Hello from NJ :)

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Hello from NJ :)

Postby Michelle in NJ » August 9th, 2008, 6:28 pm

Hello all,

As you can see, I'm Michelle from Central NJ...and I've been lurking on this board for the past two weeks. You guys have helped me so much just by posting that I decided I should join and hopefully return some of the good karma.

As of this posting I am wrapping up my 11th day on MF. I honestly don't know if I would have made it if not for finding this board. I am a lifelong compulsive overeater and the first 6 days or so were sheer hell for me. I came back here again and again and just kept reading the posts. The posts, and The Studio, got me through. (Well, God gets all the credit but He works in mysterious ways, right?) But I also would end up going to bed early because I wanted to do nothing but eat and ended up crying myself to sleep. I'm grateful that I'm not the only one who endured that in the first few days of MF. Thank goodness that's a thing of the past, although the compulsion to eat still lurks in the background.

Right now I'm around a size 22-24 and I'd love to get down to a 12-14 or so on MF, then I'd like to get some plastic surgery done for any leftover loose skin, which I know I'll have. I honestly don't know how much I weigh right now as I have a very old digital scale that just keeps flashing "E" when I try to weigh myself, whatever that means....probably that I'm too heavy for the darned thing! :lol: I am large framed anyway so I'm not going too much by what the scale or even my BMI says, I am going to measure my progress mainly by how my clothes are fitting and how my health is improving. I figure I need to lose at least 100 lbs.

The great news is that clothes are already getting looser on me, and my neighbor commented that she can already see a difference in my face. So I know the weight is coming off and hopefully I've lost at least 5 lbs. by now. Slowly but surely I'm incorporating some mild exercise into my daily routine (I'm pretty sedentary), also drinking my water and taking the program a day at a time. But I never would have gotten through those first few days if it were not for all the posts here. I think I've read every post on this board by now!

I'd better stop this b4 it turns into a book... :lol: but I'm glad I decided to come out of hiding as I'm going to keep needing support as I go through this exciting journey. I hope I can support you guys as well. Thanks for reading, everyone! :D

Michelle in NJ :beerbeer:
Michelle in NJ

Postby Tawanda » August 9th, 2008, 8:04 pm

Welcome Michelle!
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Guest » August 9th, 2008, 8:37 pm

Hey Michelle, so glad your here!

Postby SharonR » August 9th, 2008, 8:39 pm

And that guest would be me...

Can you tell me why you don't have to sign in sometimes and other times you do?
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Postby Mike » August 9th, 2008, 9:52 pm

Welcome Michelle.

;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby katesmom » August 10th, 2008, 5:42 am

Welcome ! :D

Lean on us, as we are all learning about how to deal with food addictions....One shake at a time !

Toodles !
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
Can't wait to WIN this race !!
katesmom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby scarlet2507 » August 10th, 2008, 7:42 am

Howdy neighbor!

Thanks for leaving me a comment! You're going to do great! I'm on day 17, had a little rough start, but totally worth the rough start! Everyone is here for you, if you need anything. :)

Have a great day!

306.4/229.0/170
Started this MF journey on July 24, 2008!
scarlet2507
Regular Member - #40 Club

Postby nickieluv » August 10th, 2008, 9:05 am

Welcome! There is a wealth of information and support here, I'm glad you found us and I know you will help others, too - that's just the way this board works. While working out your own issues, you end up saying just the thing that someone else needed to hear. Glad you're feeling great!
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Return to Come on in.