Hello, It's Day 3

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Hello, It's Day 3

Postby parrotmom » December 1st, 2003, 12:18 pm

Just dropping in to introduce myself and ask a few questions. After trolling the net researching Medifast, I found Nancy & Terry's terrific website and forum. Terry spent a bunch of time on the phone with me putting together my first order, which I received one week before Thanksgiving.

I decided to wait until after Thanksgiving to start the Full Fast program. On Saturday, Nov. 29th, I started. Here's my daily rundown:

8:00 am: 1 Chocolate Devine bar
10:00 am: 1 cup chicken buillion
11:00 am: Dutch Chocolate Medifast 55 shake
2:00 pm: Dutch Chocolate Medifast 55 shake
3:30 pm: 1 cup Delicate Chicken Fast Soup
5:00 pm: Medifast Chili w/extra spices & 1 pkg Medifast Crackers (this is also when I take my daily vitamin supplements)
8:00 pm: French Vanilla Medifast 55 shake
All Day: Water, water, water!

Advisors: Does everything look okey-dokey? Anything I need to change?

I'm halfway through Day 3. It's been a little tough, but doable. Looking forward to ketosis kicking in so I won't be quite so hungry right before my next shake is due.

I have a fair amount of weight to lose (66 lbs), and hope to have it off by late spring/early summer 2004. I look forward to having this forum as a tool in my arsenal!

About me: married to a wonderful man, stepmother to a wonderful 15yo boy, 5 parrots (hence the forum name), 1 dog and 1 cat. It's a lively household, lemme tell you!
Amy in San Diego
196/160/130 (1st Medifast round - Nov03-Apr04)
174/160/130 (2nd Medifast round - 09/27/04)
parrotmom
Regular Member - #10 Club

Your Daily Schedule

Postby Nancy » December 2nd, 2003, 1:24 am

Hidy Ho, Parrotmom and welcome to the Forum!

You've survived Day Number Three. Good for you! We are so glad you have gotten started on your journey to improved health. We’re here for you to help you along the way. :stroll:

Your schedule looks mighty fine! You’ve taken one of the most important steps to heart, Amy - you’ve carefully planned your meals so they are three hours apart and have included ‘safe’ snacks – Fast Soups and bouillon Hooray! I see lots of water included in your plan, too! :bib:

May I make a suggestion regarding your breakfast… I understand how hard it is to allow time to prepare breakfast if that is new step for you. In my before Medifast life, I never had breakfast. It is now a vital part of my life and enables me to successfully maintain my appropriate weight.

Through my training as a certified Health Advisor, I’ve learned the value of having a serving of one of our hearty oatmeal varieties or a shake for breakfast and saving the bars for afternoon or at least until after we’ve consumed at least one shake.

The reason is because the bars have more carbs and sugar than the shakes and oatmeal. In order to fashion the soy protein into a more solid form, more carbs are needed. While we have been snoring away at night and have gone for a number of hours without eating, it is best for the first meal of the day to be a shake or oatmeal to prevent our blood sugar level from spiking. One of the beauties of Medifast is that it helps to maintain a steady blood sugar level and prevents our insulin levels from making wide swings.

To make mornings easier, at night before I go to bed, I figure out what I will wear the next day and I also lay out my Medifast packets for breakfast and lunch.

Terry is such a cool guy. :heart: He prepares my morning shake and my lunchtime “ToGo” shakes. I have him mix me a double shake to take along in a quart-size container. That way I am totally prepared for my day even before the day begins!

I also have some snack-size plastic bags filled with snacks such as cleaned broccoli or celery sticks ready to ‘grab and go’ in the refer.

Parrotmom, you’ll be a successful loser, too and we can‘t wait to hear about your first week and your successes. Be sure to take your picture and record your measurements. You won’t believe how great you feel! Enjoy the journey! :hi5:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Post Script

Postby Nancy » December 2nd, 2003, 1:26 am

Amy,

What keeps the cats from scarfing the five parrots? :bib:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Day 4 & Doing Great!

Postby parrotmom » December 2nd, 2003, 9:58 am

Hi, Nancy! In answer to your question, the cat is "Queen of the Garage." She was an outdoor kitty when she came to live with us, and has resided in our garage -- hence, no contact with the parrots!

Thanks for clarifying on when to eat the bars -- I'll switch my bar to the afternoon. It's not a problem at all.

I've been scouring the messages on the forum and was thrilled to find out I could have a couple dill pickles per day -- I looove dill pickles and it's a nice little "bite" in the afternoon. Ditto on the celery.

I'm learning to keep my "survival pack" with me -- shaker jar, extra shake in case I get caught away from home at shake time, an extra bar in case I'm really in a jam and can't get home!

Ketosis kicked in on the afternoon of Day 3 -- what a relief! I had the usual pre-ketosis complaints -- dull headache, hunger, etc. But it's all passed and I'm looking forward to my first weigh-in on Saturday! :D
Amy in San Diego
parrotmom

Postby Unca_Tim » December 2nd, 2003, 11:38 am

Hi Amy and welcome,
Looks like you've got all your parrots...errr.....ducks in a row and are settling in nicely.

Keep up the regular meals and slurping your H2O and you'll easily reach your goal by spring.

Keep a shakin',
:cheers:
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby parrotmom » December 2nd, 2003, 2:40 pm

Thanks, Unca! I'm enjoying this diet so much more than others I've been on ... including the liquid diets of years gone by. Anyone remember The Cambridge Diet? Ugh!
Amy in San Diego
parrotmom

Postby Nancy » December 2nd, 2003, 10:02 pm

Amy,

I can just tell that you are going to reach your goal in no time. You are a real Boy Scout with your survival packs by your side.

So the "Queen of the Garage" is banned from the house, eh? Betcha that little kitty is so happy to live in your cozy garage and not be a homeless kitty anymore. :D

You have a busy household and it's just great to get to know you and to read about your successes.

8) One shake at a time, we're changing the shape of America! 8)
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Jeanette » December 3rd, 2003, 2:36 pm

Hi Amy!

I've actually been trying to say HI for days, but for some reason, AOL does not like this message board! :( SO I am sneaking a peek at work (shh..don't tell!)

You've got a good start! and you will be amazed with your results!

Best of luck!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby parrotmom » December 3rd, 2003, 2:47 pm

Thanks, Jeanette! I've been lurking in the forum for a few weeks while waiting for my order to arrive, then for Thanksgiving to be over, before finally starting!

I've been watching your amazing progress and your supportive posts to everyone -- you've been an inspiration :D

Thanks for sneaking in a reply to me ... (whispering) I won't tell anyone where you wrote it ;)
Amy in San Diego
parrotmom

Return to Come on in.