For Accountability..

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

For Accountability..

Postby MusicalMomma » May 6th, 2006, 5:10 pm

Hello Medi-Friends! Well, hubby has hidden the scale and will let me weigh NEXT SUNDAY!!!! I had a bad couple of days...had a VERY emotional blow out with my best friend and I made excuses to eat off plan! I'm back under control, but hubby is wise and knows that in my present emotional state, the last thing I can handle is an upswing of the scale. SO, just to hold myself accountable to all of you fabulous people, I wanted to confess my waywardness. I may get to that finish line slower than what was possible, but the point is, I WILL GET THERE....and your support has been a source of extreme comfort and encouragement :)
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » May 6th, 2006, 5:14 pm

Hello,
Your hubby is very wise and I'm glad he hid the scale. I'm so sorry about the blowout! If ANYONE can get RIGHT back on track, I KNOW you will! You have told us what happened, you will get past this in a hurry. I know it!

We'll be here! It was a bad week, but that's over now! Onward and downward!

DeDe
dede4wd

Postby ChiNut » May 6th, 2006, 5:34 pm

I am so sorry about your blowout with your best friend. A lot of us are emotional eaters so we can totally relate. It's so great you have such a supportive hubbie. As you said, you're already back under control which says a lot about your strength and committment.
ChiNut
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Denise » May 6th, 2006, 5:35 pm

MM.....You are human..it happens! Sorry to hear of your argument with your best freind! I am sure you will be hugging and making up in no time!

Feel better soon...you are certainly a ROCK on this forum! :lol:
Denise
Preferred member

Postby FORMOMMY » May 6th, 2006, 5:53 pm

Joyce.....you are wonderful....the fact that you have lost 50 pounds is wonderful, the fact that you came and told us of your off plan eating is wonderful and getting to a point where you don't give up on yourself is WONDERFUL! I think you have an awesome hubby there and you are right...you will get there!!!

I am sorry about your blowup with your friend - I pray that you have a great week and a BIG loss next Sunday.

THanks for reminding me that we are all human, we all mess up and that the journey may be longer for some of us but the destination is the same.........THINNSVILLE!!!!
Michelle
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Phil 4:13

Started 1/23/06
Recommitted 1/02/07
FORMOMMY
Preferred Member - #20 Club

(((HUGS)))

Postby Ginabobina1969 » May 6th, 2006, 6:07 pm

Today is a new day. And guess what? There is always gonna be a new day! :D A Fresh Start...what a blessing that is!!!

You will do it Joyce..try not to be too hard on yourself and keep trucking along.

Hugs,
Gina

Previously...02/16/06 BMI-50 276/188
Restart....03/31/2008 -failed
Restart 03/26/09 280/267 Failed
Restart-Awaiting order. I cannot even bear to post my current weight...yet.
Ginabobina1969
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby mellowmom » May 6th, 2006, 6:36 pm

Joyce... You are my role model. I can only dream of when I'll get to a 50 pound loss. You are a rock and this one slip up will only make you stronger. Hang in there, girl. We all look up to you.

Carmel
Shaken AND Stirred
3/24/06
5'8" 334/213/165
Re-started 1/7/09
5'8" 325/165
mellowmom
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby falisamarie » May 7th, 2006, 5:03 am

Joyce we are close enough that I can say...... WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!! :whip: :3head: :tomato:

Just kidding woman! I know that by now you are right back in the swing of things!

I bet my bottom dollar that by Monday you are tearing that house apart looking for you scale....rofl

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby MusicalMomma » May 7th, 2006, 5:21 am

LOL Lisa!!!

Thank you everyone...Funny thing is, I've slipped up a lot since March's vacation. I kept making excuses and telling myself "It's OK". The truth is, I need to stop excusing myself to eat unhealthy. It's one thing to eat an off program meal when that meal is healthy and it's a ONCE IN A WHILE thing....but to excuse junk food and gluttony, well that's just plain denial. Like Lisa says frequently, "don't trade what you want for the long term, for what you want RIGHT NOW". I took a long hard look last night and faced up to my self medication and denial. I have faced up to the next 3-7 days being a craving nightmare! It's OK, I WILL detox again, I will feel good again and I WILL start slimming again!!!

We all get our victories in stages. The "all or nothing" mentality can be a HUGE trap. I've had that all or nothing mentaility. Came seriously close to throwing Medifast away! But after a long time praying and soul searching, I came to the conclusion that Medifast isn't failing me, I am failing myself! This epiphany woke me up and made me ready to start again...fresh and new...get excited like today is DAY ONE!!

We all read the "Newbie" posts and they are all so excited. Well, if you are struggling like I have been lately, take some time to soul search and get EXCITED about losing weight again!!!! We can do this! This is EXCITING...we ARE losing weight! We are getting slimmer! We are getting healthier!!! Let's stop letting "slip ups", plateaus, or emotions keep us from claiming our right to good health!!!

OK, I've rambled on enough, just needed to print out what's been going on my head and heart :)

Have a great week!!!
MusicalMomma

Postby nostoppingme » May 7th, 2006, 5:43 am

That all or nothing way of thinking is a tough thing to crack. It is what has gotten me where I am today - It is what has made me lose and gain the same 40lbs over and over again.

You have a great opportunity to prove to yourself, and all of us that are inspired by you that it can be done. Maybe that should be a goal for all of us, rather than a certain # of lbs - is to learn that success means getting right back up when you fall down.

This losing weight and dealing with food addiction is a journey, and there will be many detours along the way. As long as you come back to the right path, the detours can teach us things we never would have known if we didn't take them.
nostoppingme
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Arklahoma » May 7th, 2006, 2:29 pm

Joyce ~ So sorry to hear about your rough time but I'm very pleased to hear about your willingness to hold yourself accountable. IMHO, that's really half the battle, so Kudos to You!!!

Hope the next few days are fairly easy for you until you get back into the medi-groove.
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to The Weight Room