FitFlops

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

FitFlops

Postby Charity » November 28th, 2007, 5:11 pm

Hey has anyone heard of FitFlops? They are coined they gym in a shoe!
My husband got them for me as a reward for loosing 40 lbs (at my request)

They are pricey at 50 bucks at Macy's but cheaper than my 20 lbs down reward of new sneakers with the springs on the back :mrgreen: !

Anyway, I have been using them for a week or so now and I have to say, I like them! I think they are working and they are super comfy.
Lost 40# last year on MF
Restart date: 3/6/8 5'2"
Charity
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby lifelovinaries » November 28th, 2007, 8:54 pm

charity, i had never heard of them til i read your post. i looked them up and they look comfy. unfortunately, i guess i am too cheap to spend $50 on "fitflop" flip flops at this time. I guess i would want to know that they are going to do something more than my sneakers before i invest. If i lived in a warmer climate (LIKE HAWAII :D ) where i could wear them year long, it would be worth it. Then again, when summer hits and i don't put sneaks on anymore, this would be an option...kinda hard to think about it when it is 35 degrees outside though. All of this coming from me, a woman who spent $250 on a beautiful pair of emanuel ungaro sandals which i have NEVER worn. Jeez, $50 for fitflops isn't looking so bad after all. :mrgreen: guess i just need t decide on a color!

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Charity » November 28th, 2007, 9:52 pm

$250!!!! Whoah!!!! I would imagine that I will never spend so much on a pair of shoes but I never frown upon how any gal splurges because we all splurge--just on different stuff. My splurges are on hair ($400 strait perm every 4-6 months) and my fantastic vacuum (800+).

I love to stairmaster so I didn't feel a burn at all using fitFlops for normal errand running.

I used them instead of sneakers on my last walk and that is when I noticed a difference. I live on an incline and when I decided to turn around and walk home is when my legs went to jello. :shock: It wasn't even that far of a walk! I felt it for the next couple days.

So now, I am a believer and though they don't look so great to me, I wear them all the time! :mrgreen:
Lost 40# last year on MF
Charity

Postby bikipatra » November 29th, 2007, 4:26 am

MBT, Masai Barefoot Technology shoes, are a good winter alternative. They are the "first physiological footwear." They train muscles, burn calories and protect joints. Sojo and I both wear them and I think a few others do too. My first few weeks wearing them I could feel my butt muscles burning! Just Google them and I think you will be impressed. They are expensive (around 250 a pair) but I went and tried them on in a store and then ordered off Ebay and saved 100 bucks. They come in European sizes.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby CGal67 » November 29th, 2007, 6:17 pm

BIKI,

I almost bought a pair of those the week before I started MF because the store I bought my work shoes in was selling them. They look really interesting and I am still thinking about wearing them. I do think I'd look a little "strange" wearing them...but WHO cares right?

C
Scale Junkies Association
Proud Member

Started MF: 11/25/2007
210/184/130ish
CGal67
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Charity » November 29th, 2007, 7:16 pm

Avon is selling a Curves brand verson of that shoe for way cheaper. They have both the velcro sandal type and a sneaker. Hummm....maybe I should get some!

The fitflops don't have the obvious curve on the bottom. They are swishy bottomed.
Lost 40# last year on MF
Charity

Postby PippiLongstocking » November 29th, 2007, 11:50 pm

Charity wrote:Avon is selling a Curves brand verson of that shoe for way cheaper. They have both the velcro sandal type and a sneaker. Hummm....maybe I should get some!

The fitflops don't have the obvious curve on the bottom. They are swishy bottomed.

has anyone heard if the Avon brand is as good? I've known people that swear by these shoes and that they help your back problems.
PippiLongstocking
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby Out*With*The*Old » November 30th, 2007, 8:14 am

The shoes sound great but I can't wear flops - - can't STAND anything between my toes. Biki offered an alternative but heck, I don't wanna pay that much for shoes! LOL
Out*With*The*Old
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby lifelovinaries » December 1st, 2007, 6:58 am

My issue with the MBTs are the large sole! Damn, i am already 5' 9.5" barefoot. They look like they might make me 6'2" or taller. Yes, i do wear heels, but cute heels (no more than 3.5"). So i think in the MBT's i might feel like Fiona (from Shrek), darn, in the MBT's and with my body size, i jus might feel like SHREK!

