GinaGumbo

1 Thread per registered User.

GinaGumbo

Postby ginagumbo » November 28th, 2006, 4:56 pm

Well here goes............

My name is Gina..36 (37 in a few days OMG)...hubby w/ no weight problem, mom is in MS (1000 miles away) no weight problem. I am only child and a momma's girl. I swear she would loose the weight for me if she could. I hate to see the pain in her eyes when she realizes I have still not stuck to another diet or lost any weight. I saw her around Labor Day and will be going back to MS at Christmas.

2 year old Yorkie is Gumbo......and one of my favorite foods.....you know seafood....shrimp gumbo.....(yum) and the name of the mascot for the New Orleans Saints....

yep I am a long time Saints fan........tried and true

Geaux Saints

Not sure what all to babble about here.....

So far so good with everything. I may have had to many veggies last night.

One day at a time right?

Till tomorrow
G
ginagumbo

Postby casma500 » November 28th, 2006, 5:50 pm

welcome gina! starting a journal is exactly the right thing -- you just post whatever is happening in your MF day ~ and your emotions :)

Welcome aboard!
~ Be Yourself -- Everyone Else is Already Taken ~
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby bikipatra » November 29th, 2006, 2:10 am

I am a big football fan too! Welcome!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

11/29

Postby ginagumbo » November 29th, 2006, 9:56 pm

Last night I started getting that little tickle in my throat.....during the night I had a handful of cough drops. All I could find in the house...

This morning...full blown sore throat....hubby went and got me some chloraseptic. It is getting better.

I was cold the past 2 days. IT has been 60 around here since Turkey Day. Very strange around here. On Saturday went with my Mom and sis in law to see WICKED in downtown Chicago. IT WAS AWESOME. But lugging around this large fat body, getting SOOOOOO warm. I am always thirsty. ( I am borderline diabetic, grandma was diabetic and mom had gestational diabetes with me) They always pick on me because I have the bladder of a rock. But to tell you the truth I think I sweat it all out. You say boo....I sweat. This was another one of those last straws.....of embarrassment that I need....have to lose this weight!!!

But I have learned to have a strong bladder from all the traveling I do as well. Some places you do not want to go potty if you don't have to!!

So I think that tromping around did not help, I just thought the chills were from starting medifast since they say that can happen.

I thought it was strange because I NEVER get cold.

Today would have been my Granny's 100th birthday. She passed away in 1992. She had 12 kids and I was the only grandkid she baby sat. My parents got divorced when I was 6, she wanted to adopt me. She was a farmer's wife, whose husband passed away falling out of barn loft in the early 60's. She was not educated or well off, she dipped snuff and chewed tobacco. There was a spit toon by her chair. She loved her afternoon shows on TV (soaps). I don't think she ever wore a bra or a pair of pants. But to this day I always feel she is my guardian angel. Nope she wasn't skinny either but honestly I don't remember her health problems.
Start Date: 11/27/06 - 281
ginagumbo

Postby bikipatra » November 30th, 2006, 5:20 am

Gina, I hope you feel better soon. I am glad hubby was so helpful.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby Serendipity » November 30th, 2006, 5:56 am

Gina, I saw Wicked in Pittsburgh last year......loved it! I still find myself humming the tunes.

I have similar memories about my gramma....sans the spitoon.....but the no bra and panties thing and the soaps. She didn't have much either, but she loved us and her house was a safe haven. What I remember about her is......big flowered house dress standing in front of me with open arms ready for a cuddle.

Thanks for reminding me of that.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Return to My Journal