Happy 4th!!!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Happy 4th!!!

Postby MomsTherapy » July 4th, 2005, 11:05 am

Well we did the parade this morning and then the "Peach Festival" You guys would be so proud! I passed the homemade peach icecream booths, the overpriced bbq sandwiches and even sipped my vanilla shake while checking out the car show. THEN as if that wasn't enough, we went to McDonalds for the kids for lunch and I watched them snack away at their food and I just sipped the water I ordered and rushed home to eat my chili that had been soaking. I think that is the first time I have turned down shopping to go home early!!! :lol:

But now I have terrible cravings to go get some "GOOD" food. :( Hubby was trying to be supportive as he spooned in the Mcflurry, but Im really wanting it. I've had a few of those "I want to quit" moments in just my 4th day. I guess it is because I only have 30-40 lbs to lose to be a "skinny girl". So I ask myself, do I really want to be a skinny girl or is my size okay? Grrr.....one of those days!!!

So....I hope I can hold in there and you guys can too!

Not trying to whine on the 4th as besides food struggles today has been great with the family!!! (too much candy from the parade for the kiddies as always!)

Anyways....

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY !!!!
Leah (Lee-uh):D aka MomsTherapy

MomsTherapy
Trusted Member

Postby martha » July 4th, 2005, 11:55 am

WOW!!!!!!!!!! you did GREAT today.. Talk about PROUD!!!!!!! :D passing up all the goodies took some will power .. and then to pass up the McDonalds McFlurry--WOW is all I can say except CONGRATULATIONS you did it!!!!!!!!!!! I cooked a really hugh meal yesterday with alot of my favorites but baked me a chicken Breast in the oven (right next to the tator tot casserole) and made steamed brocolli for me and a cheese sauce for everyone else. I didn't miss any of their food(okay maybe the chocolate cake) but am willing to wait till I reach my goal for that.. It's hard when everyone around you is eating all of your favorite food but you did sooo good by sipping your vanilla shake and not giving in.. when you have to cook all the food yourself it is really hard but if I can do it believe me anyone out there can.. I know you want all of your good food and you ask yourself if it is worth it to continue or not--well if you didn't want to a skinny girl you would not have wanted to start this program at all. You did it because you really didn't want those 40 extra pounds to turn into 80# later on.. It's easier to lose 40 than 80(iknow :lol: ) so keep your chin up and come back to this forum whenever you feel the need to talk or vent and one or more of these really GREAT people who really care about your progress will be happy to help you.. HAPPY 4TH OF JULY---Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby MomsTherapy » July 4th, 2005, 12:09 pm

Thanks Martha. I chewed some celery and had a mini dill. So, I guess Im good. I soooo know what you mean about cooking for the family. I had to make spaghetti last night (one of my favorites). It looked soooo yummy!!! :) But you are right! I started this thing for a reason and Im going to finish it all the way to the end!

Thanks for taking the time out on the Holidays!!
~Leah

MomsTherapy
Trusted Member

Postby LuzInIt » July 4th, 2005, 1:55 pm

Hi Leah - Did you know you can make your own smoothie for when your DH is slurpin' his McFlurry. Really delicious. I'm at work and don't have my MF recipes nearby but I think my favorite was concocted somewhat like this: 3 oz water, a vanilla supplement, 1/8-1/4 tsp maple extract, 1/8-1/4 coconut extract (not sure of the measurements - I never measure anything just pour it on to taste), 1 or 2 splenda depending on how much sweetness you like and a bit of ice. You would be amazed at how creamy and thick this stuff is. When I first tried it, I was jumping around the house making everyone take a sip (tiny, cause I didn't want to share). Yummy. Again, using just the 3 ounces of water can make any shake pack into a thick, creamy wonder - you will not believe it is a diet meal!
Linda - Started MF 3/22/05

340/328/210/150
130 Pounds Gone For Good -
Thank you Medifast!
LuzInIt
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby MomsTherapy » July 4th, 2005, 2:11 pm

mmmm...that sounds really good. I need to go to the store and get some more extracts!!! :D

MomsTherapy
Trusted Member

Postby Mommy2girls » July 4th, 2005, 2:25 pm

You did great! I agree it's hard to watch other eat away, and when you have kids it's next to impossible to stay away from all the fast food places. I tell myself if it is something that I've had before then it is nothing that my tastebuds will miss. I will also watch their "untouched" food and when they rush off to play, I tell myself how icky it is after it has cooled down. (That doesn't work with the McDonalds McFlurry though, does it?...maybe you just have to let it melt into a big mess and dump it down the drain...not the one your DH ate though...he he he...just talking about the leftover food that kids don't eat and how easy it is to put it in OUR mouths when we DON'T need it!)

