Hello Everyone Its Me

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Hello Everyone Its Me

Postby butterpecan » April 22nd, 2004, 7:11 am

Hello all, its me butterpecan. I have been away for quite a while. I had lost a total of 20lbs and it took me about 6 weeks to do so. I was very disappointed with my loss also the fact that i was very constipated the whole time, (about 1bm a wk), anyway i started the program like jan 16 or somewhere around there, since then i have been on and off about 4 or 5 different times. I also felt like such a failure bcuz i couldnt even do this, it is a very easy program and i was following it and losin weight, but old dumb me was not happy with my loss because so and so lost 10lbs the first week or so and so lost 30lbs in the time it took me to lose 15. There were people who started the week after me and lost so much weight i got very discouraged, everyone was tellin me to not judge my loss by others bcuz we r all different, I tried to do that and was even stayin away from the forum, but when i would come back and read the losses i would get discouraged all over again. Then it came a time when i was away for 1wk which turned into 2wks which turned into a month and now several months. When i decided to restart the program, i came to the forum and read some posts and boy did i get discouraged all over again. Just seein how much weight was lost by people who started around the same time i did. I spoke from time to time with Tamil through instant message and she would always try to encourage me to go on. She had me so excited that i started the next day and then the next day i was back to cheatin. Tamil i have read some of your post and have seen u online but was to embarassed to say anything to u. I have read about some of your struggles and really should have been there for you as u have been there for me many times with your kind words. I think about Unca Tim tellin me that by june i could be 100lbs lighter and here we r in april and i have only kept off 15 of the 20lbs that i lost. I guess i could use the excuse that i am going thru some personal issues right now and i do have a sweet tooth that i gave in to, but i guess we all could say that. I stopped drinkin my water and said to heck with the program. But lately when i have been grocery shoppin i started buyin my water again and slowly started drinking it, everynite i would say i m gonna start tmr then tmr then tmr, well tmr finally came and i am glad to report that i got up this am and drank my first shake, hopefully i will make it thru this day and the next and the next. I know i wont be 100lbs lighter by june but if i can just lose somethin every month i will take that. I know u guys r the best and i just needed to get this off my mind and my chest and i dont know of a better place to say it. Well i have taken up enuff time so i will say bye for now. Will be postin more in the future
restart date 4/22/04
5'10
320/175
butterpecan
Newbie - #10 Club

Postby Starloser63 » April 22nd, 2004, 7:20 am

Welcome back Butterpecan.

I am saying a prayer for your strength and perseverence. I know you can do this. 1 shake at a time!

(((Big Hugs for you)))
Susan F
Through Christ all things all possible.
Susan F
246/216/150
3/23/04 2nd x
First Goal 199
Starloser63
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby butterpecan » April 22nd, 2004, 7:20 am

oh noticed a mistake in my post, i havent maintained a 15lb loss it was only 10, so that means of the 20 i lost i gained 10 of it back. Oh well, no use cryin over spilt milk.
restart date 4/22/04
5'10
320/175
butterpecan
Newbie - #10 Club

Postby explorthis » April 22nd, 2004, 7:37 am

Howdy Butter......

I was glad to read your post. I am glad you have decided to re-join us, and make a new resolve to remain on the program (or at least try) you said it yourself, you can see how much others have lost with determination, and a little (sometimes a lot) of will power. We all want this to be you. I will be glad to help in anyway I can.

Glad your back!

-Mike
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Landylue » April 22nd, 2004, 10:43 am

Welcome back, Butterpecan.

I started to tell you to take it one day at a time, but even that is too much sometimes to face.

How about just taking it one shake at a time. Just make it from one shake to the next, and pretty soon, you'll be sailing!

Good luck!

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » April 23rd, 2004, 1:06 am

Howdy doody, Butter and welcome home!

Honey, (I am about to use the D word in print, and this is AGAINST my principles...) as, I was going to say,
if dieting were easy, there wouldn't be so many fat people out there...

Dieting IS hard. This losing weight business is not an easy task.

Medifast IS a relatively easy program to follow. ONCE you make up your mind.

Medifast DOES make it easier to lose weight and to lose it faster than conventional diets and we lose it SAFELY because it is a medical food.

Butter, we stand beside you. We want you to share our success and we want you to know, you're ok. (You are MORE than ok, Girl!) Just get right back on track and go for it, one shake at a time.

Summer's coming. You may not make it to the 100 club by summer but you may very well make it by Thanksgiving - what a thing to be thankful for, eh? or by CHRISTmas! Whee! You can do it. :stroll:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby butterpecan » April 23rd, 2004, 6:41 am

thank u all for the kind words, i really appreciate it. I failed again yesterday, did really good until it was dinnertime and then i overate. Felt so bad about overeating that i decided (once again), what the heck i might as well eat all i want cuz i have messed up now. After I did it, i felt so bad all over again. I dont know what is wrong with me, cant get motivated like i was before. Anyway i got right back on the horse and restarted again today, I am gonna do this.
restart date 4/22/04
5'10
320/175
butterpecan
Newbie - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » April 23rd, 2004, 7:46 am

okay...Butter,

Today, is IT! One moment at a time.
Yesterday I was absolutely a Starvin' Marvin. I had had three shakes and a bar and I was :twisted: HONGRY! It wasn't time for my next shake. :shock:

I made myself a cup of tea. I told myself I would NOT eat anything for an hour. I checked my watch about every three minutes!

I had two cups of tea. Someone came into my office and distracted moi! Yeah! Then I had a half a bottle of water and drove home. The freeway was a mad house, I was on my way to Shopping Town and traveled via a freeway section that I rarely travel. The freeway was packed out, I needed to get over two lanes and Drat! I missed the exit, there wasn't another exit for five miles and had to make a MAJOR detour and gas is $2.19 a gallon here in The Couve...Argh! :x

I drove by every fast food place known to man and woman. Gosh, it was Ptomaine Alley! I slugged down a bottle of H2O.

I got to the mall, bought a fabulous purple suit that was ON SALE! :D Forgot ALL about the HONGRIES! Got back in Buzz (My Bug) and bipped home. I was REALLY HONGRY at this point and it was now one hour past the fueling time... :bib:

I drank a shake, mowed the lawn and hit the Forum. I did NOT cave to the food rave! Why? I distracted myself! You can do it, too.

Be creative today. Summer's comin' little Darlin' and it ain't no fun sweatin' and wearin' a floaty dress when you'd much rather be wearing capris and a tank top! (or Bermuda Joes and a muscle shirt).

Choose for yourself this day whom you are going to serve! Food is not your king! You are in control, one shake at a time...

Now Mikey and Adam, perhaps a trip to Home Depot would be a better distraction for you than going to Shopping Town, eh?

More Power! Shake power!
Cheers! :cheers:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby TamiL » April 23rd, 2004, 11:01 am

Welcome back Butterpecan!!
Missed ya!! It is hard restarting the program...but we are all here to cheer you on!!

shake shake shake!!

Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Return to The Weight Room