FluffyNoMore

1 Thread per registered User.

FluffyNoMore

Postby FluffyNoMore » July 9th, 2006, 9:45 pm

K...I feel left out not having one of these... :) So here goes... I'm just going to go back to where I knew I needed help..and skip through to where I am today...bear with me.

Feb. 23, 2006

Reality Check
You know that problem people with anorexia have, where they look in the mirror and see themselves as fat? I look in the mirror and say, "hey you look pretty good." Well, that came to a crashing hault when I went to lunch with some coworkers for a celebration and we had someone who worked there to take our picture outside in the patio area....well, I saw those pictures and DID NOT recognize myself. Why didn't I see that I was getting as big as VW Bug?? How can my mind lie to myself for so long? And damn that "clothing store" for making big clothes and saying they're a 14/16!!
I then had to go to my Dr. for a sick visit and donchya know they have me hop on that scale. OMG!!! That's wrong!! That scale is wrong. There is absolutely no way I weigh 227...NO WAY I didn't even weigh that when I went to deliver 3 of my babies....I'm not pregnant, so I can't use that as an excuse. HOLY SMOKES I'm FAT!!!!!
So I cried and felt really sorry for myself. Then I got mad at myself for letting me get so big and not seeing it. And then I decided to do something about it.

I lost 13 lbs the first week... 17 in 2 weeks.....then leveled off to 1-3 lbs a week...sometimes none, but if I didn't lose weight I lost inches. So that kept me motivated to keep going.

This weightloss journey has not only been a journey about weight, but a journey of self discovery. I didn't realize how much I was hiding behind my weight until it started to come off and I was no longer invisible. Feelings and emotions that I hadn't let myself feel in years came to the surface and I had absolutely nothing else to do but deal with them, especially, since I couldn't push them back down with food.

Not only have I had to deal with things, but also my husband. He's had to deal with me not being the fat wife everywhere we go. Me getting attention for my weightloss and trying to be supportive of me and not feel insecure...then he started doing MF too. :) He's not 100% compliant some days, but he tries and he eats 100 times better than he did before.

Now in the last 4 months, I have shrunk out of every article of clothing I own, except for a few things I saved from the 1990's and 2 pairs of gap jeans from the 1980s...Every woman has her skinny jeans...someday I'm going to fit into them and I may just wear them out in public even though they are out of style. So I went to the store in May and bought a few things to tide me over....size 14's and my vanity sized jeans. :) Well, skip to last thursday......

Shopping Spree!!!
Well sort of. :) I've been going through some "woe is me" crap lately when it comes to my wardrobe or lack there of... In the late summer and fall of 2005 I went on a HUGE shopping spree because I started working and didn't own anything that was more dressed up than what you'd wear to the pizza barn. Well, I did own dressier stuff, but it was too small. So I went to Lane Bryant and spent a small fortune on clothes. I tried regular department stores, like JC Penney, but once you skipped up to the Women's section the clothes were ugly and old ladyish.
Anyway.....so skip to the new year and now I'm losing weight....by March I was swimming in the clothes...by April I couldn't wear anything. Dress pants and skirts don't have belt loops. LOL! So to avoid dropping trau all over I need some clothes...So I grabbed the girls and said, we're going shopping...Kohl's big sale started yesterday...I needed a suit....at least a business skirt and some blouses to get me through 3 days when I go to Texas... So I go and see blazers (black, grey, and camel)...I look at the black.. the sizes are 6, 10, 12, 18, So I grab a 12 and say a little prayer....then I see some dress skirts sizes 4, 6, 12...so I grab a 12. Head to the dressing room feeling defeated. The girls are saying all the way to the dressing rooms, "those are too skinny for you." I just want to sceam "shut up I know!!!"
Go in try on the skirt....pulls up no problem... zips no problem....buttons no problem..not even tight pulling or anything...then the jacket. pull it on goes on.. no tightness on my arms, fits across the back...ok now to button it... IT BUTTONS...and the buttons don't pull apart!!!! OMG!!!! OMG!!! OMG!!!
I just stood there looking at myself in the mirror and it felt like it was a dream... the refection from the neck down didn't look like me...I just stood there...
I whipped around opened the dressing room door.. Yelled for my daughter...LIZZIE!!!! The girls come running around the corner...I say, "it's a 12, I fit into a 12..it's 12..." Her face said it all...and then she said, "you're so skinny mom" then I started doing a little victory dance and whispering, "i'm wearing a 12..." and then this lady comes out of the dressing room next to me laughing...
So just for the hell of it I tried on countless clothes...all 12's. All fit except one pair of capris that were too tight in my butt. :) I didn't buy anything but 2 blouses, the skirt and the jacket.
Last summer, I had resolved myself to the fact that I was going to be fat and there was nothing I could do about it, so I might as well accept it.....now to fast forward a year and be where I am now, is unbelievable. I'm sorry this is so long....I still can't even believe it's real....

