Goal for special day

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Goal for special day

Postby big ron » January 12th, 2006, 9:52 pm

On May 3,1986 I married my highschool :heart: sweetheart. This May 3rd will be our 20th anniversary :whoohoo: and I wanted something special for that event. I have set a goal for myself to be down 100 lbs for our anniversary. I feel a special motivation that is driving me to get this done. We have one child who is grown up and we are essentially empty nesters. My wife is game for mostly anything and loves to travel as do I however we have to :redprowl: drive everywhere because Airplane seats are made for slim people. I want to get to a point that we can fly and take her back to new england which is where we are from to see family more often. Next month I have a national buisiness meeting with my company in Las Vegas, we are driving because I dont want to attempt airplane seats. We miss out on so many things due to our weight that take away from life. My ultimate goal will be to be down 200lbs by November so we can fly :pigsfly: :pigsfly: home for thanksgiving. It is an agressive goal and may not be achievable but if it is not attempted it wont be achieved. Sorry for rambling
Restart 9-10-2007
big ron
Preferred Member - #30 Club

New Goal

Postby Jan » January 12th, 2006, 9:53 pm

Well Ron .... I see a trip on a plane to New England in your future.
:D jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby big ron » January 12th, 2006, 9:56 pm

thanks Jan, by the way my wifes name is Janet
Restart 9-10-2007
big ron
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby mama2benandrachel » January 13th, 2006, 4:13 am

Hi Ron,

What a motivation you are! I think Janet is one of the most blest women around! She has a wonderful husband who is committed to getting well; not only for himself, but for her too!

What an awesome 20th anniversery present to both of you!!!!
Take care and God Bless,
Judy <><

1st MF start: 9/9/2005
1st restart: 10/16/2006
2nd restart: 9/9/2007

mama2benandrachel
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby ljm498 » January 13th, 2006, 6:51 am

Ron, what a great husband you are! And I know you will reach your goal. You have such determination that you can't miss! And what a great feeling it will be to be able to go wherever, whenever you want with no worries. And what a gift to give the both of you!
Lynne

Me 34
DH 41
DS 1
Dcats Pookie & Poto

Started 3/28/05
Starting Weight 214.5
Current Weight 125
Goal Weight 115-120
Total Lost 89.5 lbs!!! Wahoo!!!
ljm498
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Lauren » January 13th, 2006, 7:22 am

Ron, I just keep thinking how much fun all these "new" experiences will be for you! What's best about MF is that you can dream big, because the weight really does come off, and you're not fooling yourself by pushing for 100# by May. Is it aggressive? Yeah. But possible? Absolutely.

Just keep your chin up and your eye on the prize: the opportunity to make the next 20 years of your marriage more fun and fabulous and active than the first!

We're all pulling for you, Ron!

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby Hyperion » January 13th, 2006, 8:46 am

Hey Ron!

You got married on May 3rd? It will be your 20th wedding anniversary this year?

I was born on May 3rd, and it's gonna be my 22nd anniversary.

I'm not superstitious, but my goal was to be done with weight loss phase, transition, and be on "lifelong" maintenance to be healthy again, with a life full of veggies, exercice, etc... And most important, I wrote myself a letter to do this gift to me and my girlfriend. I even think I wrote this on November 3rd, when I joined this group...

Coïncidence? Couldn't say... But your description on your first post match almost exactly what I promised my girlfriend...

Definitely a good sign on what's coming up :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
264/150
Began: 2005-11-03
Finished: Never

Went to 150, then began gym to build some muscle; currently 173.8! (Need to cut some fat)

<b>Discipline is the art of choosing between what you want now, and what you want the most.</b>
Hyperion
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Serendipity » January 13th, 2006, 10:36 am

Ron,

I think it's great to have things to look forward to. You very well may reach that goal and even if you don't, you'll be well on your way. As for flying, You will definately be able to fly by November if you stick to the plan.

My anniversary is on June 26. It'll be our 30th! To celebrate, we have booked a cruise out of NYC to Bermuda, and then on the the Caribbean. I am so looking forward to spending time at the pool and hot tub this time. Every cruise I've been on, I avoided the pool area because it just made me feel badly. I won't be quite to my goal by then, but I'll be "presentable", lol. This time, I'll also have so much more energy. I won't have to be a spectator.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby dlr2424 » January 13th, 2006, 11:37 am

Ron....... :D .....your future is so bright you may need to wear your shades............ :thumbup: .............God Bless you and Janet on your upcoming anniversary....... :yes: ....your goal is surely doable and we are all here to cheer you on ........... :cheerleader: ...............where in New England are you from if you don't mind me asking?...... :hide: .......just thought if you where close by we could have a mediparty........ :yay: .......

Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Gwenski » January 13th, 2006, 3:52 pm

Okay Ron - that is it, where does one find more like you? Seriously, that is the coolest most romatic and loving thing I have ever heard. Janet is one lucky lady. Cannot wait to see what happens by May AND see PG photos of the 20th Anniversary! What greater gift of love to give than yourself!!!!

Okay you know you all said it in your heads and out loud....group "Ahhhhh!"

Ready?!??....................Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

YOU WILL DO THIS!!!!
Gwenski

Began July 6, 2005 & Originally lost 131.19#'s
New Start Date: November 8, 2008
Gwenski

Return to The Weight Room