Hanging in there

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Hanging in there

Postby Maddie » March 31st, 2004, 5:38 pm

Hi again and thanks for being here..It does help to read posts and know I'm not alone in this. I hate being controlled by the urges to eat. I have a friend who is helping me and I spent alot of time on the phone with her today. I am trying to stay honest about my eating because I tend (do) to hide what I do from others.

I don't tell other people that I am trying to lose weight because I am afraid of being judged if I fail. I "think" most people who know me think I have it all together but how could they believe that any way? So I hide and pretend that being over wieght does not bother me and sometimes I can forget but then I get a climpse of myself in a window or (most painful of all) have to go by cloths for work and there it is.

I don't like myself very much right now :cry: that is very sad because I'm a good person and I know it.

I've had some hard times in my life and I know that if I give time time this too shall pass.
If at first you fail your deed,
try again till you succeed.

06/12/04
195/190/goal(145)
Maddie
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby shineface » March 31st, 2004, 6:05 pm

Hi Maddie --

You are not alone here! I know it doesn't make this much easier BUT I understand everything you are thinking and feeling. I am FAT - I have stood in the dressing room trying not to look in the mirror as I try to buy clothes - I went years without looking in the mirror from the neck down because it was too distressing - I have been a sneak eater from the time I was first able to find food on my own - I have avoided social situations because I was feeling lousy about how I looked and felt - I have acted like I had it all together when I felt like my world was caving in around me - and on and on and on....

BUT - ya know what? This is the last time I will ever have to lose this weight -- with MF and this forum I can do it - my numbers are proof positive! I know that during this process I need to re-train myself and find other ways to deal with life other than food -in the past, whether I was happy, sad, afraid, emotional, in pain or feeling on top of the world - the only way to deal with those feelings was to eat. I have had to make so many changes in my life within the past two years and I have gotten the strength to do that --- this is my final BIG LIFETIME battle - FAT & FOOD. I can do this - I WILL do this - I am tired of having a cheeseburger control my life!!! I am tired of being a sneak. I am tired of feeling sick and tired. I need peace in my life and the daily struggle for peace will be more easily handled if I am not constantly being drugged with sugar and carbs to the point of coma.

I know - come to the forum, read and post, be honest, ask questions, vent, joke, rant, whatever --- shake, slurp, drink-drik-drink the water and I will be using all of the tools available to me under this program and I will have success ---- it is all around me on this forum!!!!! I want it and I know you do too - it is here for us - TODAY!

WE WILL do this together!!! :stroll:
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby lorriehartley » March 31st, 2004, 9:34 pm

Today sucked for me! I wanted to quit, still do, but won't. I have been pee'd off that I am on this program, and right now every other program looks a whole lot better than this one. I have had six so called meals, broth, pickle allotment of the day and I want food -- real food. I am not hungry, I am dealing with food demons, they seem to be powerful today.

I put on a pair jeans, they fit no better. I don't have any energy. I have taken enough bubble baths that my skin is dried out. POOP is how I feel.

now that everyone is encouraged, I will go!
God's mercies are renewed everyday.

Lorrie
178/173.5/120
lorriehartley

BINGE CITY

Postby TamiL » April 1st, 2004, 4:30 am

Lorrie
last night sucked for me as well...I let it happen AGAIN...I came home from a class..where I felt overwhelmed..let myself get hungry...my period is coming and I wanted to eat everything I could get my hands on...so low and behold...I come home and was fixing my landlords computer..and she always has goodies around...the next thing I find myself eating half a bag of chocolate covered almonds...then it didnt stop there...I moved on to freshly baked cookies...and then over to pringles...and ate untill I was sick to my stomach. THIS IS SLIP #2 for me..and Im confessing it here...this FOOD WAS NOT FUEL..it was comfort...something I thought I had stopped doing..but obviously...this food demon lives in us all...and sometimes just takes over and gets the best of us!! now after reading Jeanettes post about the GUILT this morning..its not helping...on top of the fact that I feel sick to my stomach...can hardly move and have to go to work feeling this way (I deserve it)....all I can say is TODAY IS A NEW DAY...for some reason..I lost is last night...I wont understand fully WHY...but what I do have to DO is START OVER AGAIN...TODAY...move on...and hope I didnt gain anything back, or do any damage other than push myself out of Ketosis once again....Im sad :cry: and sooooo mad :x at myself right now...
I was on a roll...doing sooo good, but looking at the big picture....I have been doing this for 8 weeks now...the longest I have ever stuck to anything in a long time..and this is the 2nd time I have slipped off...let the demons get me...let the food take over!! just have to get back up...dust myself off...and start again...get the sugar and junk out of my system again...and realize that I WILL NOT QUIT THIS...I have quit every single thing in the past...but I WILL NOT FAIL this...
so Lorrie....DO THIS WITH ME...TODAY..VOW TO START AGAIN..no matter how crappy you feel..or hungry you are...cuz beleive me..I will have the hungries all week now..and go thru the withdrawals all over again....the first few days will be hard..it was that last time I slipped!!
FORGIVE and forget....TODAY IS A NEW DAY...BRAND NEW LORRIE...
DONT GIVE UP ....STAY WITH ME...TOGETHER WE CAN DO THIS!

Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby pinkgeek » April 1st, 2004, 9:50 am

Lorrie and Maddie:

Like everyone has said a million times before, this forum rocks! No one would be here without the help and encouragement of the rest of the group...it takes a village you know? This board has been and IMMENSE source of encouragement and hope. I talk to my husband about it and tell him that this board is one of the top 2 reasons I have stayed with Medifast thus far. Why? Because as everyone knows, you all understand EVERYTHING I am going through...guilt, fear, disappointment, shame, low self-esteem, problems that I have "dealt" with by eating instead of addressing in a healthy, helpful way. It's amazing to know that someone...a whole bunch of great someones...out there understand the entire process, from start to finish, on in to maintenance. I can't wait to be there with the maintainers. Also, give the program time. It does work. I'm on day 11 and I'm finally feeling some of the things that Mike, Jeanette, Pam, Susan, Tami, and the others said I would feel. Last night is the first time that I didn't go home and take a nap and think of my existence as dismal and feel like I'm basically grounded until I lose this weight. I can DO things while it comes off and now that I'm finally feeling a little better, I am excited and this definitely helps you stay on the program. Come here and shout it out when you want to eat and know that there are others writing, thinking, feeling the same thing. But stay true to the program and it will work for you. So many here are budding examples of that. I wanted to eat so many times in the first week and a half that I can't count those times on both hands and feet. I sat next to my husband while he ate all kinds of warm, yummy smelling, enticing things..not because he's a buttafuco, but in an effort to retrain myself. It's getting better. Those smells don't bother me so much anymore. My cravings are passing. I can see changes taking place and that is very exciting. BTW, I posted several posts similar to yours and I got replies saying that our friends here experienced the "hungries" as long as 3 weeks...just know that it will get better. Stick to it...it's like an initiation/Boot Camp into the Medifast club, but the results and benefits are wonderful! We are all here pulling for you guys! Hope this helps!
~Angela

Start date: 3/21/04
195.5/159.5/115
After a week off: Restart 6/7/04
164/154.4/115
pinkgeek
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby elle4nelly » April 1st, 2004, 1:50 pm

Lorie, Tami, Pam and Maddie?

I think something is going on lately....Today...I have lost my Zest for Medifast.... It's almost 4pm here and I am on a stand still!!!!!!!!! I absolutely cannot bear the though of taking in another shake!!! Yet I have had ONLY 1 SHAKE!!! and nibbled on cold turkey!!! I just can't stand these shakes today...but the thought of cheating is sooo not appealing to me. So I think I'll just go to bed with close to no food in my body today!! Hanging on to Medifast is really tough for me today!! I'm not hungry...I'm just BORED with this out of my mind....
I know it will pass ..for all of us... it's just one of these rainy, " God Jesus Mary when will this diet end??? " type of day for me!!!

:cry: :cry:

Nelly
Final Restart on Dec 18th
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby lorriehartley » April 1st, 2004, 3:49 pm

Hi Nelly

We are here to :help:. Get in your car :drive: and and listen to some good ole rock n roll. :yes: You can do this and you will get through it. do you have any of the flavored syrups? This may help break the monotney (sp). :scratchhead:

Suck on a pickle, never thought I would say that and mean it.
What are your hobbies? I like to read, and my new hobby is taking a bubble bath and drinking beef boullion -- how MF is that?

