HELLO EVERYONE

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

HELLO EVERYONE

Postby JAZZYTU » February 19th, 2004, 11:14 am

ITS BEEN A LONG TIME SINCE I POSTED LAST. SO MUCH HAS HAPPEN TO ME SINCE THEN. LET ME START ON THE GOOD NEWS. I'VE LOST A TOTAL OF 15.8LBS :lol: . THAT'S 35 MORE PONDS TO GO. THE BAD NEWS IS WHEN I STARTED THIS DIET BACK IN JANUARY. I SPOKE TO TERRY AND TOLD HIM I NEEEDED TO LOOSE ABOUT 50 POUNDS BEFORE I HAVE BACK SURGERY DONE. I WENT AND SAW MY DOCTOR FEBRUARY 5, HE SAID WHEN I COME BACK ON MARCH 8 HE WILL LET ME KNOW WHEN HE CAN PERFORM THE BACK SURGERY. I'M A LITTLE AFRAID BUT I HAVE BEEN PUTTING THIS OFF FOR ALMOST THREE YEARS. I WAS HOPING TO LOOSE THE FIFTY POUNDS BEFORE SURGERY. MY DOCTOR SAID THE LITTLE WEIGHT I HAVE LOST IS EXCELLANT.

I JUST WANTED TO VENT. EVERYBODY HANG IN THERE I KNOW THE WEIGHT WILL COME OFF. ALSO NANCY OR UNCA TIM I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW, BEING ON MEDIFAST BEFORE MY SURGERY WILL THIS HURT ME IN ANY WAY. PEACE OUT
START DATE:1/13/04
175/?/125
JAZZYTU
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby TamiL » February 21st, 2004, 4:21 pm

Hello jazzytu
Congrats on your weight loss so far....one thing that helps me to not get discouraged is something that Mike always says....WE DIDNT GET THIS WAY OVERNIGHT! its going to take some of us a while before we reach our goals..everyone is different! so everyone will loose at thier own pace! Having back surgery has to be scary...IM sure being on Medifast before your surgery is fine, Im no medical Doctor, but the program is considered HEALTHY by John Hopkins and others. also, after your surgery, Im sure it will be convienent for you to be able to SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE, instead of having to prepare food!! :-P

good luck..and keep us posted as to how you are doing!
Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » February 21st, 2004, 9:57 pm

Hello, JazzyTU ~

Welcome back, Kiddo. Be of good cheer! Back surgery can be a wonderful thing! My brother had back surgery a couple of years ago and he was so happy when he woke up in the recovery room he nearly kissed the Doc! His chronic pain was gone! Sure, he had pain at the site of the incision but the agonizing pain was totally gone.

My 79-year old Mom had her back fused Jan. 30th - C1, C2, C3 and she is doing really well. She must wera a corset-type brace 24/7 that is not particularly glamorous but it is temporary and it gives her support while the back heals. She felt grundy for a few days but she's goin' strong now! You will, too. Besides, you are skinnier now. :-)

You shouldn't have any trouble with your surgery - just be sure to keep yourself hydrated - prior to and after your surgery. Medifast has the tendency to dehydrate us somewhat.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to The Weight Room