Happiness is....

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Happiness is....

Postby Jeanette » February 27th, 2004, 6:52 am

Wearing a new denim skirt that is SIX sizes smaller than what I was wearing 16 weeks ago!! And I look GOOD in it! :lol:

Just one of the many joys of Medifasting!!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Re: Happiness is....

Postby explorthis » February 27th, 2004, 7:24 am

Jeanette wrote:Wearing a new denim skirt that is SIX sizes smaller than what I was wearing 16 weeks ago!! And I look GOOD in it!

Show us an updated picture..... !!! We wanna see.... !!!

-Mike
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby ErikaEastwood » February 27th, 2004, 7:51 am

going down 3 sizes in 2 weeks, 1 day.. :lol:
ErikaEastwood
Regular Member - #30 Club

Re: Happiness is....

Postby Jeanette » February 27th, 2004, 8:21 am

explorthis wrote:
Show us an updated picture..... !!! We wanna see.... !!!

-Mike

<blush> I'll see what I can do...;)
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette

Postby shineface » February 27th, 2004, 11:39 am

Jeanette----- :cheers:

I am so excited for you -- what an accomplishment!!!!
:cleader:

I can't wait to start going through some real size changes --- I figure people won't even start to notice my loss for about another 25 lbs. -- BUT ... I KNOW IT -I can feel it in my health, my head, my heart and yes, even my clothes --- having worn Super-Baggy for many years now - I'm looking to have my clothes start falling off -hopefully not in a public place :oops:

Six sizes --- you are my hero! :star:

You are so attractive ... didn't you hate hearing your whole life..."gee you have such a pretty face why don't you just lose some weight?" those were the mixed compliments of my life and I imagine you've heard a few --- my personal favorite was when I weighed about 125 lbs less than I do now and was fixed up with this really "nice?" :twisted: guy who at one point in the evening told me I was a beautiful redhead with the bluest eyes he'd ever seen but wanted to know when I was going to knock-off eatin' the potato salad!!!! OUCH.... but the years have a way of makin' the hurt lessen and the humor increase... :lol:

Together WE WILL do this!!!!! :stroll:
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Jeanette » February 27th, 2004, 12:24 pm

shineface wrote:I can't wait to start going through some real size changes --- I figure people won't even start to notice my loss for about another 25 lbs. -- BUT ... I KNOW IT -I can feel it in my health, my head, my heart and yes, even my clothes --- having worn Super-Baggy for many years now - I'm looking to have my clothes start falling off -hopefully not in a public place

Depending on how you are shaped, it could take a bit for people to see that you've lost. Weight loss usually is visible in the face first, and goes down from there. But once they start noticing, it is AWESOME!
Six sizes --- you are my hero!

Aww! Thanks! <blush> I've run into some good problems losing six sizes in such a short time--I've got clothes in all those different sizes. I am giving away all my fat clothes though! NO WAY will I ever go back there again.

You are so attractive ... didn't you hate hearing your whole life..."gee you have such a pretty face why don't you just lose some weight?" those were the mixed compliments of my life and I imagine you've heard a few

Um...yeah...I've heard it alot. Try having a pretty, petitie twin sister. Not good for my self esteem!

my personal favorite was when I weighed about 125 lbs less than I do now and was fixed up with this really "nice?" guy who at one point in the evening told me I was a beautiful redhead with the bluest eyes he'd ever seen but wanted to know when I was going to knock-off eatin' the potato salad!!!! OUCH....

Frankly, I'd be punchin' his lights out....but that's just me :roll:

but the years have a way of makin' the hurt lessen and the humor increase...

Yes....and no. I can still remember lots of painful events in my childhood and beyond that had to do with being tormented because of my size. Some things NEVER leave you. BUT--you can learn to rise above it and even become better. I am planning to go to my 25th high school reunion in 2008 with my new body, and watch all the jaws DROP!! Heh heh... :-P
(340) 325/300/180
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette

Postby explorthis » February 27th, 2004, 12:39 pm

Jeanette wrote:Yes....and no. I can still remember lots of painful events in my childhood and beyond that had to do with being tormented because of my size. Some things NEVER leave you. BUT--you can learn to rise above it and even become better

YES. 100 correct in all of this. The comments and snide remarks, and the ones that were not even meant for you NEVER leave you. I can tell you this, as a thin(ner) person, ALL those past comments all of a sudden become past tense. You (at least I do) don't care anymore. You now become the hero. I rarely even think about these thoughts anymore. Yes, I can still recite almost everyone of them verbbatim, however this pain, and it is painful, subsides and becomes a non important aspect in the general scheme. As you lose the weight, comments come in - for the good. People are now making "WOWOWOW" comments, and all those old feelings take a backseat. You know you WERE overweight, but all of a sudden a transformation comes over you - unexplainable - but it is GOOD.

I want ALL of you to feel this. It is beyond comprehension. I still look and think, is this really me? Its been over 4 months now since I began this journey, and it is still ALL worth it. E-V-E-R-Y-D-A-Y

Stick with it, be faithful, you WILL NOT BE SORRY. The new fun is ready waiting at your door, and you deserve it!

