H20 and Water Retention

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

H20 and Water Retention

Postby MARIE » July 5th, 2006, 3:53 pm

HI ALL!

Well, I am new and on my 2nd day!! I feel pretty good and this forum, as I have said in my few other post/questions, is such a lifeline. I appreciate the help, encouragement, and need it. It is hard for me to share in this with my husband because he is thin and fit and I have been that too, been up and down much of my life, but am in the worst place I have been weight-wise. I feel committed to go the long haul, but know it will be tough at times and am so glad I can come here. ANYWAY, I have a question re: drinking so much water...I know it is good for us and important on this plan, but has anyone ever RETAINED water (got bloated, etc.) from so much water? Sometimes drinking alot of water affects me that way instead of the flushing out, as it is supposed to, and I am wondering if anyone else has run into this?

Thanks-
MARIE
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby alpha femme » July 5th, 2006, 3:56 pm

consistant intake of water will stop your body from trying to retain it. give it a few days. i used to retain water like my body was preparing to cross the sahara on foot. not so much now.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Happy Day Two

Postby alohacate » July 5th, 2006, 4:04 pm

Happy Day Two! Hang in there :-P

Start Date: June 26
Start Weight: 250
Pounds Lost: 14
Current Weight: 236
Height: 5'10
Goal Weight: 150
alohacate
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Mike » July 5th, 2006, 8:28 pm

as Csula said, once you start drinking the water, your body will wash out the extra electrolytes that tend to cause you to retain water. Although the minimum is 64 oz (which is what you should be drinking anyways.... the AMA says 8 cups of water a day = 64 oz) - its probably a good idea to drink a little more than that once you get past the bloated stage.
If you get to where you have leg cramps or are getting light headed, try having a fast soup or have a potassium supplement and a little bit of sodium to help with that.
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Hi

Postby dede4wd » July 5th, 2006, 10:53 pm

Hi and Welcome!

I hope day 2 went well for you! I'm glad you're with us and please ask us anything you need to!

DeDe
dede4wd

Postby Arklahoma » July 6th, 2006, 6:10 am

Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to Come on in.