Hello all!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Hello all!

Postby armeewyf » March 24th, 2005, 5:10 pm

I am starting on Medifast this Monday am. I enjoy reading everyone's posts and feel I will gain a lot from the encouragement. I have a small and large goal-first to lose 45 lbs by June 4 and to lose another 45 by September. Realistic? I hope so! I was on this program before when it was liquid only. I think the 5 and 1 plan will be easier. I did well on the plan before-35 lbs in 6 weeks. Maybe it was my young metabolism! I welcome any encouragement and advise. Actually I am curious to know how much water everyone is drinking? What type exercise is everyone doing? Thanks for the help!
Lee Ann
armeewyf
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby dlr2424 » March 24th, 2005, 5:37 pm

Leeann....WELCOME....I'm so glad you have joined us... :D ...you already know Medifast is successful so that's a plus....personnaly...I drink 100-120 oz of water a day...and as far as exercise I alternate with 20 min of pilates or 20-30 min of walking.....and did not start till 4 weeks into the plan.....I used to exercise like crazy....but I'm enjoying the slower pace that they recommend.......Have a great Easter

Donna...dlr2424 :D

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby LilMsTexas » March 24th, 2005, 5:45 pm

Hi Lee Ann,
Are you an Army wife now? I have been for 15 years! I also did medifast 16 years ago when it was liquid only. We may have alot in common. :D I am working to drink the full 64 oz of water a day..plus the water that is in the shakes, and usually 1 diet coke a day. That's about all the fluid I can manage at the moment. I am in my 3rd week and I have started back to Curves and feel great. I'll be looking for you on here and as always if you want/need a private chat just send me a PM.........I check often throughout the day (even at work). Just out of curiosity...how young are you? I'm 35 so I did Medifast when I was 19. I was just curious as to when you did it and how old. This is muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch easier!!
CHEERS!
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Kauket » March 24th, 2005, 6:24 pm

Howdy Lee Ann welcome to the boards. :) The 5&1 plan is awesome :) I alternate between the full fast and the 5&1 depending on what my family is eating for dinner. (If it fits in then I eat, if not, I just have an extra shake) It works well for us and they eat better most, but not all nights. :)
Began 2/16/05
253/228/??
Kauket
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby raederle » March 24th, 2005, 6:58 pm

Welcome Lee Ann! If you managed the old-school MF program with shakes only, this (I hope) will be easier sailing for you. I really look forward to eating the oatmeals and soups; it's great to have choices! As for water, the recommended amount is *at least* 64 ounces a day, and, anecdotally at least, many people here do better by drinking even more than that-- closer to 100 oz. I usually get in about 90 ounces of water, plus a couple of cups of non-caffeinated tea. I have one diet soda per day as a treat, like Christi. I exercise like Donna does (okay, I'm a little wimpier!)-- 20 minutes a day of walking on the treadmill, plus taking the stairs at work and taking fast walks to/from the train station (I take the metro to work and have to hoof it a few blocks to get to my building). Other than that, I just sit around a lot...! ;) So you really don't have to (and shouldn't) kill yourself exercising on MF, and like Donna says, give yourself a few weeks before you start, if you've never really exercised much before starting MF.

Glad to have you along!
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

WOW!

Postby armeewyf » March 24th, 2005, 7:24 pm

Responses already! This is going to be fun (did I just type that I think dieting is going to be fun?) Yes, LilMs Texas I think we have some things in common. I am 39 so we were prob trying medifast the shake way at about the same time! Yes, I am still an Army wife. My husband was in Iraq for 15 mos. Yours? I also see that you just started. Thats cool. I appreciate the water and exercise tips. I cannot be that limited with diet coke. I am totally addicted. I am going to try for the 100 oz-maybe that will help me get away from the soda. Thanks everyone for making me feel so welcome! Something to look forward to in the quest to get fit and slim! :lol:
armeewyf
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby 24KaratGold » March 24th, 2005, 7:29 pm

Welcome!

I too was totally addicted to diet coke before I started MFing. After nearly three months, I am now down to just one a day (the 20 ounce bottle). I'm drinking 90-110 ounces a day of water, and just don't have time to drink so much coke anymore.
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby doglover » March 24th, 2005, 8:01 pm

Hi Lee Ann! I was a total diet pepsi nut before MF. I am now down to one per day and it takes me all day to drink it! I am so thirsty and water is really helping that. I don't have time, nor the urge, to drink that much DP anymore! I drink 99+ oz of water each day. 99 is the min. I use the 33 oz water bottles and fill it up 2 more times. Some days I am done w/ that by 7 pm and need to drink more in the evening! Some days I am a slave to the bathroom and others not. I'm sure there is some bio reason for that, but I don't mind it.

I started exercising this week but am so scared to slow down my progress that if I don't have a good weight drop I may stop. I am really busy and active normally and not a couch potato anyway!

Welcome and GOOD LUCK! :toast:
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Iraq

Postby LilMsTexas » March 25th, 2005, 3:34 am

Yes Lee Ann my wonderful husband, Army 20 years this June, was part of the invading forces into Iraq from Kuwait. We were stationed in Germany at the time and me and my then 10 yr old son stayed in Germany while he was gone. He returned and 3 months later we came to Virginia. After that...less than 6 months later, virtually everyone who went with him to Iraq were back for another 14 months. They have all recently returned without a single casuality from anyone we know THANK GOD! My husband was in an Apache air Cavalry from Germany, but now is at a sweet little desk job NON-DEPLOYABLE intelligence division and this is where we'll ride the wave to retirement......again.......THANK GOD! Our second son was part of OPERATION DESERT BABY!!

Best of luck to you and be in touch.......HOOAH!
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby TamiL » March 25th, 2005, 9:49 am

Christi
GOD BLESS your HUBBY and all the UNIFORMED men and women who are deployed and in harms way....GOD BLESS the ones who ARENT deployed..who are still away from thier home towns and loved ones!! the military life is the hardest to live!! being a former military wife...I can say that now living in civillian world...its a whole different atmosphere!! I miss the military so much!! there is nothing quite like it..the bonding..the instant friendships you make....enduring the lonliness and all the "hurry up and wait"....that goes with it!! lol!!
I am now divorced....and the funny thing is..my x husband got out of the military..and we moved back to our home towns..he moved back before I did...I stayed in Ft. Drum NY because I needed my friends there at the time to get me thru my divorce!! lol!! Now we both live in the same town..and are on 2 seperate Fire Departments ..towns that are right near each other!!! ..and are great friends...go firgure!! lol!!
life is funny....when it throws you curve balls..you just gotta swing anyhow...and when it throws you lemons..you make lemonade!! lol!!
We joke around alot about how we both still have so many bottles of MOTRIN given to us by the army!! lol!! thats thier "cure all" for stuff as you know, being around the military for so long!! lol!!
I APPLAUD you ....you my dear have the tuffest JOB OF THEM ALL...BEING A MILITARY WIFE!!! ;)

Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Return to Come on in.