Hello All

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Hello All

Postby mindovermatter » January 6th, 2005, 9:20 am

Oops, I posted in the wrong spot. Off to a good start! Lets try this again.

Yet another newbie for the New Year. Today is my first day. I've been lurking on the boards for a few days but thought I should wait till I started before introducing myself.

Nancy - It was a pleasure to meet you on the phone last week.

My name is Beth and my background in a nutshell is a lifetime of progressively gaining weight and dieting and gaining again plus a few a pounds for good measure every time. My first diet started when I was 12 years old, my mother said I could get my ears pierced if I lost 15 lbs. My all time high is 231 lbs which I reached in Feb 04 . My illustrious diet history includes WW, Nutra Systems, Jenny Craig, Atkins, South Beach, Opti Fast (60lb loss, and most success loss), yada yada yada....you name it, I've been on it. My lowest adult weight was 134 lbs which I achieved on Opti Fast and lasted a whole 3 months, I was able to maintain a weight of 150 after that for a few years. 150 lbs is the goal, so I have 75 lbs to lose.

I'm excited about this plan because it is similar to Opti but has a little variety. I am very successful in the losing phase when I have limited choices and don't have to think of the supliments as food but simply nurishment. This time around, I plan to put greater emphasis on the maintance phase.

Thanks for listening....Beth
1/06/05
225/175/140

Jan - down 21 lbs
Feb - down 12 lbs
Mar - down 10 lbs
mindovermatter
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby explorthis » January 6th, 2005, 9:28 am

Hey Beth!! Welcome….. I see myself in your post, almost everything, including Optifast, as I lost 70 pounds 20 years ago, and as fast as the loss, I gained it all back, and about 30 more to boot! I have been on as many of these as you, and then Medifast came along. Appears you are an experienced girl at the losing part, as I was, BUT-BUT-BUT now I learned (am still learning 366 days of maintenance later) how to keep it off. I successfully lost over 100 pounds just over a year ago, and have KEPT IT OFF. Optifast is basically the same thing, but the difference now is SUPPORT. Bar none, this is the place.

Glad you’re here, we are here to help!!!

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby mindovermatter » January 6th, 2005, 9:45 am

Thanks Mike. Your success is fantastic and an inspiration. What is different about the maintance this time? Are you continueing to limit choices? What's your key?

By the by, who is this Guido guy I keep hearing about, might that be your evil twin?...Beth
1/06/05
225/175/140

Jan - down 21 lbs
Feb - down 12 lbs
Mar - down 10 lbs
mindovermatter

Postby explorthis » January 6th, 2005, 10:03 am

Are you continueing to limit choices? What's your key?

Absolutely, now I consciously think about everything I eat. This is the key 100% I have written hundreds of posts regarding what I eat, and what triggers “wants” search around…. There are a ton of posts…

who is this Guido guy I keep hearing about,

... laughing Guido is indeed my alter ego. He makes an appearance, when needed, basically stepping on toes, and really squirting more fire in the flame. He only comes out if someone bashes the program, or he is feeling like picking a fight. He comes out on occasion, but generally gets stepped on by Tim (the board op)

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis

Postby Sylvia » January 6th, 2005, 12:02 pm

Welcome Beth!

I was in almost exactly your shoes when I started MF last May 3. I weighed about 225 and my goal was 150. Fast forward about 6 months to November when I declared myself at goal at 154. Fast forward 2 more months to now when dispite some holiday overindulgence, I am still a pound above or below my goal weight every day.

I've had as many weight loss failures as most on this board have had in the past and I still have a ways to go before I will "officially" be a long term success, but this time was entirely different. First, I wanted it more and I was single-minded in my determination to get to goal. Second, I want it forever, not just for now. I focused on maintenance early and started planning how I would eat moving forward. Third, I took to heart the part about exercise and made it a habit about midway through the program. I continue to exercise just about every day and find it really allows me to eat more than I would be able to without it.

Just stick to it and don't fall off the wagon. Keep on doing it even when you really don't want to and even if you hit a plateau. This will work - there is no way for it not to!
Sylvia
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby mindovermatter » January 6th, 2005, 12:18 pm

Thanks Sylvia, I plan to be as successful as you.
1/06/05
225/175/140

Jan - down 21 lbs
Feb - down 12 lbs
Mar - down 10 lbs
mindovermatter

Postby Sylvia » January 6th, 2005, 12:41 pm

Hey - just noticed you're from Cleveland - that's my home town. Where do you live?
Sylvia

Postby mindovermatter » January 6th, 2005, 2:21 pm

What a small world. I'm in Westlake, where did you live?

I didn't grow up in Cleveland but have lived here since my late 20's, wow :shock: that's like 15 years ago. Hmmmm, so now instead of just being headachy from my first day on MF, I feel old as well. Deep breaths Beth, think happy thoughts.
1/06/05
225/175/140

Jan - down 21 lbs
Feb - down 12 lbs
Mar - down 10 lbs
mindovermatter

Postby Sylvia » January 6th, 2005, 2:53 pm

I grew up in Cleveland Heights but lived in Medina just before I moved about 10 years ago. Don't miss the weather one bit!

You will be amazed at how much better you will feel after the first 3 or 4 days and that feeling continues to improve as the weight starts coming off. I have never felt better than I did fy last 2-3 months on MF!

Just stick with it and come here for support whenever you need it. Also feel free to PM me if you ever feel the need.

Sylvia
Sylvia

Return to Come on in.