Getting What You Want

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Getting What You Want

Postby Out*With*The*Old » December 10th, 2007, 10:00 am

I’ve been reading (re-reading, actually) one of my favorite books: You Can’t Afford the Luxury of a Negative Thought / A book for people with any life threatening illness - - including life by Peter McWilliams. There’s a lot of profound and very useful stuff in his book! I was given the book when I was 19 and diagnosed with an Inoperable Brain Tumor and told I had roughly a year to live. The book was very inspirational and helpful then and it remains so today. Truly, it is a book that any of us can use in our daily life. I am in the midst of reading it again (for likely the 50th time) and recently came across his chapter titled You can have ANYTHING you want - - you just can’t have EVERYTHING you want. In the chapter he outlines steps to get anything you want. As I read them, I thought they were very applicable to me and to my MediFast journey. So, I wanted to share the highlights with you in hopes that you’ll find them of value too!

Steps to getting ANYTHING you want:

1. Focus your attention on what you want - - become obsessed with it!
2. Visualize and imagine yourself doing or having what you desire
3. Be enthusiastic about getting it and having it!
4. Know exactly what you want – WRITE IT DOWN!
5. Desire it above all else (don’t get caught up in desiring it as an item of worship – that’s not how this step is intended)
6. Know you can have it and become actively involved in whatever is needed to get it
7. DO THE WORK REQUIRED
8. Give up all attitudes and activities opposing your goal
9. Pretend you already have it
10. Be thankful for what you already have

I hope these help you on your journey!
Out*With*The*Old
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Mike » December 10th, 2007, 3:29 pm

Great idea Kym. Thanks. :mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby lifelovinaries » December 10th, 2007, 6:34 pm

Can you tell me the steps to follow in order to get EVERYTHING i want? Only kidding. Wonderful post. I always say picture/focus on the positive, it eventually comes to you.

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Out*With*The*Old » December 10th, 2007, 6:48 pm

I wish I could, Erica! But the book says ya can't have EVERYTHING you want. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Out*With*The*Old
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to Weight Loss