lifelovinaries

Postby lifelovinaries » December 1st, 2007, 7:02 am

You know, it's only the tall SKINNY girls that get the comments of "you are tall like a model..." the tall big girls get "you are sooo tall...) But i feel good in my sexy heels, and i must admit, i do get positive comments when i wear them. Because of back problems and foot surgery (4 years ago), i haven't worn them much in the past 1.5 years. Uh, yeah, and my new beau of 9 mos is only 5' 10" so most of the time i try to be as short as possible. i think THAT has had more to do with it than anything... :D SSSHHH...don't tell him, he loves the heels.

lifelovinaries

Postby bikipatra » December 1st, 2007, 8:05 am

Out*With*The*Old wrote:The shoes sound great but I can't wear flops - - can't STAND anything between my toes. Biki offered an alternative but heck, I don't wanna pay that much for shoes! LOL

If you don't want to pay that much for shoes, then you are robbing yourself. I think your goal present to yourself should be a pair of heels-good ones-Prada, Manolos or Jimmy Choos.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby Out*With*The*Old » December 1st, 2007, 11:15 am

bikipatra wrote:
Out*With*The*Old wrote:The shoes sound great but I can't wear flops - - can't STAND anything between my toes. Biki offered an alternative but heck, I don't wanna pay that much for shoes! LOL

If you don't want to pay that much for shoes, then you are robbing yourself. I think your goal present to yourself should be a pair of heels-good ones-Prada, Manolos or Jimmy Choos.

Ohhh noooo - - My goal present is a SPA weekend :). Every 20 pounds = massage (and its killng me not to go more often) and then goal is a SPA weekend. My favorite guilty pleasure!!!!! I'm VERY much looking forward to it. I just need to decide if I am going to my old favorite in Santa Fe or if I'll pick a new SPA in a new town.
Out*With*The*Old

Postby Charity » December 1st, 2007, 11:36 am

Every person who asks me what I want for Christmas gets the same answer. I want a massage! I don't want one from a fancy spa, but just the reasonably priced one at this school of massage I went to several times. I had a fancy one at a very fancy and posh hotel I was staying at on the day of my wedding and it sucked in comparison and cost 5 times as much.

Anyway, the baby is now 23 lbs and my back in the sholder blade area is so tight and I am so lucky to say that I want for nothing. I don't want more clothes, shoes,make up, stuff....I just can't think of something I really want that I don't have. I am a minimalist and I live in a small condo and value the illusion of spaciousness I created.

:x I am getting the strong feeling that no one is listening and I will end up with presents that don't have space in my condo for and no massage!

Oh well, I will still be thankful of course. :mrgreen:
Lost 40# last year on MF
Charity

Postby Out*With*The*Old » December 1st, 2007, 12:04 pm

Charity wrote: :x I am getting the strong feeling that no one is listening and I will end up with presents that don't have space in my condo for and no massage!

Return them and buy your own massage, lol!

I haven't found the perfect massage therapist here in GA yet. But I am still on the look out! The one I used in Denver was AWESOME! She came to our house and the massage was always 2 hours of pure pleasure!! i'd plan my whole day around it! I'd make sure to make the entire day a day of relaxation, not just the two hours I was rubbed.

Now, going out to get one kinda spoils it for me, lol. I loved the luxury of having her come to me. It's been a long time since I did a weekend SPA getaway though and I'm really looking forward to it.....oh, and not at a hotel! LOL A serene Japanese SPA up in the mountains or in the middle of nowhere.
Out*With*The*Old

Postby KellyC » December 1st, 2007, 4:20 pm

Uh, yeah, and my new beau of 9 mos is only 5' 10" so most of the time i try to be as short as possible. i think THAT has had more to do with it than anything... icon_biggrin.gif SSSHHH...don't tell him, he loves the heels.

My fiance is a good 3 or 4 inches shorter than me, and it doesn't matter one single bit. Embrace it, wear your heels. Especially if he loves them... what other opinion matters?

Oh, and I am 6'2.5" barefoot. It used to bother me when I was a teenager, but as an adult, I've learned that no one else gives a darn.
KellyC

Return to What's Shakin'