If I had only known then...

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

If I had only known then...

Postby KellyC » March 13th, 2008, 7:40 pm

In this thread, we share our MF tips & tricks.

For me, I struggled so much with the oatmeal and soups at the beginning.. they would explode in the microwave.. the TVP in the chix noodle and the veggies in the chix wild rice would get so gummy.. it was horrible.. oatmeal was always too runny, or would cook into a sort of lumpy chewy thing and adding water didn't help.. cooking on the stove took too long and wasn't always an option.....

My solution was an electric kettle.. heat to boiling, pour over oatmeal or soups while whisking with a fork... voila.. perfect every time.

Your turn. :)
KellyC
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Mike » March 13th, 2008, 10:23 pm

Umm... well, Chunky soups... nuke for 30 seconds... let it sit. Nuke for another minute.

Oatmeals... deep bowl, mix well to begin with, nuke for a minute, let sit a minute.

Eggs... never microwave... make em like ya would scrambled eggs, but let em sit for about 5 minutes before cooking.

Hot drinks... nuke the water for a minute, then add the mix and stir with my little minimixer.

Other than that, no problems (just remember, when nuking in spouted bottle, always leave the spout open and never use a straw... otherwsie...instant volcano).

;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby DogMa » March 14th, 2008, 8:56 am

Never put hot water and cocoa in the shaker bottle and then shake. Unless you want cocoa all over your keyboard (and want to smell old Medifast cocoa for the next few months).
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby ladyhawke » March 14th, 2008, 11:00 am

Omg Robin, a few months ago I heated the cocoa up on the stove and it was too lumpy for some reason, I was in a hurry as my realtor was coming over with clients to look at my house for sale and I just cleaned the whole place and it looked beautiful, anyway I put said lumpy cocoa that was kinda hot in the Magic Bullet to get the lumps out, bad move, it exploded, knocked the top off, sprayed everywhere in the kitchen, even on the 18 foot high ceiling, I had to scramble and get the big ladder to clean off the white ceiling, it wouldn't come off, so I painted it, with some white car touch-up paint I had under the sink!

What a mess!
ladyhawke
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Mike » March 14th, 2008, 11:10 am

All proof of physics. Hot gases expand... lol. :mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Weight Loss