Former Fatty Now Wears Spandex

Post your before/after pictures here.
Clothing required...:)

Former Fatty Now Wears Spandex

Postby Nancy » November 3rd, 2004, 9:29 am

Hi, Kids!

Here’s Leopard Woman wearing a new leopardy outfit!

After a day of snorkeling near Hanalei, we made an ice cream stop at Lappert’s in Princeville (because we can!). While I was enjoying my scoop of pineapple and coconut ice cream, my friend BonBon snooped around the shops and spied this outrageous outfit.

She promptly grabbed me by my bathing suit strap and dragged me into the boutique. “Ya gotta try this on, Nancy! It’s perfect! It’s just YOU!”Well, you know what? She was right! BonBon and Steve bought it for me for my birthday. Here I am wearing that new outfit!

Losing weight certainly is not easy but Medifast makes it so much easier than any other program I have ever tried. And trust me, I have tried them ALL! It is convenient to take along on a vacation or a short trip.

Here I am enjoying a little aperitif, poolside – because I stuck with the weight loss phase until I reached my goal and then went through the transition process, I am able to happily enjoy special little goodies along the way with no guilt.

Well, when vacation poundage occurs, no worries! (Yes, some vacation flabbage is bound to happen but it is easy to get off – ya just have to be disciplined, add a few more shakes and a little less regular foods upon your return from vacation and soon, the extra baggage is history.)

Check out that nice smooth, tan and very slender back – uh, well I'm just doing a little shoppage at the Spouting Horn.

This is a very cool place to visit – Spouting Horn is a lava tube near Lawai Beach. As the waves come towards the shore, water spouts up through the lava tube and sprays into the air. It also makes a weird groaning, moaning sound. It reminds me of a junior version of Old Faithful without the smelly rotten egg odor! Vendors have little grass ‘huts’ and display their wares daily from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. We got some wonderful bargains there!

Here’s Terry and Leopard Woman posing near the shrubs at the Hyatt.

Have you noticed how great my skin looks? So many people ask me about skin flappage after having lost such a huge amount of weight…if you saw Lorrie, the 34-year old woman on the recent FOX television show, The Swan – please KNOW that my tummy does NOT look like hers! I am considerably older than Lorrie, (56 years old) and my skin looks FABULOUS because Medifast is muscle-sparing. That means that I lost the fluffy and not the muscle tissue.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby purplepansy » November 17th, 2004, 7:03 am

nancy you are soo beautiful and and so glam!! :-P
205/195/128

Curvy Vixen waiting to be emerged
purplepansy
Trusted Member - #10 Club

GREAT pix

Postby bear45 » November 17th, 2004, 6:57 pm

Nancy!!!! Those are great pictures of you...thanks for sharing them. It keeps me going!! Lisa

:mrgreen:
bear45

Postby fedup » November 18th, 2004, 5:48 am

Great Pics! Not only are you one svelte mama, but your skin positively glows!
Christy 5'5" age-34
Fresh start: Sept. 15, 2005 (240/ 240/ 160)
"Time to 'release the butterfly' inside
fedup
Trusted Member

Postby LongWay2go » November 21st, 2004, 5:57 am

All I can say is yowsa, HOT MAMA!

~Spidey
08/06/2004
on hiatus until "Vic the Vac" goes away!

WARNING: Don't try this at home, kids...
Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby Unca_Tim » December 4th, 2004, 2:14 pm

I found this older pic of Nance and thought I'd bump this thread up to show an example of before/after Medifast.

I'm not sure where in her weight loss journey this was, but I'm sure Nancy will let us know.
Unca
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby LongWay2go » December 4th, 2004, 2:17 pm

I see the "Kix" in the background. Now she's not eating Kix, she's doing them! Very inspiring Nancy, and thanks to Unca for posting!

~Spidey
08/06/2004
on hiatus until "Vic the Vac" goes away!

WARNING: Don't try this at home, kids...
Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Thanks, Unca!!!

