Found an easy way to get my water in

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Found an easy way to get my water in

Postby Mommy2girls » May 23rd, 2005, 3:31 pm

I was going through my cupboard and found a couple of tall plastic glasses. My normal daily glasses hold about 16 oz of water. Well, I measured my "found" cups and they hold about 24 oz of water.

It is sooooo much easier for me to think "3 of these" rather than trying to keep track with my smaller cups. I usually do at least 3 of the BIG CUPS and then sometimes more. It's amazing how much easier it is to keep track.

Another trick I've been using for about a year now, is to ALWAYS HAVE WATER WITH DINNER. I have 2 small girls and they get apple juice, milk, sometimes diet soda (that is all we usually have in the house is diet) throughout the day, so I figure by the time dinner rolls around, water should suffice. And yes, my kids actually like water! :shock: I've taken to buying the little tiny bottles of water so we can grab them and go when we are out running around, and a lot of times they will ask for WATER! My 4 year old will say "water is the best drink ever" (we have sort of coached that into her... :lol: )

Anyway, just thought I would share my tips!
Sheila
Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby purplepansy » May 24th, 2005, 7:00 am

hi shelia, thanx for the tip. My daughter has to drink loads of water because she has a bladder condition. I buy the lil bottles and she totes them around. I need to learn from her. I buy the liter seltzer bottles, drink a seltzer then I fill it with water. That has helped me....
keep shakin~
205/195/128

Curvy Vixen waiting to be emerged
purplepansy
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Mommy2girls » May 25th, 2005, 1:16 pm

You are welcome purplepansy...I just wanted to say that I think this was a big reason I lost 4lbs this week instead of my plateau of 2lbs. (I think I did 3 weeks in a row with only -2lbs...which was okay...just ready to push it up a bit!)

WATER WATER WATER, got water on my mind....

Sheila
Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby sister » May 25th, 2005, 4:00 pm

I think it's great the kids catch on so easily!
Often, at a restaurant when asked what she wants to drink, my 4 year old will say "water." The waitperson is almost always shocked. My kids prefer water most of the time.
Proves example, example, example really works!
Sherri
sister
Trusted Member - #60 Club

Return to The Weight Room