Today is April Fools day, my kids (God Love'em) put duct tape on the butt of my pants and I walked around like that all day. I'm the boss, the employees had a hoot today.

I set all the alarm clocks up 1 1/2 hours in our house, I had my husbands boss call him and ask if he was coming to work today, if so, where was he? My husband was all in a tither :shock: for awhile, it was really funny, it made is day.

My day has been very busy, in my business that is not so good.

LOL,

Lorrie
178/173.5/120
lorriehartley

Postby elle4nelly » April 1st, 2004, 4:03 pm

Lorie Thanks! You made me laugh!

yeah...I'm bored senseless today!!!!!!! I'm going home now..it's 6pm and All I manage to eat was 1 shake , 1 cup of cofee and Turkey. I don't even want anything else.....I just don't even want to look at a shake today!! I'll go home and take a bubble bath ...maybe if I relax I'll get some sense back into me and have a couple more shakes!! I know tomorrow is another day...
I just find myself getting impatient on days like this...Like..Oh Lord when is this diet going to be over with????? Not so I can eat a rack of lamb covered with ben & jerry icecream... just to have this battle finish with would make my day..... I'm in a hurry to get to goal on days like this...'cause ...I don't want the boredom to linger...Thanks for the flavoring ideas....I'll try them.....HUGH.. :( somebody save me from this lethargic shaking mode... send an alert to everyone....
The Thinville train conductor is bored to death....

Nelly :oops: :(
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby elle4nelly » April 1st, 2004, 4:20 pm

By the way Lorie???

Can I suck a rack of Lamb the way you did that pickle?? If I promise not to bite in to it???? He he !! :D ;)
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby lorriehartley » April 1st, 2004, 8:35 pm

Well no! :shock: Absolutely no lamb sucking :o aloud. You know you have been on MF for over two days if at any point in time lamb sucking :bib: sounds tempting. Dear Lord, help us and help the lambs.

Hang in there! Hang high, hang low, just hang on. We are here for you!

:D

Lorrie
178/173.5/120
lorriehartley

Postby TamiL » April 1st, 2004, 9:58 pm

for my Thinville Conductor...you just hang tight girlfriend..and the rest of you..our train to thinville was never meant to be a smooth ride...its quite bumpy for me latley..and too others as well!! but together..we will smooth out this ride.... ;)

choooo... choooooo...the train is movin...hold on...dont de-rail on us ....you are all needed here!! I NEED YOU ALL!!

Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby elle4nelly » April 2nd, 2004, 8:54 am

:D

Thank you Guys!! Yesterday was rough!! Total stand-off!! I did manage to get in 1 shake and a soup by bed times. It really wasn't the shakes...but rather me beating myself out! Every diet I've ever quit was because of boredom and impatience! Those are my diet demons!!!!!!!! I get eventually to a place where I beat myself!! And I get crazy thoughts...Oh why did I gain all that weight?? How stupid are you? You are so out of control, had you not gained all that weight you wouldn't be on this endless diet....Can't you do anything right?...Now spring is here and you're still overweight... And lord..How long to I have to guzzle these shakes? Maybe I should just quit and be happy with what I've lost so far..and it goes on... and on....

But this morning it's back to business... I am still feeling a little bored with dieting and wishing I was at goal so I could go enjoy some wine and light fares outdoors wearing a cute little spring number..
OH NOOOO ...Miss Nelly is paying the price for not taking care of herself when she was real thin and now..another spring will go by with me covering my Lard a...s as usual......

well enough complaining....back to my shakes....

Nelly
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby Landylue » April 2nd, 2004, 7:36 pm

Ladies, ladies, ladies, my BEAUTIFUL ladies!!! I have missed reading your posts sooooooo much! The laptop I took on my trip wouldn't connect to the Internet through the hotel lines, and I was without my support group all week. I was dumbfounded Monday night when I couldn't get to this forum. Dang, I really missed you guys.

My heart goes out to each of you that had such a rough week. I wish we could just get together for one HUGE group hug! But, you know what I noticed--you're all still here! Nobody gave up on themselves, nobody caved in and quit, and nobody fell by the wayside. You guys are troopers! You are infinitely stronger than you think you are. I greatly admire each of you. You all did EXACTLY what you were supposed to do--hang on!

You make me proud!

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Return to The Weight Room