of this helps, and good luck.
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby vito » January 11th, 2008, 8:52 am

Hi Kelly :D

KellyC wrote:Hi, welcome :)
For shipping to the UK, I honestly don't know about that. Being in Canada, I have to be a little creative myself to get my Medifast shipments. Having great Health Advisors helps.

Where can I get myself a good health adviser? I think I could do with some encouragement as I go along.

KellyC wrote:For a first order, try a variety of the meals.. it will surprise you what you like and don't like. Personally I don't like normal chicken noodle soup, but the medifast chicken noodle is by far my favorite medifast meal.

I have to stick to either the vegetarian or kosher options. Is there a list of which foods are either of the two?

KellyC wrote:Your schedule looks ok, but a little bit long in the morning between your 1st and 2nd meals. Meals should be between 2-3 hours apart.

I leave for work at 7am, I suppose moving meals around a little may help. Do you have suggestions as when to have the main lean/green meal?

KellyC wrote:1. Yes. It is easiest if you know in advance where you are going so you can plan what you will have. If you walk in knowing what you want, you won't have to tempt yourself by looking all through a menu. ;)

I normally eat out once or even twice a week and do like my lamb chops oven grilled which should be ok.

KellyC wrote:2. The shake are pretty easy to make anywhere. You can buy ready to drink shakes in choco and vanilla. I hardly use the powdered shakes anymore unless I'm home, but whilst out, they are easy to mix: take a 500ml bottle of water, drink half, pour in the powder, shake and drink. Easy and no measuring.. and nothing to wash up afterwards, just toss the bottle in the recycling. :)

Great idea! thanks for the tip - I think the ready made ones may be a better option a bit like keeping those fruit smoothies in the fridge.

KellyC wrote:
3. I've bought and sold meals on ebay with no problems. There are often MF auctions. I've also had very very positive experiences with trading and buying from people off of this site. Everyone I have encountered has been very kind and very honest.

Thanks for your experiences in using eBay, its reassuring to know that the medifast products on their are the originals.

Thanks for your help Kelly :mrgreen:
vito

Postby Mike » January 11th, 2008, 10:00 am

vito wrote:Where can I get myself a good health adviser? I think I could do with some encouragement as I go along.

I sent you a PM yesterday. Let us know. :mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby KellyC » January 11th, 2008, 10:41 am

Mike & Di are my H.A.'s. They are great, very willing to help.

For Kosher, this was a worry for me too, though I only keep Kosher for Shabbos and on holidays.
You can find a full list of Kosher and Vegetarian on the medifast website, but I know the shakes, hot drinks, oatmeal, bars and puddings, also the creamy tomato soup are all Kosher dairy.

As Mike said, you're missing 1 meal in there.. you should be having 5 medifast meals + the 1 lean and green.
KellyC
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby lifelovinaries » January 11th, 2008, 2:50 pm

Hi Vito. Just my opinion here...(and what works for me):

Most of the time i try to get my L&G in during working hours, that way, i don't have a heavy meal at night. However, in the past week or two i have been eating it at dinner time (around 6pm). It allows me to sit down to dinner and actually EAT with my son. I am finding that doing it at dinner time also makes it easier to give him healthier options. Unfortunately, i really would prefer to have it in the afternoon. That is normally when i seem to be hungrier. Then again, it could be because my body got used to eating a heavier meal at around 12:30! Who knows. On this forum, i'm sure you would get many different answers. It really is trial and error and doing what feels best for you.

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries

Postby vito » January 17th, 2008, 5:16 am

Mike wrote:...Hope all of this helps, and good luck.

Hi Mike, Apologies for the late reply, my mother is having a new kitchen installed and its driving me insane.

Many thanks for your PM, I will respond to it shortly.

With regards to shipment to the UK, I can always have the HA ship directly to my UK address having purchased the items on my behalf.

I like the idea of eating later at night at least for my L+G meal as I can sit down with family.

Would this work:-

Option 1

6.30am > shake
9.30am > bar
12.30pm > shake
15.30pm > bar
19.00pm > shake
22.00 pm > meat/green dinner

Option 2

6.30am > shake
9.30am > bar
12.30pm > shake
15.30pm > bar
19.00 pm > meat/green dinner
22.00pm > shake

vito

Postby vito » January 17th, 2008, 5:25 am

KellyC wrote:Mike & Di are my H.A.'s. They are great, very willing to help.

For Kosher, this was a worry for me too, though I only keep Kosher for Shabbos and on holidays.
You can find a full list of Kosher and Vegetarian on the medifast website, but I know the shakes, hot drinks, oatmeal, bars and puddings, also the creamy tomato soup are all Kosher dairy.

As Mike said, you're missing 1 meal in there.. you should be having 5 medifast meals + the 1 lean and green.

Hi Kelly,

I've found the list, quite a selection there, thanks for the pointer.
vito

Postby vito » January 17th, 2008, 5:34 am

lifelovinaries wrote:Hi Vito. Just my opinion here...(and what works for me):

Most of the time i try to get my L&G in during working hours, that way, i don't have a heavy meal at night. However, in the past week or two i have been eating it at dinner time (around 6pm). It allows me to sit down to dinner and actually EAT with my son. I am finding that doing it at dinner time also makes it easier to give him healthier options. Unfortunately, i really would prefer to have it in the afternoon. That is normally when i seem to be hungrier. Then again, it could be because my body got used to eating a heavier meal at around 12:30! Who knows. On this forum, i'm sure you would get many different answers. It really is trial and error and doing what feels best for you.

Hi Erica,

I'm the same, I get very hungry when lunch approaches however I would like to leave my main L+G meal for the evening as I can sit with family and friends.
vito

Postby Serendipity » January 17th, 2008, 1:48 pm

vito wrote:
Mike wrote:...Hope all of this helps, and good luck.

Hi Mike, Apologies for the late reply, my mother is having a new kitchen installed and its driving me insane.

Many thanks for your PM, I will respond to it shortly.

With regards to shipment to the UK, I can always have the HA ship directly to my UK address having purchased the items on my behalf.

I like the idea of eating later at night at least for my L+G meal as I can sit down with family.

Would this work:-

Option 1

6.30am > shake
9.30am > bar
12.30pm > shake
15.30pm > bar
19.00pm > shake
22.00 pm > meat/green dinner

Option 2

6.30am > shake
9.30am > bar
12.30pm > shake
15.30pm > bar
19.00 pm > meat/green dinner
22.00pm > shake

Your timing looks good, but we're only supposed to have 1 bar per day because they're higher in carbs and calories than the other supplements. You may want to try the pudding or oatmeal, two of my favorites.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Mike » January 17th, 2008, 1:53 pm

Jo beat me to it. Maybe if the site hadn't been down I would have been faster. ;)

I have the oatmeal most mornings (sometimes I use the scrambled eggs or a shake instead).

Remember, 5 medimeals (only 1 being a bar) and 1 lean and green. Space the meals every 2 1/2 to 3 hours apart. Have 1 within an hour of getting up in the morning. You can have your last one within an hour of going to bed.
Keep the water intake high, its what will make this work.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

Mike

Postby vito » January 18th, 2008, 4:15 am

Thanks for all your help everyone!

Sorry to ask so many questions,

I think it may work well if I rotate the different types of Medifast options

Option 1

6.30am > scrambled eggs
9.30am > shake
12.30pm > soup (lunch)
15.30pm > bar
19.00pm > meat/green dinner