I have no pants!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

I have no pants!

Postby Nova » May 7th, 2006, 9:22 pm

I'm going to Austin tomorrow for a conference for work. I started packnig this afternoon, and as I pulled out my pants, I thought, maybe I should try them on first, to make sure they still fit. (Thank goodness I didn't have to worry about them being too small!)

Well, they didn't fit. I tried on all the dress slacks in my closet, and they were all too big and baggy in the butt. I'd been wearing them to work, but I knew they were getting big. It's pretty casual at work, but this conference is much nicer. I got to my last pair, one of my favorites. I asked my hubby if they really looked that bad. He walked behind me and pulled my pants down without even undoing the button or zipper and said, yeah, they are that bad. :oops:

So here I am, 4:00 Sunday afternoon, with nothing nice to wear. I run to Goodwill and I'm pulling out all the 16s and 18s, because I don't know what size I am. Finally, after trying on 20 pairs, I find 3 that fit. (That's why I hate clothes shopping) Only $20 for 3 pairs. Score! I have something nice to wear next week. And hopefully I'll be going back to Goodwill in a couple weeks for smaller pants. :D
244/171

Would you rather eat what you want, or wear what you want?
Nova
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » May 7th, 2006, 9:39 pm

Well I'm glad you got to goodwill in time, because it would've been pretty embarassing to drop trou at your conference! Can you imagine a few months back having this problem? Sounds like a great (if not the best timing) problem to have!

Have fun in Austin!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby DogMa » May 7th, 2006, 11:56 pm

That's awesome. But yeah, as you know, don't get too attached to any of your clothes because pretty soon they'll be too big.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby sidrah » May 8th, 2006, 12:50 am

How cool...Just a difference of 20 lbs. and your pants are falling off of you already! :thumbig:
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby Arklahoma » May 8th, 2006, 2:26 pm

What a great story! I'm so glad that you found some pants to wear to your conference. Looks like I gotta get to goodwill, too!
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby FluffyNoMore » May 8th, 2006, 2:53 pm

HEHEHE!! :) I can SO relate. Glad you were able to find something for little money....especially since you're going to shrink right out of them in no time. :)
FluffyNoMore
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Return to The Weight Room