It's fun being a girl...

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

It's fun being a girl...

Postby BerkshireGrl » March 13th, 2005, 7:05 pm

Today, feeling all high on Medifast (in a good way), I went to my local Filene's and spent a bit o' cash.

Came away with:

* Pair of Bill Blass boot-cut jeans in a size 12W (unzippable now but they are my incentive! My size 14W pair fits my thighs, but the waist is way too big, so I have to cinch them in like a drawstring bag with a belt. You can guess this "outfit" needs a covering shirt hehehe!). And the new pair only cost $12 bucks! (Get out!)

* 3 pairs new Liz Claiborne earrings (cheapies, $11-$16, but very nice looking... gold hoops, diamond-encrusted thin hoops for Boston, and gold hoops with tiny green glass charms.)

* Pair of Clark black leather slides to replace my beloved old pair I had to trash last week because the soles cracked open. It is so nice to have comfy, and good-looking shoes! This is usually an oxymoron, but these look very European and cool ;)

* Nine West tote bag - black nylon with all kinds of funky colored hearts on it, lined in bubblegum pink fabric.

* Small bottle of Clinique "Happy" perfume - and a free gift bonus gift bag with all kinds of goodies in it, including a really nice lipstick. (Score.)

I might not be at my goal, but dang, I'm gonna look good GETTING THERE too! :lol:
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby raederle » March 13th, 2005, 7:42 pm

Woo-hoo! A girl does have to look good on her trip to Thinville. Besides, you need new, smaller clothing to let you know that you're losin'.... Wearin' big old baggy jeans doesn't give people the chance to say, "My, Sarah, your butt looks much smaller this week..." :mrgreen:

Is Clinique going to develop a perfume named "Skinny"? I suppose it would smell just like "Happy"... :mrgreen:
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby 24KaratGold » March 13th, 2005, 8:34 pm

Oooo, what fun! How awesome! And I love to hear that at 196 you're in a 14W solidly, and a 12W almost, 'cause it lets me know when I might be there too! Your purchases sound wonderful, and yes, isn't it always a great day when you do that for yourself? I know cause I, um, sort of did it myself today. :angel:

Congratulations!
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby purplepansy » March 14th, 2005, 8:22 am

Keeping me from eating, I go shopping!! I love to shop and a bargain is even better. "happy" is one of my fave's.. and it is so springy.
I'm not ready to splurge on clothing yet as I have such a long way to go :x ... but watch out filenes...
205/195/128

Curvy Vixen waiting to be emerged
purplepansy
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Guest » March 14th, 2005, 9:13 am

Hey BERKSHIREGrl,
My name is Sara too. We have more in common. I love Filenes. I used to work at the one in downtown crossings Boston. I was a mgr. at Estee Lauder!! I loved it. But moved back to NY in 1994. I miss Boston. Sounds like great deals that you got !!! Sara

Postby Unca_Tim » March 14th, 2005, 11:04 am

Do they carry power tools too?
:roflmao:
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby monkeymom » March 14th, 2005, 11:44 am

Adorable Unca_Tim..........just adorable ;)

Berk.......I'm so glad you had such a happy shopping time. Those natural MediFast highs are the best, aren't they?
Vicki
255 - 1/29/08
monkeymom

Postby TamiL » March 15th, 2005, 6:38 am

Hey Sarah!!
I havent posted in so long it seems!! so many new people aboard the train to thinville with us!! I still have my struggle days..but Im plugging away at it!! Im still in love with the bannana shakes....OOOOH lala....one of those with a little water and ice..with a splash of Peanut butter Divinchi SF syrup...and Im in heaven!!
Well....Glad you went out and "splurged" a bit on yourself..we all deserve that when we can do it!! I have the same problem with pants...I always have to get the waist "taken" in...cuz the hip and thigh area fit great..but the waist is way too big!! I have a seamstress that does a great job on taking in my pants at the waist!! those of us who have that hourglass figure...or who are starting to SEE that hourglass figure again...know the troubles of finding pants that fit just right!! :)
anyhoooo..whats this trip to Boston???? anything special going on? youll have to let me know..maybe we can hook up!! Im not a big City girl..Only usually go into Boston when Im going to the airport...but its a fun City if you have time to explore it!! :)

Happy shakin to you and everyone...... ;)
Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL

Return to The Weight Room