I'm going to keep trying

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

I'm going to keep trying

Postby muffin » February 8th, 2004, 6:54 pm

Hi all. Thank you for all the nice posts. Well I have been cheating just a little bit. I'll be going along fine for about 2 days then i'll have something bad. Although I've maintaned the 5 pounds i've lost so far, I need to be in ketosis. I had ritz crackers & pnut butter tonight and that was after the small piece of pizza I had earlier. Then yesterday I was at a birthday party and you can guess what I had there. I just wanna get on a roll. I stand and run around all day at work I need the energy. Tomorow is Monday and I want to make a fresh start. I will only drink the RTD boxes now. I like them much better. My current weight is 187 as of now. I will stay TRUE this whole week, and I'm not gett'n on that scale not even once till Sunday morning when I post my loss. and PS. aunt flo is visiting all this week-- So cross your fingers for me !! (sorry guys)
muffin
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Marci » February 8th, 2004, 11:38 pm

Muffin

Looks like we are in the same boat except I can make it to the 4th or 5th day before I splash in the water. Have you read the book 'Life is Hard, Food is Easy'? Terry suggested it to me and I have just started reading it. I think that it's gonna help me think through the process of why I feel like I need to be shoving food in my mouth and is gonna help me focus on what the big plan is. And for me, that's losing all this fat and being healthy and not being out of breath after one flight of stairs, fitting in that airplane seat and having room to move. There are so many reasons and most of all is my nephew Kylander. I don't get to see him often but I want to be able to slide down the slide on his swingset and not be scared it gonna snap in half.

Anyway, keep your chin up and know that there are lots of us in the same place you are. (Sometimes I am so wise . . . just wish that I could practice what I preach!!)

If you need a buddy I'm always on line at night. I'm on AOL and my messenger thingy is Mrcidvs (I think??). Maybe we could talk each other through a slip.

Take care and Peace. Tomorrow is another day!
Marci :D

Height 5' 7"
232/220/150ish
started 1/14/2004

The cutie in the picture with me is my nephew Ky
Marci
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby finalstraw » February 9th, 2004, 9:27 am

Muffin,

I don't have really great info for you. Unfortunately, to change your eating habits, which is what we are doing, it is 90% mental.

Search through the old post and find how others finally got over the hurtle without knocking it down. Here is one for example:

http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/view ... ht=clicked
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw
Preferred Member - #30 Club

slip up

Postby TamiL » February 9th, 2004, 12:47 pm

Hey Muffin
dont be too hard on yourself..the best thing to do after a slip and fall is to pick yourself back up..dust yourself off and get right back into the game girl!!

I really enjoy the ready to drink shakes while IM at work...they are fast and easy..but then I cant wait to get home to make a shake in my blender with ice and lots of extra taste...pour it in to a big tall glass and slurp on it for a while!! I love the tomato soup as well...that is filling!!

I think our minds do play tricks on us..it takes over and tells us we want the food...so we have it..instant gradification, but what we want isnt going to come in an instant..its going to come overtime when we learn to teach our minds about the BIG PICTURE...to stay focused on the vision of what we want...and that will help us overcome the tricks that get thrown at us from time to time!!

Your wedding is on November...just keep that vision of yourself in your mind..in that dress..looking how you want to look...it may seem worlds away..but it will be here before you know it! YOU CAN DO THIS!!
we all can..come here for support at times of weakness! thats what we are all here for!! read all the struggles and successes....
just dont give up!!

keep shakin
Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Return to The Weight Room