Guess what I just got?!?!

Add your favorite recipes.

Guess what I just got?!?!

Postby bk » May 27th, 2005, 7:52 am

A magic bullet!! I found one locally for cheap, so I grabbed that puppy and it just arrived home. My next supplement isn't until 12:30 or so, so I have to wait to play with it!

How much water/ice does everyone use?

And for those of you with lots of davinci experience, what's the difference between amaretto/almond, french vanilla/vanilla, and hazelnut/toasted hazelnut? I've been waiting to get some of these, but now that winter is disappearing and summer is coming, I think I'm going to be making a lot more shakes (and I thought I'd use them in Italian sodas, too!).

Any advice is appreciated :lol: I haven't done anything but shake up my shakes in one of those tupperware/rubbermaid shaker jars, so I'm excited to do some different things.
bk
Preferred Member - #50 Club

MB

Postby Seaside » May 27th, 2005, 8:11 am

Dear BK, You'll love your magic bullet! Just be sure not to run it more than about a minute at a time (seldom do you need to do that anyway) without letting the motor cool. Alot of people on the HSN comment board complained of burning the motor out, but I have never had that problem.

Don't know about those syrups; right now my favorite is the sugar-free caramel. It makes the icky vanilla shakes positively yummy and the banana blitz shakes even better. Better be careful I don't burn out on those!

For a cool, but not icy, shake I use 2 ice cubes, the packet and syrups and water about 3/4 of the way up those great travel mugs (or the larger of the two bullet cups). I use 3 -4 cubes for a slushier drink. Mmmm. Time for mine. See you!
Seaside
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby doglover » May 27th, 2005, 8:35 am

Hey Bk! I really love mine too! I used crushed ice and then put water in and the whole thing is about 3/4 full, then I add my shake and syrups. I've not had the flavors you mentioned so can't help you out there.

The shakes are so thick and creamy out of the bullet. I love it! I too am using a lot more shakes now that it is warmer. Not warm like Jamaica, but warmer! ;)
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby bk » May 27th, 2005, 9:22 am

oh, go ahead and tease about jamaica! :) what a nice break it must have been from this nasty weather!

i read in a couple places about using the smaller or crushed ice. i think i'm going to get me some of those mini ice cube trays to help out the blender a bit. plus the mini cubes are SO darling!

about half an hour to my first bulleted shake! your descriptions on how much to add have really helped. i'm totally clueless about this.

after some massive net searching i see that the vanilla & hazelnut are the preferred flavors, so i will go with those. i sent my best friend the list of syrups and we are trying to put in an order today (with an east coast distributor) so that it comes in by the time she visits (next week!). i looked at some of the italian soda recipes on the website and those look super yummy too. I can have my boys concoct mocktails for me while they glug away on their adult beverages. (I have a feeling the wee bullet is going to see its fair share of rum). And we can make fruit flavored slushies for when it's hot. I'm excited about this little puppy!
bk

Postby bk » May 27th, 2005, 10:04 am

Ummmmmm. I must have done SOMETHING wrong, because I thought it was horrible! I typically shake up my shake and leave it in the fridge for a bit for maximum plumpage. I thought this was gritty & awful. I guess next time I'll shake it up in the jar, let it set in the fridge, then throw in some ice, and then blend? Also I think I'll cut back on the water to compensate for the ice.

Poop.
bk

Postby dlr2424 » May 27th, 2005, 10:51 am

BK---------where did you find your bullet and was it on sale? ........ :?: I'm contemplating getting one...... :hmmm: ......although I can't imagine loving my shakes more than I do now............I put them in the blender w/10 oz of water 5 ice cubes and syrup.........and it is heaven..... :angel: .....just to let you know...........Wally World (at least my local one) has a few flavors of the DaVinci Syrups in the smaller bottles for 3.50 each...........or Marshalls & TJ Max has them as well............I have the spiced chai and use that with just water.....nuke it......and it makes a great tea....... :yay: .......for the vanilla shakes I use pumpkin pie spice....it is excellent (well for me it is)...........I've only used the P Butter/Rasberry/Caramel so far.......with chocolate shakes (not all together)..........have fun experimenting........and have a great weekend!!!!!!!!
Donna....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424

Postby bk » May 27th, 2005, 11:58 am

I got mine off of craigslist (online free classifieds). Someone had bought 2 in some promotion, I got the second one. Last month I got a west bend electric grill that was BRAND NEW for FREE. Love CL!