Anyway, you did great and I struggle with the same issues as you. I do not aspire to be a skinny girl, just healthier. I gained 55lbs with my first pregnancy and it never went away. So that became my first goal, to lose the pregnancy weight. When I get there, of course, I COULD lose MORE, but do I want to? I want to be a healthy weight for me and ALSO BE ABLE TO MAINTAIN IT and I just know that I'm not going to be able to maintain 130lbs...so that all plays into my thinking as well.

Keep on shakin and you will see results!!

Sheila
Sheila

Maintaining a –45lb loss....

Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Emma » July 4th, 2005, 3:09 pm

Sheila- I'm with you about setting a realistic goal weight. My "skinny" weight is about 150lbs. (I'm tall), but it was hard to maintain and that was before kids. I set my goal weight at 170 - I just want to be healthy and tone and not starving all the time.

Great job Leah on surviving the 4th! I know it's SO HARD when you have kids, especially kids who I'm constantly cooking for and buying groceries for... but MF does curb the cravings, so I'm finding it easier to resist temptation.

Keep up the good work ladies!
emma
:D
Started MF: 5/18/05
5'10"

Emma
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby LeeannNH » July 4th, 2005, 4:18 pm

hi leah

you should be so proud! freakin peach ice cream is good but think of how you will feel in the morning! you will feel better than you would have in the few moments while you were eating that mcflurry. :D does that make any sense!? :shock:

as for your "skinny" weight, it seems that you came to mf for a reason and i too had those feelings of doubt. what i did was ask myself what my reason was. i wrote the answer down and tacked it on my computer monitor. only you can decide if you are ready to or if you want to lose that weight. but know that you are not alone in feeling that way early on. i had 100# to lose and felt that way too. i think its the habitual eating creeping in on you. actually i still feel that way on occassions when a fav food is in close proximity!

we dont have children and girl you are AWESOME making it through the spaghetti incident. i cook for my husband and i, but i cant imagine what it must be like to cook for children and then explaining why you arent eating what they are, etc. so you GO GIRL!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

anyway..hang in there! you are doing GREAT
leeann ;)
Starting weight on Nov. 3, 2008: 220 | Present weight: 220 | Goal: 135
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Postby want2Bthin » July 4th, 2005, 4:46 pm

Leah-

You should be very proud of yourself! :mrgreen: It takes alot of self discipline to stay on the plan when there are so many goodies around. Keep focused & you will be to your goal before you know it. Then you will be able to occasionally have the peach icecream for a treat.
:lol:
Angelia
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby martha » July 4th, 2005, 5:29 pm

LEAH---
Oh MY GOSH!!! Did you say SPAGHETTI???? You really are good :mrgreen: that and lasgana are my favorite things to eat.. My kids and grandkids have been begging for me to make it for them but I have been making excuses galore.. I don't know if I could pass them up or not at this point in my program.. So CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! you go girl :mrgreen: :mrgreen: --Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby MomsTherapy » July 5th, 2005, 6:36 am

Thanks so much you guys. :bighug: I made it through AND we went to a Mexican resturant lst night (our favorite) I didn't get my regular, I had a fajita salad without the cheese, but I did have a few tortilla chips with cheese dip. :hmmm: But I didn't eat them like I would have, I had a few and quit. :yes:

I feel better about it all today and can actually feel a little difference in my clothes. :yay: When I say "skinny girl" I mean healthy girl. Some of these lil chicks running around look emaciated and I don't want to look that way, I want to look strong and lean....not flabby. You know what I mean. But that is "skinny girl" to me. :D

Thanks for the support as always everyone! :hug:

Only 3 more days and it is weigh day for my week one! I can't wait!!!! :D

(wow I don't think I have ever used so many smilies!!)

MomsTherapy
Trusted Member

Postby dlr2424 » July 7th, 2005, 5:46 pm

Leah.........can't wait to see how well your first week has gone..........I pray the scale Gods are good to you........ :mrgreen: ..........you are doing great................. :bravo: .............keep it up..............
Donna......dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby MomsTherapy » July 7th, 2005, 6:51 pm

I am so excited!! Tomorrow is my first weigh day!

I will not be disappointed.... I will not be disappointed.... I will not be disappointed.... I will not be disappointed.... I will not be disappointed.... I will not be disappointed....

unless of course I gained :lol:

MomsTherapy
Trusted Member

Postby Sablebaby » July 7th, 2005, 8:24 pm

Momstherapy-

I know, earlier I was thinking it was about time for you to weigh in. I had to look at the calendar and saw that it's tomorrow! I thought that it was something exciting to look forward to on the board. Good luck!!!!!!!
:goodluck:
Heather
Sablebaby
Trusted Member

Postby mytime » July 7th, 2005, 9:17 pm

Momstherapy - Happy weigh in tomorrow. Can't wait to read your post and see your smile. Mytime
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Return to The Weight Room