-Mike
explorthis

Postby ErikaEastwood » February 27th, 2004, 9:57 pm

Im so proud of everyone here! I just love you all, you have no idea how much you all have encouraged me and helped me stay motivated to this plan. I could not have done it with you all and God.
ErikaEastwood
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby Jade » March 1st, 2004, 9:38 am

You guys are AMAZING!!!!
I agree with Erika, you provide the inspiration and strength to get through some of the most difficult days. Thank you Thank you. Jeanette you are my touchstone in all of this. What do you say we have a big Lane Bryant bonfire in a few months???? I bet they could see it from space! Jade
Jade
Trusted Member - #50 Club

Postby Starloser63 » March 1st, 2004, 9:38 am

Jeanette,

Wow! I am so happy for you! You have done great. You are an inspriation to me. Keep up the good work.

Hugs to you
Through Christ all things all possible.
Susan F
246/216/150
3/23/04 2nd x
First Goal 199
Starloser63
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Carrie » March 1st, 2004, 10:06 am

Yay Jeanette! :thumbup:

I hope you're proud of yourself and give yourself credit for an amazing commitment and effort. Talk about a feel good moment ..... 6 sizes!

I know the things other people say to us hurt ..... I hate hearing 'you have the most gorgeous eyes' or the ever popular 'you have such a great smile'. I've always thought it funny that they don't compliment me on only having size 7 feet.

Speaking as someone that USED to be relatively cute, I can say it's devastating to experience the difference in the way the world treats you. Of course, in particular for me, men. They used to hold the door open for me, smile, take a long second look, stuff like that. Now the door slams in my face and their eyes slide off me as if I weren't even there. And that's hard to live with, and whittles away at your self worth, but ........

..... I really think I'm my own worst enemy. My self talk is belittling me all day long, 'shessh, can't even make it up a set of stairs', 'if you weren't such a blimp this would happen, or that wouldn't happen', etc. The stuff I say to myself is as bad if not worse than what I hear from outside myself. And that's gonna be a struggle for quite a while. So today, what I'm trying to do is stop the criticizing voice and tell it to shut the *bleepity bleep* up, I'm doing something about it, leave me alone. (This makes me sound like I have multiple presonalities, LOL)

Another mystery to me is that I have been mad at the world for not accepting me as I am, fat and all, for years. When in reality I don't accept myself this way. I don't like it, I don't think it's attractive, let alone unhealthy, but I want the rest of the world to look past something *I* can't see past myself!!! How dumb is that!

Now don't get me wrong, anybody that can be heavy and feel good about themselves, more power to them. All I'm saying is ...... I'll never totally accept myself this way, I have been trying for to dern long, ain't gonna happen. So, I'm trying to do something about it, and ignore what the rest of the world and my internal critic have to say.

That's my 2 cents.

And thank you all for, for being here. I'm gonna keep the forum open all dang day at work (hope I don't get fired for it or being in the bathroom the other half of the day). Being able to read your posts gives me hope and companionship.

Happy Monday All,
Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Carrie » March 1st, 2004, 10:28 am

Yay Jeanette! :thumbup:

I hope you're proud of yourself and give yourself credit for an amazing commitment and effort. Talk about a feel good moment ..... 6 sizes!

I know the things other people say to us hurt ..... I hate hearing 'you have the most gorgeous eyes' or the ever popular 'you have such a great smile'. I've always thought it funny that they don't compliment me on only having size 7 feet.

Speaking as someone that USED to be relatively cute, I can say it's devastating to experience the difference in the way the world treats you. Of course, in particular for me, men. They used to hold the door open for me, smile, take a long second look, stuff like that. Now the door slams in my face and their eyes slide off me as if I weren't even there. And that's hard to live with, and whittles away at your self worth, but ........

..... I really think I'm my own worst enemy. My self talk is belittling me all day long, 'shessh, can't even make it up a set of stairs', 'if you weren't such a blimp this would happen, or that wouldn't happen', etc. The stuff I say to myself is as bad if not worse than what I hear from outside myself. And that's gonna be a struggle for quite a while. So today, what I'm trying to do is stop the criticizing voice and tell it to shut the *bleepity bleep* up, I'm doing something about it, leave me alone. (This makes me sound like I have multiple presonalities, LOL)

Another mystery to me is that I have been mad at the world for not accepting me as I am, fat and all, for years. When in reality I don't accept myself this way. I don't like it, I don't think it's attractive, let alone unhealthy, but I want the rest of the world to look past something *I* can't see past myself!!! How dumb is that!

Now don't get me wrong, anybody that can be heavy and feel good about themselves, more power to them. All I'm saying is ...... I'll never totally accept myself this way, I have been trying for to dern long, ain't gonna happen. So, I'm trying to do something about it, and ignore what the rest of the world and my internal critic have to say.

That's my 2 cents.

And thank you all for, for being here. I'm gonna keep the forum open all dang day at work (hope I don't get fired for it or being in the bathroom the other half of the day). Being able to read your posts gives me hope and companionship.

Happy Monday All,
Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to Weight Loss