Postby bear45 » December 4th, 2004, 2:31 pm

I just LOVE those before and after pictures!! Thanks so much for posting it..
Nancy...DO you remember when that was? I can hardly wait until next year to post a newer picture!! Hope you are all doing good...I am having a great day...have been reading "Life is Hard, Food is Easy" for a few days now, a little at a time before going to bed and upon rising...my main challenge is perserverance, but it is going very good again.....I am having to go back to the doctor in a month because my blood pressure has started going up again just a little...just gives me more RESOLVE to lose that flabbage!! Even though my yoga instructor tried to KILL me today!!! REALLY!! So, ok...just kidding!!
Have a great weekend all...Lisa

5/28/04

286/241/150
bear45

Re: Former Fatty Now Wears Spandex

Postby Nite Izes » December 4th, 2004, 5:19 pm

Nancy wrote:Have you noticed how great my skin looks? So many people ask me about skin flappage after having lost such a huge amount of weight…if you saw Lorrie, the 34-year old woman on the recent FOX television show, The Swan – please KNOW that my tummy does NOT look like hers! I am considerably older than Lorrie, (56 years old) and my skin looks FABULOUS because Medifast is muscle-sparing. That means that I lost the fluffy and not the muscle tissue.

Nancy what you wrote CAUGHT MY EYES!!!!! I have lost over 50 lbs using Medifast and I too have no saggy or flabby skin!!!! No flappage on my tummy, arms, thighs, legs, not even my tusch, well not yet. I thought from losing such a great amount of weight in such a short period of time (for me within 7 months) that my skin would lose its elasticity and hang. But that hasn't happen to me and I am NOT an avid person that exercises, only low impact and the most 2-3 times a week.

I know people who have had weight loss surgery and lost the same amount of weight and almost everyone of them, their skin just hangs and in need of serious removal from a pricey $$$$$$$ plastic surgeon. I need to lose another 60 lbs give or take and feel so happy because I do not see that my skin is anywhere near in need for reconstructive surgery in the near future since there is NO loss of elasticity on my body and I am 41 years old. I do not even see any stretchmarks and my only form of exercise is a Gazelle.

Well at the end of January you will see when I take my before and after pic that my body still looks firm although I will still be extremely overweight. I am just happy that I was able to lose the weight using Medifast and that my skin still kept its form. :mrgreen:
(303)285/208/140
start date: 3/27/04
BMI=55.4 New BMI= 38.0
WT Loss= -95/-77
GOALS
√ 1st goal= 250 BMI= 45.7
√ 2nd goal=219 BMI= 39.9
3rd goal = 191 BMI= 34.9
4th goal = 163 BMI= 29.8
5th goal = 140 BMI= 25.6
Nite Izes
Preferred Member - 70# Club

My Fatty Picture Unca Posted

Postby Nancy » December 5th, 2004, 3:00 am

:shock: Sheesh!

I thought that I had destroyed that photo of the now FABULOUS but FORMERLY FLABulous Leopard Woman and just when I thought it was safe, Unca finds it in its :secret: secret dark place and shows the whole world! :glasses:

Actually that photo was taken on Memorial Day 2002 when Terry and I were on a little trip visiting a Granny friend of ours in Juneau.

I am not really sure exactly how much I weighed because I did not leap on the scales except for when I went to the doctor's office. I do have my physician's report from January 2002 and I weighed 265 at that time.

I suspect that I weighed about the same in the photo above.

Gosh, I look so old in that picture - I was 54 and I think I looked like MY Granny in that picture.

I am 56 now and look younger than I did two years ago!

Lemme tell ya, Folks, I've been fat and now I am thin.

I love being thin a whole lot better than I liked being fat!Remember when you and the cheesecake are having a stare-down,

that Nothing tastes as good as thin feels (and looks!).

Dieting IS hard.

Don't give up.

Winners never quit.

Quitters never win...
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby RavenKat » December 5th, 2004, 5:58 am

I am just amazed at how much bigger your eyes and smile are now! You DO look a lot younger, too.

Kat
259/180/165
RavenKat
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Nancy » December 5th, 2004, 9:19 am

Well, thank you!

This Former Fatty smiles 24/7 now - in her :snooze: sleep, 'cuz she's so happy! :lol:

:shock: Hey! You are about ready to slip under the 90's lard limbo line, our slimmin' feline Friend! :yay:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Studio