Ok so now you're all brought up to date with me...I've lost 42.5 lbs since Feb 23.
Last edited by FluffyNoMore on July 9th, 2006, 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FluffyNoMore
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby DogMa » July 9th, 2006, 9:50 pm

What a great story, Jen. You're making such great progress!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby sidrah » July 10th, 2006, 1:13 am

Good for you. You really have it together. Now you just need to win the Lotto so you can buy all those clothes you saw in the stores- size 12 all the way down.
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby FluffyNoMore » July 10th, 2006, 11:07 am

I have a big week planned. We have a Fresh Air Child here from New York City...well from Queens. She's wonderful. This is our 4th year in the program and her 3rd year with us. We only have this week and weekend left and there is so much I want to do. :) It is so rewarding to do this, but the laundry and dishes, just from adding one more child to the mix is mind blowing. LOL! Otherwise having 4 kids isn't any different.

We're heading up to Hampton Beach this week... wed and thurs. promise no rain... This is a big milestone. I went last year about this time and I was the big mom with the brood of kids..wearing a skirted swimsuit.. like it was actually concealing my 50 inch hips. I was the one who could hardly breathe and was in a full sweat by the time we walked from the parking lot across the street and to the beach...Well, not this year. This year I'm wearing a bathing suit without a skirt and I'm not going to worry if someone's looking at my belly rolls or my cellulite legs. I'm not skinny, I know this, but I know how different I look this year.
FluffyNoMore

Postby Arklahoma » July 10th, 2006, 12:06 pm

Love your catch-up post. I can truly envision you coming out of the dressing room while screaming at your girls to come. :lol:
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby FluffyNoMore » July 11th, 2006, 2:09 pm

This rain had better go away soon...I DON'T want to be cooped up with 4 kids anymore! LOL! I'm no longer mom, I'm now a referee. And there's only so many games and arts and crafts we can do before looking at each other gets old.

This weightloss has in a way made me more self conscious of myself...even paranoid. I think it's the attention that I'm not used to. I try not to talk about it... my mom asks me for updates, but my friends and family even strangers all want to talk about it. I mean online is different... you're not looking me up and down asking me how much I've lost and your not saying things like, "what are you trying to be anorexic?" "I can't go out with you anymore, I don't want to be the fat one." "what, don't you eat anymore?" And you're not watching every morsel I put in my mouth.

All the women in my family, aside from 1, are under 5 ft. 3 inches...so talking about weight with them makes me feel like a sherman tank, so I avoid it... I don't want to hear how 135 is so fat....
FluffyNoMore

Hi

Postby dede4wd » July 15th, 2006, 7:39 pm

I know how you feel. I just don't want to talk about it sometimes...not with strangers, not with family, not with friends! I'm tired of hearing "I don't want to be the fat one" and "are you trying to waste away to nothing". It gets annoying!

I just want to do the program.

I'm also getting attention from men that I'm not used to. People that used to see me as a person/a co-worker, etc are now looking at me like I'm the special of the day! Yikes!

Have fun with your refereeing and I hope it stopped raining by now!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Lizabette » July 15th, 2006, 8:02 pm

JEN,

Good Journal. I'll be looking for more updates, especially on the clothes.

Many of us are having trouble finding something we can wear in our closets..
Seems funny to one day fit into some jeans and the next time it is too loose!
It's like a miracle happening before our eyes!
Well, such is Medifast life!

You're doing good, girl!

Lizabette :heart:
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Sojourner » August 12th, 2006, 10:08 pm

Fluffy, where are you??
:wave:
Hey, anybody seen Fluffy?
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby Serendipity » August 13th, 2006, 4:32 am

Was wondering the same thing. :idontknow:
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby kmr » September 28th, 2006, 11:35 am

FluffyNoMore....where are you? I enjoyed reading your "catch up" post and was wondering how your progress is going.
kmr
Preferred member

Return to My Journal