We have no wally world! Closest one's an hour away. Amusingly enough, Massachusetts is home to the TJ Maxx conglomerate, but they've only got one downtown, which I've been in exactly once. If I'm going to haul my butt downtown for shopping, it's going to be for m-a-c-y-s!

Hah! PB/Raspberry/Caramel alltogether sounded pretty good! You may hear about me trying it!!!!!
bk

Postby bk » May 27th, 2005, 2:02 pm

Okay, now we're in business people!

I added 6 oz of water to my mug, my dutch chocolate packet & a pinch of banana, whirred it, and stuck it in the fridge. When I was ready I added one ice and man was it dreamy & scrumptious! I almost passed out it was sooooooo tasty!

After my first craptastic attempt, I am now completely converted. I love that I don't have to lug out ye olde kitchenaide. I'm laughing to myself because I've never used a blender except to make frozen (alky) drinks. Hah! When I was a kid my gramma used to make me alba 77 with banana and this reminded me of that.

Once I get my syrup I'm going to be a bulleting maniac! I have this long narrow shelf above my countertops that I'm planning to install a whole davinci library in. Right now it just has various crap on it, but soon it will have tons of tast-a-riffic flavors.
bk

Postby Nickinva » May 28th, 2005, 11:17 pm

My first attempt with my MB was sooooo good -- I used 6oz h2o and 3 ice cubes. I loved the added ice so much that the next time i put in 5 ice cubes.... BIIIIG mistake! I like my shakes frothy, but with an icy texture -- not so i need to crack a hole on the top to get to the inner sweetness.

Ive been reading so much about these da vinci shakes, i didnt realize i could run out to "Wally World" and get myself some!! Ohhh and they have little sample packs, GREAT! Ill report back on my favorite flavors for the dutch choco shakes.
MF 6 Shake program
Start Date: 4/27/05
End Date 6/27/05
Went from 240 to 195
Nickinva
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby 2getskinny » May 29th, 2005, 12:48 am

Hi everyone! I will be starting back on my MF Monday! I bought me a magic bullet at Khols a lot cheaper then on TV! So I will be reading up on it and using it come Monday! I can't wait!

Happy shaking!
2getskinny

Magic Bullet Magic

Postby Seaside » May 29th, 2005, 2:07 am

It's fun to hear about everyone else's experiences with this little wonder. I'm seeing it on the infomercials 2 for 100 bucks. My favorite feature is the party mugs -- blend, drink, go!

Today I bought some Thai tea from our local Laotian market, the kind that you make Thai iced tea with. Normally this is made with sweetened condensed milk, but I think I will try a version with the vanilla shake mix (what have I got to lose?) :lol:

If you ever get this stuff, it tastes wonderful and is a very interesting shade of orange: just be sure to wipe up any spills immediately because the Thai tea will stain just about anything it touches.
Seaside

Postby bk » May 29th, 2005, 9:19 am

I will have to add more ice to mine, especially now that it's getting warmer!

The infomercial is soooooo cheesy, but now that I know how to use mine, I just love it.

Seaside, I think your thai iced shake idea is really cute! Let us know how it goes! I like the idea that it's completely different :)
bk

Postby fatBgone » May 29th, 2005, 11:59 am

Hi - I am planning on going to "Wally World" later today and was wondering where the DaVinci Syrups in the small sizes are at? I looked the other day but couldn't find them...so maybe I was looking in the wrong part of the store and the lady that was helping me (or trying to help me) didn't know what I was talking about. Thanks!!
Lisa
fatBgone
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby dlr2424 » May 29th, 2005, 5:36 pm

Lisa.........they had them in the food/condiment isle..... :huh: ....only the larger walmart's (that carry food) must have them because the one closest to me did not have them....... :roll: .....good luck..............
donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424

Postby fatBgone » May 29th, 2005, 7:58 pm

Thanks Donna....do you mean where the ketchup, mustard & stuff is? I'll check it out tomorrow now....it's pouring here and I just got my jammies on...(not that you wanted to know that...hehe!)

Hey....I just noticed we have the same ticker this week.....did I copy you or you copy me? I'll have to send you a threatening PM about that later!!
:roflmao: (you know I'm KIDDING!!)
Lisa
fatBgone
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Next

Return to Lean Cuisine